+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

I don't care how much it costs, but its a safe bet that its not going to cost 20k. Thats basically double that of a typical Dr. Gho procedure and 4X the rate (or more) of standard FUT. Market won't allow that kind psychotic pricing in 3-7 years.

Even if it is 20k, I'd still pay that. I've got money put aside already and in 3 years will have much more. As long as the effects are permanent and gives good density.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    i don't care how much it costs, but its a safe bet that its not going to cost 20k. Thats basically double that of a typical dr. Gho procedure and 4x the rate (or more) of standard fut. Market won't allow that kind psychotic pricing in 3-7 years.

Even if it is 20k, i'd still pay that. I've got money put aside already and in 3 years will have much more. As long as the effects are permanent and gives good density.
    you never know

I don't care how much it costs or where on the planet they would be conducting this. I would pay for it and fly wherever I need to if the treatment is sound and provides adequate density.

I agree Hellouser. I too have saved my pennies and can deal with a blow to my savings of that magnitude, as long as it promised a good amount of hair. Just get it to market. I'd pay for this yesterday if it were out.

I think the technique Nigam is offering is more sophisticated....Replicel is only multiplying DP cells, I don't know how they address the problem of progenitor cells.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I don't care how much it costs, but its a safe bet that its not going to cost 20k. Thats basically double that of a typical Dr. Gho procedure and 4X the rate (or more) of standard FUT. Market won't allow that kind psychotic pricing in 3-7 years.

Even if it is 20k, I'd still pay that. I've got money put aside already and in 3 years will have much more. As long as the effects are permanent and gives good density.
    At first, that kind of pricing would be a deal. There are enough bald guys with money to spend, 20K doesn't even get you a brand new car

At least myself, if the procedure gives you full density, at least for a decade, I've always been willing to spend 30 grand. But from the looks of it, it will not be that expensive, and the density results are still to be seen

And why is everyone claiming this would be fast tracked in Asia? From what I've heard, Japanese regulations are as strict as the ones from the FDA

It is good news indeed. Shisiedo seems a stalwart in the business of health and beauty; such a great boost for a potential fledgling company as Replicel. I'd say its their first amount of revenue. They have to be ecstatic after the decade of hard work they have put in. Awesome all around!

This is great, as long as it isn't some stupid situation where they found they can actually prevent hair regrowth and Shisheido is using it as a hair removal product.

Quote Originally Posted by UK Boy View Post
    Professor Rolf Hoffmann, RepliCel's Chief Medical Officer commented, "The Agreement will ultimately see further human clinical trials being conducted by Shiseido in its territory. In addition, the Agreement anticipates ongoing research collaboration for the continued improvement of the technology. As Shiseido has world-class technical expertise in hair biology, we anticipate that together we will develop further improvements to the technology. As a co-founder of the Company, I am extremely pleased to be partnering with a leader in hair science."
    I think it's interesting how Shiseido will pay the bills and conduct it's own trials in Japan, and I'm not an expert, but $4 million dollars seems like enough for Replicel to conduct a single 12 month Phase 2 FDA trial here in the USA or maybe not even quite that much.

I can't see any negative side to this news! Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckerine11 View Post
    This is great, as long as it isn't some stupid situation where they found they can actually prevent hair regrowth and Shisheido is using it as a hair removal product.
    Haha Christ that would be hilarious in a not so funny way

Wow !!! This news really made my day !! It's nothing short of awesome to see a huge company step in and provide all needed financial liquidity to get this thing going. Replicel is back, with a vengeance !