+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Pantostin (Alfatradiol)

How do we not know about this? It's been available for many years in Germany!

__________________________________________________ _________________

Alfatradiol is a 5α-reductase inhibitor used topically for the treatment of androgenic alopecia (hair loss) in men and women.

A clinical study performed in Germany seemed to reveal that Alfatradiol may perform well at slowing down or stopping the progression of hair loss whereas minoxidil proved to increase hair density and overall hair shaft thickness.

__________________________________________________ _______________

For those that can NOT tolerate Finasteride, they should definitely try this Pantostin! Due to its mechanism of action...it is most probably as effective as Finasteride...

Furthermore, apart from a slight itching, NO adverse effect has been reported with this drug!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    How do we not know about this? It's been available for many years in Germany!

__________________________________________________ _________________

Alfatradiol is a 5α-reductase inhibitor used topically for the treatment of androgenic alopecia (hair loss) in men and women.

A clinical study performed in Germany seemed to reveal that Alfatradiol may perform well at slowing down or stopping the progression of hair loss whereas minoxidil proved to increase hair density and overall hair shaft thickness.

__________________________________________________ _______________

For those that can NOT tolerate Finasteride, they should definitely try this Pantostin! Due to its mechanism of action...it is most probably as effective as Finasteride...

Furthermore, apart from a slight itching, NO adverse effect has been reported with this drug!!!
    Have you found more than this one study?

BACKGROUND:

Two drugs which are approved for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia in women in Germany were compared with regard to their influence on hair growth.

PATIENTS AND METHODS:

Patients were randomized to group I (n = 52) who used 2% minoxidil solution twice daily for a period of 12 months or to group II (n = 51) who used 0.025% alfatradiol solution once daily for 6 months and were then switched to 2% minoxidil solution for months 7-12. Changes in hair growth parameters were determined using the TrichoScan.

RESULTS:

Topical treatment with 2% minoxidil solution for 6 months resulted in a significant increase of cumulative hair thickness (p < 0.0001) and absolute hair density (p < or = 0.0025), whereas these parameters of hair growth remained nearly unchanged after 6 months of treatment with alfatradiol solution. Evaluation of the same parameters from month 7 to month 12 demonstrated that 12 months minoxidil treatment resulted in an increasing stabilization (group I). After the alfatradiol –>minoxidil switch in group II a significant increase in cumulative hair thickness (p < 0.0001) and absolute hair density (p < 0.0001) was achieved. Both study medications were well tolerated.

CONCLUSIONS:

Treatment with minoxidil can induce an increase in hair density and hair thickness, whereas treatment with alfatradiol results in deceleration or stabilization of hair loss.

Where can we obtain this? Any safety issues?

Fin is the most effective treatment for hair loss.

http://superhumangear.com/store_wp/s...male-baldness/

here uk,

i want to try it too because i dont have a dht blocking agent i think if it is equal to fin then thats the way to go

Yeah Jens..that's the study I was reading

UK, can you believe this product has been available for over 10 years and no one knows about it!!! My mind is literally blown?!?!

This is exactly what everyone have been waiting for...Should members be risking their health using RU and CB sourced from black market without knowing their potential long-term side effects when we have this product sitting right under our nose?

This might tie everyone over till we get Histogen & CB come to fruition

Quote Originally Posted by TO YOUNG TO RETIRE View Post
    http://superhumangear.com/store_wp/s...male-baldness/

here uk,

i want to try it too because i dont have a dht blocking agent i think if it is equal to fin then thats the way to go
    Nice find brother

Let's give this a shot

Pantostin was talked about on ************ and HLH awhile back. People jumped from Pantostin to cetirizine as Pantostin was apparently to weak. The threads should still be on those websites if you fancy a read through.

So thats the only study out there? I havent found enything else than that one

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    Pantostin was talked about on ************ and HLH awhile back. People jumped from Pantostin to cetirizine as Pantostin was apparently to weak. The threads should still be on those websites if you fancy a read through.
    Really! Still worth a shot though and worse comes to worse if you can't tolerate fin and this is not strong enough for you, you can still try taking Fin ONCE A WEEK and apply Pantostin every other day of the week! This way, your sides should be minimal and hair loss should significantly slow down!

It's important for ppl to know that there are still options out there as Histogen and other future treatments are still a fair while away and keeping the hair you already have should be your first priority!

UK, can you believe this product has been available for over 10 years and no one knows about it!!! My mind is literally blown?!?!

This is exactly what everyone have been waiting for...Should members be risking their health using RU and CB sourced from black market without knowing their potential long-term side effects when we have this product sitting right under our nose?

This might tie everyone over till we get Histogen & CB come to fruition
    You have to remember Des, if this was truely a great thing and worked it would be around the web and doctors would be proscribing this. If something has been around for 10years and still not heard of, that kinda speaks for itself.