+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfaninfl View Post
    Here is a photo of my hair before me hair loss started. As you can see from my photos in my profile of being on fin for a year and two months that my hair looks great, and it doesn't look much different from before my hair loss started. You don't see any difference. People can't tell I lost any hair or was losing any hair. I started fin two weeks after my hair loss started. My hair loss was aggressive because my dad is a NW7. His hair loss started at 35 (Mine started at 36) and within 10 years he was a NW7. I would wake up and there would be 20 hairs on my pillow. I would also be covered in hair after I took a shower, so I would have been bald pretty quickly.
    Your hair looks much better there.

So where did you come from then? In terms of hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Your hair looks much better there.

So where did you come from then? In terms of hair loss.
    I started to thin in the temple area like my father. I did shed for 3 to 4 months after starting fin and then it started to thicken up again in the front once the shedding stopped. I attribute my success to starting fin as soon as I noticed my thinning. I didn't wait like a lot of people do. If that wouldn't have worked then I would have gotten on Dut, but it did very well with no sides at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    All I can say is, if you have regrowth on fin in less than 4 months (correct me if wrong about the timeline), dut might give you some very impressive results.
    Of course I can't differentiate between saved hairs and hairs that would naturally still be growing in thick and dark. I have to actually shave a handful of hairs outside my hairline that are wayyyy out there. I'm actually more interested in the blonde ones -- I want too see watch their roots and see if they get darker (unless I should only expect to see darker shades after a full hair cycle???).

Anyways, I think I'll stick to fin right now. I've been manic and panicked to start other treatments, but once I collect myself I realize I need to stay the course. Will post pics at 4 months (June/21st)

How long does Fin work for? 10 years from now will my hair start falling out again?

I saw a site that said Fin that only 6% of men regrow anything. I know the Rogaine commercials say that there is regrowth in 85% but I'm a little skeptical of that given my results.

Quote Originally Posted by pensfan View Post
    How long does Fin work for? 10 years from now will my hair start falling out again?

I saw a site that said Fin that only 6% of men regrow anything. I know the Rogaine commercials say that there is regrowth in 85% but I'm a little skeptical of that given my results.
    Theoretically, fin should work forever -- or at least until you start losing hair for non-DHT reasons.

Don't take fin on the assumption you're going to re-grow, but rather take it to maintain. If you want to re-grow get on minox (Rogaine) in conjunction.