+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Has anyone had success with Fin?

I don't think I've read a post on these boards where anyone has said they've had success with it? It makes me weary of using it.

I've been on it for 4 months now(1mg). No symptoms but maybe a little bit more thinning. Does anyone have any good experiences with it?

You probably haven't been reading enough. Finasteride does have a high success rate, in the form of slowing down hair loss. It's so cheap nowadays, that for what it does it's definitely worth the price.

Don't get confused with people complaining about the drugs side effects. Fin does work in most cases, in some cases it's not strong enough and you'll have to use Dutasteride instead.

My personal experience with fin is that it slowed down my hair loss, but was not strong enough to regrow anything.

What is Dutasteride? I've seen it referenced a couple of times but a google search brings up little information. I know you referenced it in my other thread.

I was really hoping I could get some regrowth with it. With how I'm thinning a little would make a huge difference.

Have you tired fin yet?

BTW, may I see the state of your hair loss? If you just started, like you're a NW2, fin might be able to regrow hair.

Dutasteride is a stronger version of finasteride.

Here is a lot of info on dut:

http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed...archiveid=7950

Here are a few with a bad camera phone. It kind of has like a Tornado type thing going where it's thinner in the middle then slow get's thicker. Like I said this hit me like a ton of bricks so I've been doing my best to research hair loss over the last 4 months but it seems like there is a lot of bad information. Like the Rogaine commercial that says 85% experience growth but I don't see that figure any where else. Anyways..

That's not bad. Looks recoverable to me.

Rogaine is working for me and i'm bit worse than you, but also i'm on dutasteride and I also use Rogaine liquid at night.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    That's not bad. Looks recoverable to me.

Rogaine is working for me and i'm bit worse than you, but also i'm on dutasteride and I also use Rogaine liquid at night.
    Did you just see a stop in loss or did you get some regrowth? How long did it take?

Hair loss stopped in about 2 weeks in to treatment, thickening happened in about 4 weeks, now regrowth is happening 2 months and 1 week in.

To give you an idea of how fast i'm progressing (thanks to dutasteride), here are two pictures within the same month, just weeks apart in May. The angles are slightly, very slightly different. But I just want to you to see the hair line. Otherwise is under the same lighting, same room, same spot in my bed.

The pics seem to super size on this site, so I just posted the links.

May 03 2013:

http://imgur.com/OsPp1Jj,6pBk1RG#0

Today (May 27th 2013):

http://imgur.com/OsPp1Jj,6pBk1RG#1

That is just the difference between May 3 and May 27[today]. So imagine the difference between when I actually started (March 15th 2013) and today. I have really come along away. I definitely expect skeptics and photo experts to claim "positioning", "Lighting", etc as the reason why the results look so good, because honestly I myself am blown away at my results, relative to the time these results have happened. I've come up with every excuse in the book to not believe in my own results but I give up, Dutasteride is just that damn strong. So it will no longer bother me of what people think of the results.

The hairs in the after pictures that seem to be combed to the side, they just seem to grow that way, I can't get them to straighten down unless I shower. But eventually when they dry up they go to the side like that.

OP....finasteride works. I have been on it going on 3 years. (However I added dut around 3.5 months ago)
    I also recommend ketoconazole shampoo, 2%. Minoxidil also if you can commit to it

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Hair loss stopped in about 2 weeks in to treatment, thickening happened in about 4 weeks, now regrowth is happening 2 months and 1 week in.

To give you an idea of how fast i'm progressing (thanks to dutasteride), here are two pictures within the same month, just weeks apart in May. The angles are slightly, very slightly different. But I just want to you to see the hair line. Otherwise is under the same lighting, same room, same spot in my bed.

The pics seem to super size on this site, so I just posted the links.

May 03 2013:

http://imgur.com/OsPp1Jj,6pBk1RG#0

Today (May 27th 2013):

http://imgur.com/OsPp1Jj,6pBk1RG#1

That is just the difference between May 3 and May 27[today]. So imagine the difference between when I actually started (March 15th 2013) and today. I have really come along away. I definitely expect skeptics and photo experts to claim "positioning", "Lighting", etc as the reason why the results look so good, because honestly I myself am blown away at my results, relative to the time these results have happened. I've come up with every excuse in the book to not believe in my own results but I give up, Dutasteride is just that damn strong. So it will no longer bother me of what people think of the results.
    Wow, no mistaking the improvement. The vellus hairs you have in front of your actual hairline are easily more significant than mine....in fact quite a few look borderline terminal. Mine are smaller and f*cking blond!
    I am starting to think about trying minox....