Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PatientlyWaiting
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Soxfaninfl
    Here is a photo of my hair before me hair loss started. As you can see from my photos in my profile of being on fin for a year and two months that my hair looks great, and it doesn't look much different from before my hair loss started. You don't see any difference. People can't tell I lost any hair or was losing any hair. I started fin two weeks after my hair loss started. My hair loss was aggressive because my dad is a NW7. His hair loss started at 35 (Mine started at 36) and within 10 years he was a NW7. I would wake up and there would be 20 hairs on my pillow. I would also be covered in hair after I took a shower, so I would have been bald pretty quickly.
    Your hair looks much better there.

So where did you come from then? In terms of hair loss.

Comment

• Soxfaninfl
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
      Your hair looks much better there.

So where did you come from then? In terms of hair loss.
      I started to thin in the temple area like my father. I did shed for 3 to 4 months after starting fin and then it started to thicken up again in the front once the shedding stopped. I attribute my success to starting fin as soon as I noticed my thinning. I didn't wait like a lot of people do. If that wouldn't have worked then I would have gotten on Dut, but it did very well with no sides at all.

Comment

• BigThinker
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
        All I can say is, if you have regrowth on fin in less than 4 months (correct me if wrong about the timeline), dut might give you some very impressive results.
        Of course I can't differentiate between saved hairs and hairs that would naturally still be growing in thick and dark. I have to actually shave a handful of hairs outside my hairline that are wayyyy out there. I'm actually more interested in the blonde ones -- I want too see watch their roots and see if they get darker (unless I should only expect to see darker shades after a full hair cycle???).

Anyways, I think I'll stick to fin right now. I've been manic and panicked to start other treatments, but once I collect myself I realize I need to stay the course. Will post pics at 4 months (June/21st)

Comment

• pensfan
          • May 2013

How long does Fin work for? 10 years from now will my hair start falling out again?

I saw a site that said Fin that only 6% of men regrow anything. I know the Rogaine commercials say that there is regrowth in 85% but I'm a little skeptical of that given my results.

Comment

• BigThinker
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by pensfan
            How long does Fin work for? 10 years from now will my hair start falling out again?

I saw a site that said Fin that only 6% of men regrow anything. I know the Rogaine commercials say that there is regrowth in 85% but I'm a little skeptical of that given my results.
            Theoretically, fin should work forever -- or at least until you start losing hair for non-DHT reasons.

Don't take fin on the assumption you're going to re-grow, but rather take it to maintain. If you want to re-grow get on minox (Rogaine) in conjunction.

Comment

Working...