+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    You are still on 1.25 mg fin right?
    Yeah, still on it. Being the coward that I am, in regards to fearing losing hair + not being affected by any side effects from fin, ever, I haven't dropped it. I don't even think about it anymore. I just take it, it has become part of my life.

Also Patiently, what brand was it that you use for dut?
    I'm poor as hell bro, I buy the cheapest one available, Dutagen.

Today, I saw pics of my hair loss I took in March, I took pics in that same position i'm in those pictures today and wow, the difference is unbelievable. Since I have been only comparing my pics between April and May, I forgot all about my March pictures. Every time I feel down about my hair loss, which is often, I just look back at my March-early April pics and I realize where I came from and what this treatment has done in such a short period of time. It has spoiled me, I need to be more grateful. I'm afraid I won't be until I get the ultimate hairline.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Hair loss stopped in about 2 weeks in to treatment, thickening happened in about 4 weeks, now regrowth is happening 2 months and 1 week in.

To give you an idea of how fast i'm progressing (thanks to dutasteride), here are two pictures within the same month, just weeks apart in May. The angles are slightly, very slightly different. But I just want to you to see the hair line. Otherwise is under the same lighting, same room, same spot in my bed.

The pics seem to super size on this site, so I just posted the links.

May 03 2013:

http://imgur.com/OsPp1Jj,6pBk1RG#0

Today (May 27th 2013):

http://imgur.com/OsPp1Jj,6pBk1RG#1

That is just the difference between May 3 and May 27[today]. So imagine the difference between when I actually started (March 15th 2013) and today. I have really come along away. I definitely expect skeptics and photo experts to claim "positioning", "Lighting", etc as the reason why the results look so good, because honestly I myself am blown away at my results, relative to the time these results have happened. I've come up with every excuse in the book to not believe in my own results but I give up, Dutasteride is just that damn strong. So it will no longer bother me of what people think of the results.
    Those pictures show a stark improvement.

Congrats, man. It's pretty exciting to see little hairs popping up on my frontal lobe -- some dark, some blonde, but all hair.

Will be interesting to see what happens with your dome in more time.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Those pictures show a stark improvement.

Congrats, man. It's pretty exciting to see little hairs popping up on my frontal lobe -- some dark, some blonde, but all hair.

Will be interesting to see what happens with your dome in more time.
    Thanks.

I'll have to make my own thread with my progress, I can't keep posting my pics around, stealing other people's threads

It will be interesting, i'm more shocked than anything though. I'm happy, but shocked at the rate in which I am recovering hair that have been gone for a long time, or at least they appeared to be gone to the naked eye. I don't want to jinx myself but at this rate I think by the end of this year i'll have as much hair as you

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Yeah, still on it. Being the coward that I am, in regards to fearing losing hair + not being affected by any side effects from fin, ever, I haven't dropped it. I don't even think about it anymore. I just take it, it has become part of my life.

I'm poor as hell bro, I buy the cheapest one available, Dutagen.

Today, I saw pics of my hair loss I took in March, I took pics in that same position i'm in those pictures today and wow, the difference is unbelievable. Since I have been only comparing my pics between April and May, I forgot all about my March pictures. Every time I feel down about my hair loss, which is often, I just look back at my March-early April pics and I realize where I came from and what this treatment has done in such a short period of time. It has spoiled me, I need to be more grateful. I'm afraid I won't be until I get the ultimate hairline.
    Yeah I understand. I will never be 100% content without a fully dense NW1, which I probably will never have again in my lifetime unless there are serious breakthroughs in treatments.
    I asked about your brand because I am thinking of upping my dut dose, but am already spending 135-140 per month on brand name Avodart. If I tripled my dose on this brand I would be spending over $400 every month just on hair....no way can I justify that!
    However these generics are so much cheaper, and yours definitely seems to be working. I am thinking of continuing on .5mg Avo (for peace of mind) and then adding .5-1mg of Dutagen

Inactive

Yeah I understand. I will never be 100% content without a fully dense NW1, which I probably will never have again in my lifetime unless there are serious breakthroughs in treatments.
    I asked about your brand because I am thinking of upping my dut dose, but am already spending 135-140 per month on brand name Avodart. If I tripled my dose on this brand I would be spending over $400 every month just on hair....no way can I justify that!
    However these generics are so much cheaper, and yours definitely seems to be working. I am thinking of continuing on .5mg Avo (for peace of mind) and then adding .5-1mg of Dutagen
    Yeah, I'm glad he is seeing results as I was thinking of doing the same thing. I want to consolidate my regimen and add more duta (dutagen since it is cheapest). Can't decide if I should do it orally or topically.

Quote Originally Posted by pensfan View Post
    I don't think I've read a post on these boards where anyone has said they've had success with it? It makes me weary of using it.

I've been on it for 4 months now(1mg). No symptoms but maybe a little bit more thinning. Does anyone have any good experiences with it?
    Click on my user name and you'll see my pics. The pics speak for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfaninfl View Post
    Click on my user name and you'll see my pics. The pics speak for themselves.
    There's no baseline, so it's hard to tell what's happened in those pictures.

Your vellus hairs on fin are better than my vellus hairs on dut

I know you have been thinking of going on dut. All I can say is, if you have regrowth on fin in less than 4 months (correct me if wrong about the timeline), dut might give you some very impressive results.
    However I have heard anecdotes of people switching from fin to dut and seeing huge sheds. This is why I decided to continue fin while going on dut (my original plan was to taper off fin but I have been too chicken)

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    Yeah, I'm glad he is seeing results as I was thinking of doing the same thing. I want to consolidate my regimen and add more duta (dutagen since it is cheapest). Can't decide if I should do it orally or topically.
    What brand do you use now?
    Is there much evidence for topical dut being as effective as oral? Or even effective at all?

Inactive

Your vellus hairs on fin are better than my vellus hairs on dut

I know you have been thinking of going on dut. All I can say is, if you have regrowth on fin in less than 4 months (correct me if wrong about the timeline), dut might give you some very impressive results.
    However I have heard anecdotes of people switching from fin to dut and seeing huge sheds. This is why I decided to continue fin while going on dut (my original plan was to taper off fin but I have been too chicken)

What brand do you use now?
    Is there much evidence for topical dut being as effective as oral? Or even effective at all?
    I use Dr. Reddy's Dutas now. Honestly, there is not a ton of evidence. I have seen some anecdotes reporting fantastic results, however. I can get it a lot more easily than RU so I thought it may be worth a shot. Also, I got the idea from this book: http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...VIEWTMP=Linear

Supposedly the author regrew his juvenile hairline with topical duta (pills punctured and mixed with aloe vera gel).

Some random guy commented "Ok guys, I just read the so called “DoubleA”. At the beginning I was suspicious it could be the final snake-oil crap (I’m a distrustful person) for male hair loss, but due to the fact that Dustasteride was mentioned I was curious. I have to honestly admit that who write the paper knows very well his stuff. First of all the book contains very interesting information and some of them are not available on line. Anyway it concentrates on the difference between peripherical and systemic dht. The idea is simple: is better beating hard where truly needed (scalp) approaching a dht inhibition of 100% with little or no side effects , then expose the entire body to drugs like finasteride or dutasteride which will never be able to inhibit more than 60% scalp dht. Furthermore it put special emphasis on the poor practicality of existing night time therapies (the method in fact requires only a 3 minute exposure to the compress Aloe gel- dutasteride under the shower to be made by your own at home). The author says the method is highly effective in regrowth and against cutaneous disorder associated with baldness, like irritation and itching. It talks about other issues like dermatitis, androgens and wound healing, thickness of the dermis, "T3 ecc. Given that the inhibitory effects of dutasteride on both 5 AR type 1 and 2 and his consequent regrowth ability is well know, I’m not surprised in having heard this.
    In other word, if the half of what I read is true, this is going to be the biggest news since the invention of vibrator"

In any case, I may buy it and see what the author has to say.

There's no baseline, so it's hard to tell what's happened in those pictures.
    Here is a photo of my hair before me hair loss started. As you can see from my photos in my profile of being on fin for a year and two months that my hair looks great, and it doesn't look much different from before my hair loss started. You don't see any difference. People can't tell I lost any hair or was losing any hair. I started fin two weeks after my hair loss started. My hair loss was aggressive because my dad is a NW7. His hair loss started at 35 (Mine started at 36) and within 10 years he was a NW7. I would wake up and there would be 20 hairs on my pillow. I would also be covered in hair after I took a shower, so I would have been bald pretty quickly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	My hair before hair loss started.jpg

Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	21250