+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default I'm not even 15...

Well, this is horrifying.

I realized around 2 weeks ago that my hairline has started receding. It's nothing terrible, but I'm around (maybe a bit less) than a Norwood 2 right now. The top of my head is completely fine, but there is slight recession on my hairline.

I was hoping it was just a maturing hairline, but when I shower there is increased hair fall, and even though my mom's father still has hair (around Norwood 4~5), my dad is completely bald and has been since the age of 26. I asked him and he told me his hairline started receding around 16.

Obviously, I'm too young for propecia/rogaine, and don't want to commit to a hair transplant this early, but have already started sleeping at 9:30, eating as much pumpkin seeds, tofu, and other DHT limiting foods as I can stuff myself with, but I'm wondering if I can do anything else.

Anything. Please, just a stressed out 14 year old (turning 15 in 2 months)

Quote Originally Posted by JustAYoungMan View Post
    Well, this is horrifying.

I realized around 2 weeks ago that my hairline has started receding. It's nothing terrible, but I'm around (maybe a bit less) than a Norwood 2 right now. The top of my head is completely fine, but there is slight recession on my hairline.

I was hoping it was just a maturing hairline, but when I shower there is increased hair fall, and even though my mom's father still has hair (around Norwood 4~5), my dad is completely bald and has been since the age of 26. I asked him and he told me his hairline started receding around 16.

Obviously, I'm too young for propecia/rogaine, and don't want to commit to a hair transplant this early, but have already started sleeping at 9:30, eating as much pumpkin seeds, tofu, and other DHT limiting foods as I can stuff myself with, but I'm wondering if I can do anything else.

Anything. Please, just a stressed out 14 year old (turning 15 in 2 months)
    I started losing my hair at 15/16 too. I used rogaine and its fine to use it at that age. It sucks to lose it young, hang in there and use this forum, it helps.

This is the exact reason bald men should be prohibited from breeding.

I'm sorry, Son, but you have a hard road ahead.

You seem intelligent and mature for your age, so with any luck you'll still have a good life.
    But it may be time to reach for the clippers...

get a short haircut so you don't tease your hair as much and keep your scalp clean. wait till you are 18+ and then see a doctor about finasteride.

I started losing hair at 16/17 too. that was so long ago and it is sad that we still don't have a cure for this devastating disease.

Hey man, just to let you know, you're not only really young person here. I'm 16 and started receding last september (I hadn't even turned 16 yet). Could you post some pictures of your hairline? It could just be a natural change in your hairline. My hairline hasen't changed for 8 months, so I'm thinking that's what might have happened to me. There is hope though. with the advancement of technology in the past couple of years and the coming years the new generation of treatments (histogen, replicel etc) will probably be on the market within 3-4 years

Looks like you could be following in your dads footsteps, maybe even quicker than him.

You can get on rogaine now, I don't see why not. Also, use some keto shampoo once or twice a week, you might be able to maintain until you are 18 and then you can start propecia.

Default It's my hairs

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyhairs View Post
    This is the exact reason bald men should be prohibited from breeding.

I'm sorry, Son, but you have a hard road ahead.

You seem intelligent and mature for your age, so with any luck you'll still have a good life.
    But it may be time to reach for the clippers...
    It's my hairs my dad has a full head of hair and I have mpb,but luckily I caught it early how dare you say bald men can not reproduce you are just depressed.

People tend to blow things out of proportion at times, don't worry too much there are plenty of new treatments in the market soon and within you're lifetime a cure for MPB is very, very possible, within maybe the next ten to twenty years.. Just take preventive measures and go live life.

It many help to think of this as temporary. If you go bald by the time you're 26, at least you know that potent treatments to get your hair back are just a few years away. It's not forever bro.

People are recommending Rogaine (minoxidil).

I would advise against this. Do your research. This is something you'll have to use forever, for life. You'll never be able to stop, technically, as with any other medication.

And post pictures.