+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyhairs View Post
    We're all programmed to procreate and pass on our genetics, some of us can think rationally about it and accept the truth when we hear about our genetic afflictions and how they'll effect the next generation, others get angry when they realize they may one day, not be allowed to pass on their faulty genetics.

For the record I never suggested anyone was "killed or locked down so that they don't get chance to breed".
    These issues need to be tackled primarily with education, especially of women, so they can avoid having children with genetically flawed 'men'.

Of course in an ideal future there wouldn't be any unsanctioned child births anyway, but that's at least 2 - 3 generations away unfortunately.
    Lol, bloody hell! And where do we draw the line? Only blue eyed, blond haired men over 6 foot are allowed to breed? What if they have a slightly receding hairline?

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyhairs View Post
    Of course in an ideal future there wouldn't be any unsanctioned child births anyway, but that's at least 2 - 3 generations away unfortunately.
    The hell?

Anyway, I agree.

You shouldn't breed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    How am I posting garbage? As crude as itsmyhairs is, he isn't telling falsehoods. All I was saying is that he might as well TRY to treat it. No sense in just giving up.
    Yeah, I don't know why he said you were posting garbage. I often disagree with you but in this thread, your posts are spot on...

First of all, itsmyhairs and thelaughingcow, you guys are really not helping. Regardless of whether you believe balding men should be allowed to breed or not, this really is not place the debate that. When you talk about which way the "wind is blowing", that's a ludicrous statement. There's no serious talk about forcing bald people to avoid from reproducing.

As a matter of fact, a lot of people feel that in some cases bald people are better looking than men with hair. I tend to disagree, except in certain cases like the Rock where people look better bald. It's not your opinion that decides whether balding men should stop reproducing.

To be honest, I feel a larger "gen crime", as you say, would be allowing hurtful people like you to reproduce and rub off on your children so they follow in your foot steps. Balding is a tough time for everyone, and really can cause severe depression (I walked in those waters for a few weeks, and its terrible), so it would be great if you could refrain from being a hindrance to this community.

Just to add onto some previous information, my dad's hair went pretty fast but he took absolutely no preventive measures to stop it. My grandfather is now bold, but his hairline started receding in his early 30's, and he stayed in the first 4 norwoods into his early 50's (he also took no preventive measures, and I highly doubt there were any in his time). People say I am an identical copy of my grandpa, and looking at some of his earlier pictures, I must say it is liking look at a mirror, and both of our hair textures and looks are very similar. As I said his recession did start 15 years after mine, but is there any chance that we will follow similar slowed paths? I understand independent assortment, but just wondering.

Also when people say, "start taking preventive measures", what do you mean? Could you please elaborate? Obviously, I'm too young for propeia, and there must be more preventive measures than just rogaine and propecia.Thanks so much guys

Quote Originally Posted by JustAYoungMan View Post
    First of all, itsmyhairs and thelaughingcow, you guys are really not helping. Regardless of whether you believe balding men should be allowed to breed or not, this really is not place the debate that. When you talk about which way the "wind is blowing", that's a ludicrous statement. There's no serious talk about forcing bald people to avoid from reproducing.

As a matter of fact, a lot of people feel that in some cases bald people are better looking than men with hair. I tend to disagree, except in certain cases like the Rock where people look better bald. It's not your opinion that decides whether balding men should stop reproducing.

To be honest, I feel a larger "gen crime", as you say, would be allowing hurtful people like you to reproduce and rub off on your children so they follow in your foot steps. Balding is a tough time for everyone, and really can cause severe depression (I walked in those waters for a few weeks, and its terrible), so it would be great if you could refrain from being a hindrance to this community.

Just to add onto some previous information, my dad's hair went pretty fast but he took absolutely no preventive measures to stop it. My grandfather is now bold, but his hairline started receding in his early 30's, and he stayed in the first 4 norwoods into his early 50's (he also took no preventive measures, and I highly doubt there were any in his time). People say I am an identical copy of my grandpa, and looking at some of his earlier pictures, I must say it is liking look at a mirror, and both of our hair textures and looks are very similar. As I said his recession did start 15 years after mine, but is there any chance that we will follow similar slowed paths? I understand independent assortment, but just wondering.

Also when people say, "start taking preventive measures", what do you mean? Could you please elaborate? Obviously, I'm too young for propeia, and there must be more preventive measures than just rogaine and propecia.Thanks so much guys

Don't worry about the projected insecurity, its just a feeling of resentment or wishing things differently, its sad to see how much people suffer unnecessarily living in a state of trapped consciousness and conditioning, Hitler believed only specific people should breed, I do not think we need another cold grizzly reminder of that type delusional thinking..

Preventive measures is anything to halt hair loss and keep what you have, Fin, Rogaine, and Keto mainly... You are too young for Fin and by the time you are of age there will probably be far better treatments out on the market.. For now I would suggest picking up some Regenepure shampoo and just use a multi vitamin.. I don't think you are going to graduate high school at a NW III or anything like that. Don't worry about hair falling out again its normal to lose a decent amount through various reasons and not really a good indication of anything, the best is to just take pics of the crown and hairline every 3 months or so with a reference point.. Other then that do not even think about it, there is only so much you can do right now and there is nothing to worry about.. Definitely do not fall into the trap of becoming obsessive and compulsive about hair loss and risk you're emotional health. You will definitely be more then perfectly fine there are plenty of options.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    People are recommending Rogaine (minoxidil).

I would advise against this. Do your research. This is something you'll have to use forever, for life. You'll never be able to stop, technically, as with any other medication.

And post pictures.
    Why would you possibly advise against this??

Clearly, hair loss is an issue for him, he should do something about it, especially since minox is relatively harmless and young responders tend to benefit most from it.

Since ALL medications are for life at present, what does that have to do with anything? Come on man, try to help the kid out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    How am I posting garbage? As crude as itsmyhairs is, he isn't telling falsehoods. All I was saying is that he might as well TRY to treat it. No sense in just giving up.
    It's not a falsehood to say that bald men shouldn't breed? Really?

Thanks so much guys, looking to get on rogaine as soon as possible. I want to start right now, but my dad says I have to wait until our dermatologist appointment.

Really, to be honest, I'm not even sure of I'm balding. My hair line has significantly receded, but my widow's peak has always been extremely close to my eyes. I've always had long hair (extremely) so I can't tell if there's been significant extra regression. Might just me a maturing hairline. Anyway , will find out soon.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    It's not a falsehood to say that bald men shouldn't breed? Really?
    I'm not sure where I stand on this issue yet. However, if you seek to find a partner OR you are in pursuit of aesthetics, it is imperative that you mask your defective genes to the best of your ability.

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

You'll be fine dude. I noticed some receding in my hairline when I was 18 and didn't do anything about it until 22ish. My hairline didn't change much except the corners are receded but its not noticeable.

I took propecia for a year after. Then recently started minox. Honestly, its really up to you whether you want to get on medication or not. If you're on meds, chances are it can stop your hairloss and maybe even regrow. That's what it did for me.

And to the people who say you're gonna have to do it for the rest of your life... it's really not that bad. Once you get into routine, it'll just be another thing on the list, no big deal... because that's what your life will become anyways. I think they are just lazy ****s who sit on a couch all day. Honestly, pop a pill? less than 5 secs... I ****ing pop my pill and drink it down with my orange juice or some shit or even pop. And minox? Lol, you bitches spend hours looking at your hairline in the mirror but can't take the 2 minutes to apply a liquid to your head? ****ING PATHETIC EXCUSES.

And to say no to reproduce? You have no right. If reproduction is something someone wants to do, they can do whatever the **** they want. But me? Bachelor for life!!! Woooo! Life's too good to have just one women.