+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    People are recommending Rogaine (minoxidil).

I would advise against this. Do your research. This is something you'll have to use forever, for life. You'll never be able to stop, technically, as with any other medication.

And post pictures.
    This is a price worth paying. It is far better to do something, anything than to sit back and watch your hair turn to shit by age 18.

OP, you should get on rogaine and PRAY to Jesus, Muhammad, Zyzz, and all of the others that you can hold steady until 18 when you should probably hop on finasteride ASAP. Hell, you might even have to jump to duta straight away since your hair loss is so aggressive. Please research these and their side effects before you ever take them, of course. The world is a cruel and dark place. You don't deserve this; you are a beautiful soul.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyhairs View Post
    This is the exact reason bald men should be prohibited from breeding.

I'm sorry, Son, but you have a hard road ahead.

You seem intelligent and mature for your age, so with any luck you'll still have a good life.
    But it may be time to reach for the clippers...
    wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    This is a price worth paying. It is far better to do something, anything than to sit back and watch your hair turn to shit by age 18.

OP, you should get on rogaine and PRAY to Jesus, Muhammad, Zyzz, and all of the others that you can hold steady until 18 when you should probably hop on finasteride ASAP. Hell, you might even have to jump to duta straight away since your hair loss is so aggressive. Please research these and their side effects before you ever take them, of course. The world is a cruel and dark place. You don't deserve this; you are a beautiful soul.
    Hey Brah,

Keep in mind he's only 16. No one has seen a picture yet to assess his situation.

My girlfriend's brother has a hairline that appears receded, but it's been holding there for 5 years.

Default Thanks Guys :)

Thanks for the help guys, just a little bit more info.

First of all, saying bald guys should be prohibited from reproducing is going too far. Going bald sucks, but I still love my life and all its worth. By your logic, obese people, mentally-retarded people, and various other un-perfect individuals should also refrain from reproducing, which is a ridiculous thing to say.

I've heard a lot about rogaine and propecia, and I really want to try to stay away from drugs as long as possible. I plan on getting on saw palmetto and perhaps nizoral/ some other MPB helping shampoo soon. Also, I've added a bottle of green tea to my everyday meal as well, along with, as I said earlier, soy milk, tofu, and pumpkin seeds everyday.

My supportive parents have already assured that I can have a hair transplant any time I want, and are already spending every day and night looking for ways to help my condition.

Before I get into some more advanced treatment, I'm getting my head looked at for miniaturization and have an appointment in 3 weeks with the most well-reputed dermatologist in my city. Will post what he recommends later.

Also, to all the people who said they started losing hair around my age as well, what is your current situation and age? Thanks so much, greatly appreciated.

Finally, just wanted to explain how much hair I'm losing. I lose 15~30 strands in the shower everyday. I lose up to 40 on days I put pumpkin oil, but my dad says its normal to lose more hair on oiled days, and its part of the process that oil hair restoration provides.There are occasionnal strands of hair on my shirts, and a large amount on the floor of my bathroom and room (but this was the case even before my hairline started receding). For some fortunate reason, there's never any hair on my pillow/bed.

Thanks so much guys, any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAYoungMan View Post
    Thanks for the help guys, just a little bit more info.

First of all, saying bald guys should be prohibited from reproducing is going too far. Going bald sucks, but I still love my life and all its worth. By your logic, obese people, mentally-retarded people, and various other un-perfect individuals should also refrain from reproducing, which is a ridiculous thing to say.

I've heard a lot about rogaine and propecia, and I really want to try to stay away from drugs as long as possible. I plan on getting on saw palmetto and perhaps nizoral/ some other MPB helping shampoo soon. Also, I've added a bottle of green tea to my everyday meal as well, along with, as I said earlier, soy milk, tofu, and pumpkin seeds everyday.

My supportive parents have already assured that I can have a hair transplant any time I want, and are already spending every day and night looking for ways to help my condition.

Before I get into some more advanced treatment, I'm getting my head looked at for miniaturization and have an appointment in 3 weeks with the most well-reputed dermatologist in my city. Will post what he recommends later.

Also, to all the people who said they started losing hair around my age as well, what is your current situation and age? Thanks so much, greatly appreciated.

Finally, just wanted to explain how much hair I'm losing. I lose 15~30 strands in the shower everyday. I lose up to 40 on days I put pumpkin oil, but my dad says its normal to lose more hair on oiled days, and its part of the process that oil hair restoration provides.There are occasionnal strands of hair on my shirts, and a large amount on the floor of my bathroom and room (but this was the case even before my hairline started receding). For some fortunate reason, there's never any hair on my pillow/bed.

Thanks so much guys, any help would be appreciated.
    You sound like a really together kid. It's great to read that you see right through some of the garbage that Aames and itmyhairs posted on your thread.

It sounds like you have a great support system, and with your attitude you're going to be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    You sound like a really together kid. It's great to read that you see right through some of the garbage that Aames and itmyhairs posted on your thread.

It sounds like you have a great support system, and with your attitude you're going to be just fine.
    Thanks PayDay, the compliment means a lot to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAYoungMan View Post
    Thanks PayDay, the compliment means a lot to me.
    It's normal to lose up to 100 hairs a day at times keep that in mind... Tracking fallen hairs is no real indication, just look for hair line recession and thinning on the crown... Like you already said nothing to fret over... Just take preventive measures If you want to keep it that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyhairs View Post
    This is the exact reason bald men should be prohibited from breeding.

I'm sorry, Son, but you have a hard road ahead.
    why don't you die already?? I say, people like you should be prohibited from living. You sir are a danger to this forum, and to general public. That is just the most horrible reply you can give to a person. All the guys here are experiencing some stage of baldness. So , what? They should b killed or locked down so that they don't get chance to breed ? I wish i could meet you now so that i punch you so hard in your face that you'd require a plastic face surgery with your hair transplant. F**k off and don't come back here.

To the kid who post this, don't worry pal. You still have a lot of time. Stay healthy , and adopt a healthier lifestyle. I started receding at a young age too. But somehow i'v accepted this. There are people in this world who are living without arms, legs , eyes , etc. We are just losing hair. We still have a lot of other things to cherish. You are very young, enjoy your life. Stop worrying. Just start living a healthier and cheerful life

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post

How am I posting garbage? As crude as itsmyhairs is, he isn't telling falsehoods. All I was saying is that he might as well TRY to treat it. No sense in just giving up.

Yeah, I'd say the first thing is, don't panic (you don't seem to be, which is great, you're much more mature than I was at your age). There are options for you now, and those options are going to improve and improve. Time is on your side.

For example, by the time you need one (if you ever do), HTs probably won't be HTs as they are now - the technology is improving all the time, hair cloning etc etc.

And to echo what another poster said - sometimes hair just changes. My dad has had a 'high forehead' and slightly thin crown for as long as I can remember (we're talking 20 odd years).