In theory would I be able to use my twin as a donor?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jaxx
    • May 2013

In theory would I be able to use my twin as a donor?

Not going to do it, but I just wondered when I read on a site that you can't use donor hair... She definately has hair to spare, but I have never even researched the genetics of twins, just came into my head whilst reading.
  • Morbo
    • Jan 2012

Would be cool. I myself am 1/3 of a mixed triplet, the other 2/3 being my two sisters with super-thick hair.

Comment

• Jotronic
      • Nov 2008

As far as I know identical twins can use each other's donor hair, non-identical twins cannot.
      www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Comment

• baldozer
        • Oct 2012

Only identical twins can.

Comment

• john2399
          • Jan 2012

Too bad we cant clone ourselves and take all of the clones donor hair. I would feel bad for the clone tho.

Comment

• UK_
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by john2399
            Too bad we cant clone ourselves and take all of the clones donor hair. I would feel bad for the clone tho.
            I can see a few ethical issues being raised here.

Comment

• itsmyhairs
              • Dec 2012

Hahahaha!

"Hey, Sis, would you mind shaving your head and having a strip of hair cut out from the back of your scalp then cut up and placed into my head?"

"Yes, it'll leave a scar and yes, you'll be bald and scarred for at least 3 months, but it won't hurt!...much."

Can see that one going down really well.

Comment

• Jaxx
                • May 2013

Originally posted by itsmyhairs
                Hahahaha!

"Hey, Sis, would you mind shaving your head and having a strip of hair cut out from the back of your scalp then cut up and placed into my head?"

"Yes, it'll leave a scar and yes, you'll be bald and scarred for at least 3 months, but it won't hurt!...much."

Can see that one going down really well.
                She hit me with a rock when I was younger so I have a scar on back of my head from that, she owes me.

Comment

Working...