+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by drnigams View Post
    Hellouser,

You will have to help me for documenting and follow up of TOM'S ,like mapping etc.

In a session of one week with a break of one day..provided local anesthetic is tolerable to the patient and he has no major medical issue..we can do
    4000 to 5000 graft invitro doubling..if the patient wants to confirm with a patch test of 50/100 grafts first..he can do that before going in for larger graft session..
    I don't mind documenting anything, I've contributed to the forum so much already especially with my RU Guide and documentation of RU and Minox. You can be sure I'd keep everyone up to date. However, I just want my temples and hairline fixed with a little more density up top.

To be honest, I think 5,000 and even 4,000 way more than what I need, I only need about 1,800 to fill in the temples and lower the hairline by about 1cm at 35 grafts/cm2 with Dr. Gho;

Hairline is about 27cm long (max length); 27 * 35 = 945. Thus leaving about 900 more grafts free to use to fill the temples, which is more than enough. I think 3,000 grafts would be sufficient to fill whatever I need and thicken up the remainder of the scalp with 1,200 extra grafts. If that we're to happen, I'd essentially be cured (I don't want to go down to NW0 either, more like NW1 or NW1.5 as it suits me better than a perfectly straight hairline)

I'll be seriously contemplating my options along with costs as this isn't a regular expense like groceries.

27cm long hairline, you have a big head?...mine is about 17-18cm

Dr. Nigam is looking more and more attractive to me. I need hairline work as well, but I am diffuse thinning in a NW7 type pattern so 4000-5000 grafts would be a game changer for me....an essential cure, as that would easily bring me to a NW1.

After this Histogen news, I think it's time to look at surgical options...I will be following you Dr. Nigam very closley.

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    27cm long hairline, you have a big head?...mine is about 17-18cm
    Its a 'worst case scenario' as I'm counting just around ear level; the very bottom on the sides where recession has started. Of course I don't think I'd get the full 27cm done, but it's just to be on the safe side. So realistically, 3,000 grafts is more or less a complete cure for me while 1,800 grafts is a MAJOR game changer... in either case my life would drastically improve... I'd know what it feels like to be happy again.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Its a 'worst case scenario' as I'm counting just around ear level; the very bottom on the sides where recession has started. Of course I don't think I'd get the full 27cm done, but it's just to be on the safe side. So realistically, 3,000 grafts is more or less a complete cure for me while 1,800 grafts is a MAJOR game changer... in either case my life would drastically improve... I'd know what it feels like to be happy again.
    I feel your pain Hellouser. I'm to the point where I am getting tired of dumping chemicals on my head with little to no results, while hoping for new treatments to be around the corner.

NOT happening. I will be considering a HT within the year. It's just a matter of choosing the right doctor with MINIMAL scarring. I see so many old-school transplant victims in my city with battle wounds of shame on their head. I'll go bald before I risk scarring and having a big mark of shame on my head..informing the world of my insecurities and disaster of a decision. It's the only thing holding me back.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    I feel your pain Hellouser. I'm to the point where I am getting tired of dumping chemicals on my head with little to no results, while hoping for new treatments to be around the corner.

NOT happening. I will be considering a HT within the year. It's just a matter of choosing the right doctor with MINIMAL scarring. I see so many old-school transplant victims in my city with battle wounds of shame on their head. I'll go bald before I risk scarring and having a big mark of shame on my head..informing the world of my insecurities and disaster of a decision. It's the only thing holding me back.
    I think our best bests are Rahal, Hassan & Wong, Gho, Nigam and that french guy for scarless.

I think I may have plateaued with hair loss though, I'm exhibiting the same pattern of hairloss as my grandfather; turned into an NW3 over a span of 10 years until he was 30 years old and stayed that way until he died at 77 years of age. I'm 29 and an NW3 with good density up top and its taken me about 10 years to get to NW3. It hasn't got that much worse in the last 3-4 years either.

You should keep an eye out for BNP, lets hope the guys that are trialing it will get results. *fingers crossed*

They put a man on the moon.. they created the internet.. they created the iphones and droides, siri and google maps... finding your exact location etc.. and they can't put a few hairs on my head.. F*ck my life.

Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    They put a man on the moon.. they created the internet.. they created the iphones and droides, siri and google maps... finding your exact location etc.. and they can't put a few hairs on my head.. F*ck my life.
    The cloned animals, smashed atoms at light speed, created processors with millions of transistors on a chip, etc.

The reality is much worse than you think.

Its bullshit.