Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zdude
    • Jul 2016

Hi Desmond!

Fellow Australian. Just a quick question: did you have to get a prescription for Propecia / Finastride?

Comment

• Quest
      • Dec 2015

hey des- when you get a chance i'd like to know your thoughts on making a hybrid topical with black cumin seed, like you rec'd, pumpkin seed oil and perhaps some other supplements thrown in. i know this is your specialty so your input would be much appreciated, always eager to hear from you, thanks.

Comment

• GSD
        • Apr 2015

Hey guys. i made a break from the forum. but Desmond inspired me to try a low dose of fin 0.25mg EoD since
        late august 2015 (i was scared and made almost two years research about sides etc) i will post pictures in the next days.
        before i was on nizoral and minox(only in the temples once daily) started november 2014.

NO sides! ( why i can say this? because some member scared the shit out of me and i observed my whole body over a year long before fin . you will be surprised how many differences you will spot daily. every time you notice a difference i would say FIN is the reason.... if i observed my body not enough before... make a record about if you dont trust...
        i was very depressed with my hairloss and i dont worry more and live!

i made it from a Norwood 3 to a 2-2.5 and my whole hair is thicker... i start to notice a small amount of regrowt

i loose only about 5 hairs daily

Comment

• GSD
          • Apr 2015

delete pls. double post

Comment

• kaizersoze
            • Dec 2016

Bloody hell! Incredible results. Really encouraging thread, so thank-you.

Quick question: I have been using fin for about I think four months now. Stabilised my hair etc. I think I'm at about a Norwood 3. I have been taking a 1mg per day dose. Would it be risky for me now to reduce it to your recommended twice a week 0.25mg? Should I reduce my dose slowly starting with EOD and so on?

Comment

• GSD
              • Apr 2015

twice a week also work for desmond. but EoD is a little bigger dose and not easy to forget routine..
              thats your decision. i started so and i will not change my routine because i have great results with no sides... I never tried the full dose 1mg, but in my opinion why i would risk and take more of a drug when the small dose also work... with lower chance of sides...
              start slowly reduceing your dose and look if this dose work for you
              good luck!

Comment

• marklin
                • Jan 2017

For the topical Finasteride, why not just add Finasteride into Minoxidil solution to use?

Comment

• mpb47
                  • Apr 2012

back on super mico dosing again.

I tried my own version of this years ago thanks to Desmond. It really worked but 3 years ago I went off of it when I got a new girlfriend.

~9 months later crown came back and eventually got really bad so back in summer I decided I needed to get back on it or give up trying to fight it.

So on July 5 I took my first dose. 1mg split 4 ways. 1 quarter every 2 weeks.

I waited till November and honestly couldn't tell if it was working or not. I thought about waiting longer but went ahead and upped it to once a week

This amount seems to be working good enough that the balding has stopped.
                  No more hair found in the bathroom like before. To early so say I have regrowth but I feel soft hair on crown and last time that was a sign.

Maybe this super low dose will help someone else...

Comment

• Yolo456
                    • May 2017

Hi mpb47,

Are you currently taking 0.25mg per week?

I was on 0.5mg/day and got sides after 8 days, I actually got dry eyes and mouth and decided to stop (also had ball ache but nothing major). I was actually quite upset that I had I stop due to the dry eyes and mouth. My libido actually went down after I stopped, not sure if it was 100% Fin related as a lot of things were happening in my life at the time.

Thinking of giving it another try and micro dosing to see if I can ease my body into it. I think 0.5mg was just the same as taking 1mg which I could not tolerate. All the sides went away in about 11 days after stopping fin.

I personally think having 1mg everyday is way too much as a single does already binds and kills off your 5ar enzymes to a large degree, and the combination of consistent high dosage and slow regeneration of 5ar enzymes is not a good combination as I believe it fin also binds to other 5ar types i.e type 1 and 3, but just to a very small extent compared to type 2.

Comment

• Yolo456
                      • May 2017

Thinking about micro dosing

Hi mpb47,

I was on 0.5mg/day and got sides after 8 days, I actually got dry eyes and mouth and decided to stop (also had ball ache but nothing major). I was actually quite upset that I had I stop due to the dry eyes and mouth. My libido actually went down after I stopped, not sure if it was 100% Fin related as a lot of things were happening in my life at the time.

Thinking of giving it another try and micro dosing to see if I can ease my body into it. I think 0.5mg was just the same as taking 1mg which I could not tolerate. All the sides went away in about 11 days after stopping fin.

I personally think having 1mg everyday is way too much as a single does already binds and kills off your 5ar enzymes to a large degree, and the combination of consistent high dosage and slow regeneration of 5ar enzymes is not a good combination as I believe it fin also binds to other 5ar types i.e type 1 and 3, but just to a very small extent compared to type 2.

Comment

• mpb47
                        • Apr 2012

Yes I am taking .25 per week. I started around July 5th last year at .25 every 2 weeks but around Nov went to every week. If I have issues , I will drop down to 2x a week again or less, BUT not complety stop.

So you may want to start at a very low dose and then work you way up , but I can say, at least for me, that .25 a week does work - as it stops the mpb and gives me mild regrowth-

Good luck!

Originally posted by Yolo456
                        Hi mpb47,

Comment

• Yolo456
                          • May 2017

Originally posted by mpb47
                          Yes I am taking .25 per week. I started around July 5th last year at .25 every 2 weeks but around Nov went to every week. If I have issues , I will drop down to 2x a week again or less, BUT not complety stop.

So you may want to start at a very low dose and then work you way up , but I can say, at least for me, that .25 a week does work - as it stops the mpb and gives me mild regrowth-

Good luck!
                          Thanks for this. Really appreciate it, really helpful. If you don't mind, what sides did you experience and at what dose? (sorry I know I could have searched through the forum to find this info out ). Also, going back down to 0.25 every 2 weeks did that help with alleviating the sides?

I'm just trying to stabilise my hairloss rather than looking for regrowth to be honest , and mine is temporal loss rather than crown.

Thanks for your insight again.

Comment

• Sam01
                            • Oct 2017

Hello everyone,
                            Since Desmond doesn’t check in much to this forum now, i was very keen to know anyone whose using 0.25 twice a week having side effects(if any) and what results they’re getting. Desmond didn’t mention anything about ED in terms of side effects,
                            Actually I gave a try to 0.25mg every three days after reading about desmond’s finasteride story after I got side effects by 1mg daily(took about a month or so).
                            Unfortunately it’s been roughly 24 days or so and I’m experiencing ED now. I had that shooting pain in penis (upper left area of penis mostly, sometimes upper right area, i guess its corpus cavernosum where the pain was if I’m not wrong). I started with 0.5mg every three days but as soon as i started it i felt that pain and switched to 0.25 mg every three days. However the pain was less but continued(it happened for like 3-4 seconds and then go away)and three or four days ago I had confirmations of ED.
                            Now I’m thinking of skipping one more day i.e 0.25mg every Saturday and Tuesday. Can anyone guide me who had the same experience? Desmond please if you check in to this forum anymore ? Should i go with the same routine for maybe a month?
                            Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

Comment

• Sam01
                              • Oct 2017

Help needed with micro-dosing

Hello everyone,
                              Since Desmond doesn’t check in much to this forum now, i was very keen to know anyone whose using 0.25 twice a week having side effects(if any) and what results they’re getting. Desmond didn’t mention anything about ED in terms of side effects,
                              Actually I gave a try to 0.25mg every three days after reading about desmond’s finasteride story after I got side effects by 1mg daily(took about a month or so).
                              Unfortunately it’s been roughly 24 days or so and I’m experiencing ED now. I had that shooting pain in penis (upper left area of penis mostly, sometimes upper right area, i guess its corpus cavernosum where the pain was if I’m not wrong). I started with 0.5mg every three days but as soon as i started it i felt that pain and switched to 0.25 mg every three days. However the pain was less but continued(it happened for like 3-4 seconds and then go away)and three or four days ago I had confirmations of ED.
                              Now I’m thinking of skipping one more day i.e 0.25mg every Saturday and Tuesday. Can anyone guide me who had the same experience? Desmond please if you check in to this forum anymore ? Should i go with the same routine for maybe a month?

Comment

• Desmond84
                                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Sam01
                                Hello everyone,
                                Hi. Sorry for the long hiatus. Definitely give it a go for a while if you can. I find it is really important to keep fit while taking Fin to reduce the risk of ED. Do cardio exercises at least 4-5 days per week. Stay in shape. Don't gain weight. Get on the treadmill for 1 hour brisk walking etc until you start sweating and you should most likely get through any sign of ED.

Cheers brother.

Comment

Working...