My Finasteride Story so far...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheSwingingGate
    • May 2013

BudskiiHD, thanks for the follow up. Hope it passes. Going to take the next .25mg in a day or 2.

Comment

• redy
      • Jun 2013

hey all,
      been on fin .25mg every other day for 1 week, then .25mg ever day for 1 week. Will continue on .25mg every day for 2 more weeks or so then up it probably to .5 progressively..

No sides that I can tell other than when I'm playing mind games with myself.
      Also started rogaine at the same time (temple thinning and recession).
      I'm 21.

Will post updates.

Comment

• Dan26
        • Jul 2012

Hey Desmond I had a question man!

I've been using 0.05mg-0.1mg of fin per day for about 2.5 weeks. No changes whatsoever thus far. But I got my DHT results back from before I started fin and they were very high! (118ng/dL). Do you think it is wise to up my dose a bit, or stick with that im at. I'm thinking of 0.2mg/day because there is atleast a dose ranging study with that dosage that shows DHT reduction in the 60%'s range and increase hair count (but not quite as much as from 1mg).

Comment

• mpb47
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by mpb47
          2nd dose today. So far so good....
          Week 3 just took 3rd dose. So far so good. Another week or so and I will increase to 2x a week and see how that goes.

The last time I was on propecia it took about 4 months for hairline regrowth, 9 months for crown, so not expecting anything anytime soon, esp on this low of a dose.

Comment

• BigThinker
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Dan26
            Hey Desmond I had a question man!

I've been using 0.05mg-0.1mg of fin per day for about 2.5 weeks. No changes whatsoever thus far. But I got my DHT results back from before I started fin and they were very high! (118ng/dL). Do you think it is wise to up my dose a bit, or stick with that im at. I'm thinking of 0.2mg/day because there is atleast a dose ranging study with that dosage that shows DHT reduction in the 60%'s range and increase hair count (but not quite as much as from 1mg).
            How aggressive is your hair loss? Mine is/was super aggressive and bombarding my body with 1.25mg an 0.5dut doesn't seem to be doing much. If I was on your sort of dose I'd probably be NW7 slick.

Comment

• Dan26
              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by BigThinker
              How aggressive is your hair loss? Mine is/was super aggressive and bombarding my body with 1.25mg an 0.5dut doesn't seem to be doing much. If I was on your sort of dose I'd probably be NW7 slick.
              Mine is pretty aggressive bro, similar to yours. Did you get your DHT levels tested before fin???

Maybe your DHT was already normal or low and thats why fin/dut hasn't helped thus far. You follicles could just be really sensitive to DHT. Or it could be really high and you need something like dut, but give it time. Everyone is different its hard to know, which is why getting baselines is smart.

Comment

• mpb47
                • Apr 2012

Week 3 just took 3rd dose. So far so good. Another week or so and I will increase to 2x a week and see how that goes.

The last time I was on propecia it took about 4 months for hairline regrowth, 9 months for crown, so not expecting anything anytime soon, esp on this low of a dose.
                ? for those of us who are gradually getting back on propecia while avoiding sides.

Those of you that have already been through this may have better answers.

Next week it will be a month for me. Think I will better off by increasing the Frequency of the dose (.25) ...ie 2x a week or staying at once a week but increasing the amount? Anyone done this and what do you suggest. Just happy I have had no problems at this point so far.

Thanks.

Comment

• Dan26
                  • Jul 2012

? for those of us who are gradually getting back on propecia while avoiding sides.

Those of you that have already been through this may have better answers.

Next week it will be a month for me. Think I will better off by increasing the Frequency of the dose (.25) ...ie 2x a week or staying at once a week but increasing the amount? Anyone done this and what do you suggest. Just happy I have had no problems at this point so far.

Thanks.
                  I havn't been through that, but as far as efficacy goes, I suggest taking it 2x a week. Once a week gives a chance for DHT to slowly decrease and fluctuating levels is no good for hair or body for that matter.

Comment

• mpb47
                    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Dan26
                    I havn't been through that, but as far as efficacy goes, I suggest taking it 2x a week. Once a week gives a chance for DHT to slowly decrease and fluctuating levels is no good for hair or body for that matter.
                    I know someone here had a plan on how to gradually get on it (spex?).

If I still have no problems on Sat I will give 2x a week a try and see what happens. 10 years ago when my mpb reallly kicked in I was on 1.25 a day. But now it it has slowed way down so may not need as much. Time will tell I guess.

Comment

• Californication
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by BudskiiHD
                      I had fluttery feeling( barely noticeable) in pelvic area at the start and then went away on like 2nd or 3rd day. That feeling is probably because prostate getting smaller. I do think younger ages should get less side effects because when they are younger, the DHT levels are much higher. Finasteride reduces DHT by about 70%, when younger I assume even lowering DHT by 70% should still leave quite a bit of DHT which is enough to keep other stuff functioning as normal e.g. erections.

Spencer has noticed the opposite, so have I in my time on forums and such. Older people tend to get less side effects imo.

Comment

• locke999
                        • Jul 2013

Hey guys, I just got back from the doctor and he got me to do some blood tests and I am still waiting for results to see if my hair lost is anything unrelated to MPB. I doubt it though but he was leaning more towards telling me I should just accept the hair loss. He was bald too and hesitantly recommended rogaine but it was like he was trying to avoid talking about propecia, probably didn't want me to go on it. I was really hoping he would just prescribe me propecia but I don't think he is going to.

Do you guys think I should just jump the gun and use the finpecia that I have already ordered from the online pharmacy?

I was really hoping he would just prescribe me propecia but I don't think he is going to.

Comment

• BigThinker
                          • Oct 2012

Tell him to give you one good reason. If he doesn't, tell him you're just going to order it online and self-medicate.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by locke999
                            Hey guys, I just got back from the doctor and he got me to do some blood tests and I am still waiting for results to see if my hair lost is anything unrelated to MPB. I doubt it though but he was leaning more towards telling me I should just accept the hair loss. He was bald too and hesitantly recommended rogaine but it was like he was trying to avoid talking about propecia, probably didn't want me to go on it. I was really hoping he would just prescribe me propecia but I don't think he is going to.

Do you guys think I should just jump the gun and use the finpecia that I have already ordered from the online pharmacy?

I was really hoping he would just prescribe me propecia but I don't think he is going to.
                            Forget him, he failed his own hair and now has no stake in seeing others fight the good fight

You got what you needed from him (blood tests). Just go to a different doc for the fin rx.

Comment

• mpb47
                              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by locke999

I went through the same thing myself about 10 years ago. Honestly I was embarrassed to even mention it and then only to be told by her that there was nothing wrong with my hair. I would try to do it the right way but if they won't help you then you have to decide for yourself what to do. I did have good luck with inhouse and as far as I know , they are still good to deal with.

I just went back on propecia and debating about telling my current dr about it. She is far more responsive than my old dr about helping me. Just plain embarrassing for me to mention it as silly as that sounds...

Comment

• ccmethinning
                                • Jan 2012

Update 2 and a half weeks in. Thinking about moving to .25 EOD rather than just 2x a week, as I have been noticing that the day of and day after I take the dose, my scalp is white as snow with no itch, however on the 3rd and 4th day my scalp is redder, itchier, and oilier. Basically since I was 14 my scalp has been in a persistent mildly irritated state, constantly pink and irritated, with mild-moderate dandruff. I can barely feel my scalp right after I take propecia and it is such a great feeling. Hopefully taking EOD can help stop the DHT rebound.

My libido is still elevated. Also, my erections are less frequent now, but when I do get them, they are stronger. Also, my ejaculate is definitley much less than before I started. Probably about 50% in volume. Sensitivity is still less as well.

Comment

Working...