+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Hey guys, I just got back from the doctor and he got me to do some blood tests and I am still waiting for results to see if my hair lost is anything unrelated to MPB. I doubt it though but he was leaning more towards telling me I should just accept the hair loss. He was bald too and hesitantly recommended rogaine but it was like he was trying to avoid talking about propecia, probably didn't want me to go on it. I was really hoping he would just prescribe me propecia but I don't think he is going to.

Do you guys think I should just jump the gun and use the finpecia that I have already ordered from the online pharmacy?

I was really hoping he would just prescribe me propecia but I don't think he is going to.

Tell him to give you one good reason. If he doesn't, tell him you're just going to order it online and self-medicate.

Quote Originally Posted by locke999 View Post
    Hey guys, I just got back from the doctor and he got me to do some blood tests and I am still waiting for results to see if my hair lost is anything unrelated to MPB. I doubt it though but he was leaning more towards telling me I should just accept the hair loss. He was bald too and hesitantly recommended rogaine but it was like he was trying to avoid talking about propecia, probably didn't want me to go on it. I was really hoping he would just prescribe me propecia but I don't think he is going to.

Do you guys think I should just jump the gun and use the finpecia that I have already ordered from the online pharmacy?

I was really hoping he would just prescribe me propecia but I don't think he is going to.
    Forget him, he failed his own hair and now has no stake in seeing others fight the good fight

You got what you needed from him (blood tests). Just go to a different doc for the fin rx.

Quote Originally Posted by locke999 View Post

I went through the same thing myself about 10 years ago. Honestly I was embarrassed to even mention it and then only to be told by her that there was nothing wrong with my hair. I would try to do it the right way but if they won't help you then you have to decide for yourself what to do. I did have good luck with inhouse and as far as I know , they are still good to deal with.

I just went back on propecia and debating about telling my current dr about it. She is far more responsive than my old dr about helping me. Just plain embarrassing for me to mention it as silly as that sounds...

Update 2 and a half weeks in. Thinking about moving to .25 EOD rather than just 2x a week, as I have been noticing that the day of and day after I take the dose, my scalp is white as snow with no itch, however on the 3rd and 4th day my scalp is redder, itchier, and oilier. Basically since I was 14 my scalp has been in a persistent mildly irritated state, constantly pink and irritated, with mild-moderate dandruff. I can barely feel my scalp right after I take propecia and it is such a great feeling. Hopefully taking EOD can help stop the DHT rebound.

My libido is still elevated. Also, my erections are less frequent now, but when I do get them, they are stronger. Also, my ejaculate is definitley much less than before I started. Probably about 50% in volume. Sensitivity is still less as well.

Update: 1 month today that I started back on propecia. I wanted to take it safe and slow so I was at only .25 once a week.

So far everything just fine so now going to 2x a week at .25

How is everyone else doing?

Great to hear everyone is doing OK with micro-dosing

My libido is still @ about 90%, which I couldn't complain about. Has anyone started shedding yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Great to hear everyone is doing OK with micro-dosing

My libido is still @ about 90%, which I couldn't complain about. Has anyone started shedding yet?
    Nope no shed yet.

My almost 3 week update. Sensitivity is back to almost original. Libido has leveled out and is almost back down to original. Ejaculate fluid is almost back to up to normal levels.

My scalp is "at peace" for the first time since I was 14 years old (I'm 21 now). It was in a perpetual state of mild inflammation before fin. Redness is down significantly. Dandruff persists though. My scalp is soft and malleable now too. I can "squish" the skin on my scalp together in ways that were not possible before fin.

I'm NW2 and now I'm just awaiting the dreaded shed. I'm just hoping it's not catastrophic.

It's funny that a few people on here mentioned that their doctors didn't want to help them treat their hair loss. I had the same experience. I was in my mid 20's at the time he was in his 50's. He told me that balding is a normal part of aging. He told me to look at him even he was losing hair. Eff that piece of garbage. If I would have gotten the help I needed then, who know's where I would be today.