+ Reply to Thread

Default Please help. New treatments?

Hello all. Just ran across Mr Kobren's show on youtube. I have been losing my hair since 18. Im 24 now and it is bad. Really bad. I don't have a social life because of it, and I just kind of struggle through life. People tell me to man up and stop crying about your hair loss. They do not understand. I do not have enough money for a hair transplant. I do not even have enough money for a computer as I am writing this on my friend's computer. On the broadcast I heard a guy call in about some topical propecia and bimatropost as new treatments. I tried propecia internally, but it gave me bad testicle pain and brain fog. I think it reduced my libido also. Question is will this new topical have sides also. Also will bimatropost be produced by doctors looking to make money or help people? Thanks anyone in advance for the help. Take care everyone.3

Hello

Propecia gives you side effects.

Bimotrapost is currently not an option; too expensive and efficacy can't be overtly proved.

Topical fin, not sure if it's on market yet w. the film that lessens incidence of sides..

I would recommend RU for you. Do the appropriate research, look in the Cutting Edge section of this forum. Specifically, hellouser's log and the Complete RU usage guide. It's an anti-androgen topical.

I would also consider minoxidil as a growth stim, if you're into it.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Deuce, the correct response should have actually been
    - Propecia MIGHT give you side effects.
    It is not an absolute as 'Clandestine' response suggested.

"Finasteride (brand names Proscar and Propecia by Merck, among other generic names) is a synthetic drug for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and male pattern baldness (MPB). It is a type II 5α-reductase inhibitor...

"Side effects were seen in only 5.9% of patients..."

Of course Deuce you NEED to do your own RESEARCH and also talk to your doctor.
    Review Spencer Kobren's hair . He has been taking Fin'(propecia) since his 20s.
    He is in his late 40s now..he states emphatically that he has suffered NO side effects at all and that he HAS recovered much of his hair that was lost -OBVIOUSLY.

Im in my mid 50s and now i am CONSIDERING the drug. Not only due to what Spencer has stated but because i HAVE been doing my own research on it..I was against using Fin' from the beginning but I have given it a rethink ...
    Deuce,,start your research with this link but dont stop there, RESEARCH , (and not just on forums)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finasteride
    By the way,,Clandestine,,please do not think that I am criticizing you..I only want this youngster to know all the facts..

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Deuce,,sorry that i had not spotted this part of your post..

" I tried propecia internally, but it gave me bad testicle pain and brain fog. I think it reduced my libido also."

Can you please expand on this?? What did you mean by 'internally'?
    Where did you get your 'propecia' ?

i also suggest to start minox 5% and ru,
    i just ordered mine and wait to start these two with niz shampoo ,i will keep a photo calendar. since you are young not out of topic but it will make us hope. i read that there is a 30 month hair time, where if topical work will give you the hair of 30 month back.

i hope its true ,the zix creator states that with some studies supporting it. google worldhairloss 30 month

i hope the best

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Deuce, the correct response should have actually been
    - Propecia MIGHT give you side effects.
    It is not an absolute as 'Clandestine' response suggested.
    Bro.

He literally said propecia gives him side effects.

Blah.

Thanks everyone for the advice and support. That ru stuff sounds interesting. I cannot do alot of research on it since I really do not have access to the internet. Is it side effect free? Have studies been done on it? IS long term use dangerous? How do you get it? I appreciate any help. Does anyone know what joe from staten island was talking about in the may 16th broadcast about the topical fin and other doctors developing bimatropost since allergan is not pushing forward with it at this time? I have some money, but I would rather spend it on hair loss products than anything else since this is really messing up my life.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    Is it side effect free?
    RU is a topical anti-androgen. Side effects, if they occur, would be similar to those experienced on anti-androgens (I.e. of the sexual variety).

Many, however, feel RU has a lesser incidence of sides when compared to fin. Especially so when used in KB solution (vehicle).

Have studies been done on it?
    Yes.

IS long term use dangerous?
    We don't know.

How do you get it?
    The Kane shop, mpbtreatments.com (for premixed sol'ns), or through forum group buys.

Has anyone heard of cg210. I seen some people on other forums I am exploring and they are reporting good results. In a Japanese magazine it is the #1 recommended product for hair loss. I hope its legit they have some good results on their website.

Has anyone heard of cg210. I seen some people on other forums I am exploring and they are reporting good results. In a Japanese magazine it is the #1 recommended product for hair loss. I hope its legit they have some good results on their website.
    Give us a link to the forum where they're reporting good results.