+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default If fake teeth are soo acceptable, why isn't fake hair??

Fake teeth are so commonplace. Many people either wear dentures or just have fake teeth for the ones that fell out.

I've never heard of someone saying, 'Oh no, my tooth has fallen out...Let me get a tooth transplant'....

---------

Then, why is fake hair a problem?...Why aren't we hair loss sufferers(myself included) wearing fake hair, when our hair falls out?

Many people wear fake hair my friend but they don't visit this forum often. Sites like toplace has its own forum and they tend to support each other there.

I myself have though about it as you can have any density hairline you want in minutes and with secure attachments done with the right glues or tapes you can swim, gym or even go on roller coasters according to some members.

You make a good comparison with teeth as I don't think many women would object to men having fake teeth but fake hair is a different story. Women often enhance their already existing hair with extensions and hair systems (Beyonce for example) not to mention make up and nails for other enhancements but if a man tires to get back something he lost it is seen as emasculating him.

You hear many stories of women who don't agree with it. "Just shave your head and get on with it" "Your living a lie" Well if a women was insensitive enough to say that to me, to ask me to get rid of something that makes me feel less self conscious I would kick her to the curb. Get rid of your make up, extensions, heels, nails and fake eyelashes and I'll ditch the hair.

If it makes your quality of life better go for it. You can look at it whatever way you want. Fake, living the lie etc or not giving into Bladness and the depression that comes with it.

Take control and take back the power. Don't listen to these social expectations that are enforced on us men.

Hair loss is looked upon pathetically by society. Society has ingrained in our brains that once a man loses his hair he becomes unattractive, a loser, etc. And if a man is found out while wearing a hair piece he is a laughing stock, just look at the old movies where it was always a big joke when a man's wig fell off his head in the old black and white movies.

Women on the other hand have been able to get away with it. Push up bras, materials that suck in the belly, fake hair, fake eyelashes, wigs, etc.

I think most of it is that a some man would rather deal with the baldness rather than become a laughing stock by being found out that he's wearing a wig.

Stigma. Just how it's ended up. Societal stigma.

The stigma against hairpieces is bullshit (they are still the only way to regain a full head of hair once you are past a certain NW). However there is 1 important difference I can think of between fake hair and fake teeth....teeth have a more vital function.

Er, because you don't ever have to see teeth. Like, ever. You can have a beautiful smile WITHOUT teeth.

The problem with fake hair, in the past, was that it looked terrible and obvious. Nowadays you can spend money and have fake hair that actually looks like its coming out of your skull.

Well teeth serve a critical function and one can not easily spot fake teeth. Maybe it's just me, but I can tell when a man is wearing a rug, in like 2 seconds. Perhaps since I am a hairloss sufferer, I tend to notice this stuff.

With that said, regardless of reasons, a rug is not accepted as normal among sane group of people.

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    Fake teeth are so commonplace. Many people either wear dentures or just have fake teeth for the ones that fell out.

I've never heard of someone saying, 'Oh no, my tooth has fallen out...Let me get a tooth transplant'....

---------

Then, why is fake hair a problem?...Why aren't we hair loss sufferers(myself included) wearing fake hair, when our hair falls out?
    Because we men find insecure women still attractive, while women do not find insecure men attractive.

fake teeth improves a person's health and appearance.... while fake hair looks tacky and doesnt improve anything.

EMBRACE YOUR HAIRLOSS.... YOU'RE NOT YOUR HAIR, YOUR HAIR IS JUST A SMALL PART OF WHO YOU ARE!

If there wasn't an stigma about wearing hairpieces places like this shouldn't need to exists.

Instead of finding a "cure", changing society attitudes would be a better start.