+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default I have shaved head for couple years, but want a hairline?

So as title says, I have clipped my hair for last couple of years, and I get told it suits me well... so I am more than happy to keep my hair short- 1-2.

But I want a hairline, I am probably a norwood 3... so based on the fact I dont care about having long, thick hair, does it mean a transplant has less chance of going wrong, or can shaved heads still look rubbish? I have started fin and rogaine within last month, just looking for tips?

Thanks, pics of me below, oh and I am 24.

My opinion , you look good as is
    At 24 too young for a HT
    Don't even think about it . You'll be fighting it for the rest of your life

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    My opinion , you look good as is
    At 24 too young for a HT
    Don't even think about it . You'll be fighting it for the rest of your life
    I can't stand idea of being bald though... Drives me crazy, I wouldn't mind zidane look, where's he got a hairline, but balding at crown

If you are going to stay on propecia and rogaine then an HT is not so bad. You'd only be playing catch up if you get an HT but are not even addressing the actual problem, which is lowering your DHT. If you plan to get an HT, quit fin and rogaine, and go on with your life, then yes you'll need multiple HT's to compensate for your MPB lost hair.

Fin/dut+minoxdil+HT is the way to go if you have the money.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    If you are going to stay on propecia and rogaine then an HT is not so bad. You'd only be playing catch up if you get an HT but are not even addressing the actual problem, which is lowering your DHT. If you plan to get an HT, quit fin and rogaine, and go on with your life, then yes you'll need multiple HT's to compensate for your MPB lost hair.

Fin/dut+minoxdil+HT is the way to go if you have the money.
    I do have the money, so just so I am following you.. you agree be a good idea to get HT in the next few months, and carry on taking fin and rogaine?

I kinda did the same... If you planning to keep buzzing your hair (1 or 2 on top) (0 or 1 on sides and back) then i would recommend dr. Gho, since it's the only scarless HT as of now and it leaves no white dots or visible scaring even when shaving to the bone..
    But he will bring you back to nw2 though, i don't think he gives nw1 hairlines.

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    I kinda did the same... If you planning to keep buzzing your hair (1 or 2 on top) (0 or 1 on sides and back) then i would recommend dr. Gho, since it's the only scarless HT as of now and it leaves no white dots or visible scaring even when shaving to the bone..
    But he will bring you back to nw2 though, i don't think he gives nw1 hairlines.
    I want a good hairline, I didnt think fue was that noticible at like 2 all over? you got any pics?

Kid, you are far too good looking to mess with yourself. See how the meds work and be thankful for your parent's awesome genes! Now go out an enjoy your life!

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    Kid, you are far too good looking to mess with yourself. See how the meds work and be thankful for your parent's awesome genes! Now go out an enjoy your life!
    I have mate for last 4 years, kept my hair short and not thought about my receding hairline and thanks for the compliment!... but its just starting to get to me now, you know? I dont want spend rest of my 20s thinking about it... 3-4 grand for a good hairline, and some peace of mind would be well worth it.

I was just wondering because I am keeping it short, does that mean I could go too just a decent doctor, rather than a great one and it wouldnt make a huge difference, or?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx View Post
    I do have the money, so just so I am following you.. you agree be a good idea to get HT in the next few months, and carry on taking fin and rogaine?
    Exactly. If you are not happy with your hairline, and want it improved, then go ahead with an HT but stay on the meds and hopefully you get no side effects ever.

But I will also agree with PayDay in that, how about giving Propecia and Rogaine some time, like 1 year? To see what they can do for you? To be honest, your hair loss is not that bad, but I understand how you feel since I am also NW3 and I am not particularly happy with that. If I was in your position and could afford it, I would do it. For now i'm stuck with Dutasteride and Rogaine, I was a light NW4 - 2 months ago, now i'm NW3 with constant improvement in the form of thickening. So you don't know what the meds will do for you in a couple of months, maybe you'll like it so much you'd forget about an HT.

I admit my plans have been foiled (In a good way) because of the hair loss treatment I got on. First it was (1) Get on dutasteride/Avodart+Rogaine for a 1-2 years, (2) get an HT and stay on the meds. But now with the pace that I am seeing improvement, i'm losing interest in an HT and it's more like, (1) Get on dut/Avodart+Rogaine, (2) Forget about an HT. I'm just sharing that with you, because maybe the same happens with you. NW3 is not that bad, it's reversible with consistency.