I have shaved head for couple years, but want a hairline?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jaxx
    • May 2013

I have shaved head for couple years, but want a hairline?

So as title says, I have clipped my hair for last couple of years, and I get told it suits me well... so I am more than happy to keep my hair short- 1-2.

But I want a hairline, I am probably a norwood 3... so based on the fact I dont care about having long, thick hair, does it mean a transplant has less chance of going wrong, or can shaved heads still look rubbish? I have started fin and rogaine within last month, just looking for tips?

Thanks, pics of me below, oh and I am 24.

• DAVE52
    • Sep 2010

My opinion , you look good as is
    At 24 too young for a HT
    Don't even think about it . You'll be fighting it for the rest of your life

Comment

• Jaxx
      • May 2013

Originally posted by DAVE52
      My opinion , you look good as is
      At 24 too young for a HT
      Don't even think about it . You'll be fighting it for the rest of your life
      I can't stand idea of being bald though... Drives me crazy, I wouldn't mind zidane look, where's he got a hairline, but balding at crown

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
        • Jan 2011

If you are going to stay on propecia and rogaine then an HT is not so bad. You'd only be playing catch up if you get an HT but are not even addressing the actual problem, which is lowering your DHT. If you plan to get an HT, quit fin and rogaine, and go on with your life, then yes you'll need multiple HT's to compensate for your MPB lost hair.

Fin/dut+minoxdil+HT is the way to go if you have the money.

Comment

• Jaxx
          • May 2013

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
          If you are going to stay on propecia and rogaine then an HT is not so bad. You'd only be playing catch up if you get an HT but are not even addressing the actual problem, which is lowering your DHT. If you plan to get an HT, quit fin and rogaine, and go on with your life, then yes you'll need multiple HT's to compensate for your MPB lost hair.

Fin/dut+minoxdil+HT is the way to go if you have the money.
          I do have the money, so just so I am following you.. you agree be a good idea to get HT in the next few months, and carry on taking fin and rogaine?

Comment

• aim4hair
            • Aug 2011

I kinda did the same... If you planning to keep buzzing your hair (1 or 2 on top) (0 or 1 on sides and back) then i would recommend dr. Gho, since it's the only scarless HT as of now and it leaves no white dots or visible scaring even when shaving to the bone..
            But he will bring you back to nw2 though, i don't think he gives nw1 hairlines.

Comment

• Jaxx
              • May 2013

Originally posted by aim4hair
              I kinda did the same... If you planning to keep buzzing your hair (1 or 2 on top) (0 or 1 on sides and back) then i would recommend dr. Gho, since it's the only scarless HT as of now and it leaves no white dots or visible scaring even when shaving to the bone..
              But he will bring you back to nw2 though, i don't think he gives nw1 hairlines.
              I want a good hairline, I didnt think fue was that noticible at like 2 all over? you got any pics?

Comment

• PayDay
                • Nov 2008

Kid, you are far too good looking to mess with yourself. See how the meds work and be thankful for your parent's awesome genes! Now go out an enjoy your life!

Comment

• Jaxx
                  • May 2013

Originally posted by PayDay
                  Kid, you are far too good looking to mess with yourself. See how the meds work and be thankful for your parent's awesome genes! Now go out an enjoy your life!
                  I have mate for last 4 years, kept my hair short and not thought about my receding hairline and thanks for the compliment!... but its just starting to get to me now, you know? I dont want spend rest of my 20s thinking about it... 3-4 grand for a good hairline, and some peace of mind would be well worth it.

I was just wondering because I am keeping it short, does that mean I could go too just a decent doctor, rather than a great one and it wouldnt make a huge difference, or?

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Jaxx
                    I do have the money, so just so I am following you.. you agree be a good idea to get HT in the next few months, and carry on taking fin and rogaine?
                    Exactly. If you are not happy with your hairline, and want it improved, then go ahead with an HT but stay on the meds and hopefully you get no side effects ever.

But I will also agree with PayDay in that, how about giving Propecia and Rogaine some time, like 1 year? To see what they can do for you? To be honest, your hair loss is not that bad, but I understand how you feel since I am also NW3 and I am not particularly happy with that. If I was in your position and could afford it, I would do it. For now i'm stuck with Dutasteride and Rogaine, I was a light NW4 - 2 months ago, now i'm NW3 with constant improvement in the form of thickening. So you don't know what the meds will do for you in a couple of months, maybe you'll like it so much you'd forget about an HT.

I admit my plans have been foiled (In a good way) because of the hair loss treatment I got on. First it was (1) Get on dutasteride/Avodart+Rogaine for a 1-2 years, (2) get an HT and stay on the meds. But now with the pace that I am seeing improvement, i'm losing interest in an HT and it's more like, (1) Get on dut/Avodart+Rogaine, (2) Forget about an HT. I'm just sharing that with you, because maybe the same happens with you. NW3 is not that bad, it's reversible with consistency.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Jaxx
                      I have mate for last 4 years, kept my hair short and not thought about my receding hairline and thanks for the compliment!... but its just starting to get to me now, you know? I dont want spend rest of my 20s thinking about it... 3-4 grand for a good hairline, and some peace of mind would be well worth it.

I was just wondering because I am keeping it short, does that mean I could go too just a decent doctor, rather than a great one and it wouldnt make a huge difference, or?
                      NO!

Go to a great doctor, you'll regret it if you get a botched HT. So many people come on here complaining about how they regret getting an HT but the doctor they mention are unknowns. You rarely read about HT's gone wrong with the ISHRS recommended doctors.

BTW, I don't think you can get a good HT with 3-4k. If that was the case then I could afford it.

Comment

• Jaxx
                        • May 2013

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
                        NO!

Go to a great doctor, you'll regret it if you get a botched HT. So many people come on here complaining about how they regret getting an HT but the doctor they mention are unknowns. You rarely read about HT's gone wrong with the ISHRS recommended doctors.

BTW, I don't think you can get a good HT with 3-4k. If that was the case then I could afford it.
                        I have about 7k available, thats pounds, so like 10k dollars I guess?... but I thought 4-5k would be enough for what I am at... I am not looking for huge density. I have read a lot on here... I noticed Belgium doctors are getting very good reviews.

Comment

• Jaxx
                          • May 2013

DR Bisanga basically said I am too young for transplant... and to try drugs for a year... whats the point in going on drugs, when they arent going to regrow my hairline which is what annoys me.

Comment

• clee984
                            • Feb 2010

You look money with your hair shaved the way it is, seriously. I'd advise against an HT.

Comment

• Jaxx
                              • May 2013

Originally posted by clee984
                              You look money with your hair shaved the way it is, seriously. I'd advise against an HT.
                              Thanks mate, yes I accept I am fortunate with regards to facial structure, I look ok with short hair, my whole life I have kepy my hair short, usually 3 or under... but theres huge difference I think between clipped hair and no hair.

And I really don't understand the reluctance to do a HT at 24... I am on propecia and rogaine, so how is it any worse than someone who is 29 and not on those things...

I don't want spends my whole 20s defined by this, and I know I will be... I am getting a ht one way or another, just looks like it wont be with that particular doctor.

Comment

Working...