+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx View Post
    I have mate for last 4 years, kept my hair short and not thought about my receding hairline and thanks for the compliment!... but its just starting to get to me now, you know? I dont want spend rest of my 20s thinking about it... 3-4 grand for a good hairline, and some peace of mind would be well worth it.

I was just wondering because I am keeping it short, does that mean I could go too just a decent doctor, rather than a great one and it wouldnt make a huge difference, or?
    NO!

Go to a great doctor, you'll regret it if you get a botched HT. So many people come on here complaining about how they regret getting an HT but the doctor they mention are unknowns. You rarely read about HT's gone wrong with the ISHRS recommended doctors.

BTW, I don't think you can get a good HT with 3-4k. If that was the case then I could afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    NO!

Go to a great doctor, you'll regret it if you get a botched HT. So many people come on here complaining about how they regret getting an HT but the doctor they mention are unknowns. You rarely read about HT's gone wrong with the ISHRS recommended doctors.

BTW, I don't think you can get a good HT with 3-4k. If that was the case then I could afford it.
    I have about 7k available, thats pounds, so like 10k dollars I guess?... but I thought 4-5k would be enough for what I am at... I am not looking for huge density. I have read a lot on here... I noticed Belgium doctors are getting very good reviews.

DR Bisanga basically said I am too young for transplant... and to try drugs for a year... whats the point in going on drugs, when they arent going to regrow my hairline which is what annoys me.

You look money with your hair shaved the way it is, seriously. I'd advise against an HT.

Quote Originally Posted by clee984 View Post
    You look money with your hair shaved the way it is, seriously. I'd advise against an HT.
    Thanks mate, yes I accept I am fortunate with regards to facial structure, I look ok with short hair, my whole life I have kepy my hair short, usually 3 or under... but theres huge difference I think between clipped hair and no hair.

And I really don't understand the reluctance to do a HT at 24... I am on propecia and rogaine, so how is it any worse than someone who is 29 and not on those things...

I don't want spends my whole 20s defined by this, and I know I will be... I am getting a ht one way or another, just looks like it wont be with that particular doctor.

Thanks mate, yes I accept I am fortunate with regards to facial structure, I look ok with short hair, my whole life I have kepy my hair short, usually 3 or under... but theres huge difference I think between clipped hair and no hair.

And I really don't understand the reluctance to do a HT at 24... I am on propecia and rogaine, so how is it any worse than someone who is 29 and not on those things...

I don't want spends my whole 20s defined by this, and I know I will be... I am getting a ht one way or another, just looks like it wont be with that particular doctor.
    That's totally cool, of course it's your decision to make, just be aware of how long recovery will be (it is surgery, after all), and that the result might not be exactly what you want. I understand completely what you're saying, that you don't want it to define you, and that there is a difference between short hair and being bald, and you're obviously a smart guy, you're posting on the right forum (having done all the research myself in the past, I know that the docs endorsed by this site have to earn it), so the best of luck to you.

That's totally cool, of course it's your decision to make, just be aware of how long recovery will be (it is surgery, after all), and that the result might not be exactly what you want. I understand completely what you're saying, that you don't want it to define you, and that there is a difference between short hair and being bald, and you're obviously a smart guy, you're posting on the right forum (having done all the research myself in the past, I know that the docs endorsed by this site have to earn it), so the best of luck to you.
    Yes I do understand I will be looking at a year, maybe longer before I see the final results, and those results might not be exactly what I am dreaming of. I don't know anymore. I must say I am confused by the whole thing... I hate the fact balding affects me so much, wish I could just accept it and not think about it... but every time I look in the mirror, its first thing I see, every time I meet someone new, its the first thing I think is on their mind, yes I know, paranoia... and its just stressing me... feel like its taking over my life now.

I broke up with my ex in January, and that had big impact on me... I loved her, and I loved the fact she never mentioned my hair once.. and I do get compliments on my looks, but I dont know, it just pisses me off... I hate it, i hate that people think its something funny, or something to mock (not that many people mention it).. its sickening having no control over something happening to you.

Yes I do understand I will be looking at a year, maybe longer before I see the final results, and those results might not be exactly what I am dreaming of. I don't know anymore. I must say I am confused by the whole thing... I hate the fact balding affects me so much, wish I could just accept it and not think about it... but every time I look in the mirror, its first thing I see, every time I meet someone new, its the first thing I think is on their mind, yes I know, paranoia... and its just stressing me... feel like its taking over my life now.

I broke up with my ex in January, and that had big impact on me... I loved her, and I loved the fact she never mentioned my hair once.. and I do get compliments on my looks, but I dont know, it just pisses me off... I hate it, i hate that people think its something funny, or something to mock (not that many people mention it).. its sickening having no control over something happening to you.
    I understand exactly where you're coming from, and that it starts to dominate you're thinking, and it doesn't matter what others tell you. But remember that we're anonymous guys posting on the internet, so if we tell you it's a good look for you and it shouldn't bother you, we don't have any reason to lie.

You mentioned Zidane earlier up the thread, you have a lot more hair than he did at your age (I always found it strange that he had the bit of hair that Sven Goran Erikson was missing), so I shouldn't worry too much about that - time is on your side, treatments improve etc etc. He does look good with his head shaved, I'm not sure how much that little "fringe" helps, I guess it frames his face nicely.

I had a HT with Dr Feriduni in Belgium, check him out if you haven't already, I'm more than happy with the results (I very rarely come on these forums anymore, don't feel the need, today is the exception), and it wasn't that expensive. Don't rush into anything, keep posting on the forums, keep asking questions (as you are doing) and I'm sure it'll work out for you.

I understand exactly where you're coming from, and that it starts to dominate you're thinking, and it doesn't matter what others tell you. But remember that we're anonymous guys posting on the internet, so if we tell you it's a good look for you and it shouldn't bother you, we don't have any reason to lie.

You mentioned Zidane earlier up the thread, you have a lot more hair than he did at your age (I always found it strange that he had the bit of hair that Sven Goran Erikson was missing), so I shouldn't worry too much about that - time is on your side, treatments improve etc etc. He does look good with his head shaved, I'm not sure how much that little "fringe" helps, I guess it frames his face nicely.

I had a HT with Dr Feriduni in Belgium, check him out if you haven't already, I'm more than happy with the results (I very rarely come on these forums anymore, don't feel the need, today is the exception), and it wasn't that expensive. Don't rush into anything, keep posting on the forums, keep asking questions (as you are doing) and I'm sure it'll work out for you.

I just sent off an online consultation to DR Feriduni, I had noticed the positive reviews he has recieved on here. I think hairline is the most important thing to facial aesthetics... Like I say I will carry on clipping my head so if I had a bald crown, it wouldnt make a huge difference, being 6 foot 2 helps as well.

I have read a lot on here, I don't think anything would come as a huge surprise to me, just want get it out of the way with now.. if its a success, great.. if not, I tried and ill just forget about it.

Its the choices that are driving me a little mad... should I just leave it, will i regret it etc etc

Just try another doctor. "Too young" I don't get it, it's not like you're 10, what the hell. I understand the "Use the drugs for 1 year" that is to stabilize your hair loss completely and see what the drugs will recover for you, if anything. Just keep trying, good luck with DR Furiduni.