+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default I'm not ready for propecia, so i've finally started minox

after months of reading this forum and constantly asking questions and debating what to do i've just applied my first blob of rogaine foam on the front of my hair. I understand hair in the temple and front is harder/not possible to grow but i'm willing to give it a go so it feels like im actually doing something to tackle MPB

i let the front dry, and have applied some emu oil and taken biotin. I'm thinking of applying the foam just once a day for now (before i go to bed) and then applying it twice a day in a few months. I'm going to use nizoral once a week also.

i'll keep you posted how i get on, i'll put some pictures up month by month.

cheers :-)

sam

Good luck

Most people become "ready for propecia" pretty fast when they lose a lot more hair. Why wait? Everyone on here wishes they would of treated their hairloss earlier. Keeping what you have is much easier than regrowth.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by akai View Post
    Most people become "ready for propecia" pretty fast when they lose a lot more hair. Why wait? Everyone on here wishes they would of treated their hairloss earlier. Keeping what you have is much easier than regrowth.

Good luck.
    Because of the possibility of impotence?

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    UK shut the f**k up you clown, you are seriously mis-informed.

Please do some research before making outlandish claims.

You are the most negative person on this forum, not one of your posts contributes anything meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jairus View Post
    UK shut the f**k up you clown, you are seriously mis-informed.

Please do some research before making outlandish claims.

You are the most negative person on this forum, not one of your posts contributes anything meaningful.
    He may be negative frequently on here, but nothing he stated is outlandish by any means. Propecia can cause severe and permanent sides bro. How about you do your research.

I experienced severe sides, as well as others I know personally so your argument is invalid. Every individual has the right to make their own decisions, however, I think it's vital people who are considering this drug understand that sides may occur and could remain permanent. Those are facts.

The dice is in everyone hands, it's those that decide to roll it who must prepare and deal with any negative consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    It doesn't for me or any of my friends who take it. What has caused sexual problems in the past for me: took an SSRI (Lexapro) for a few months and pain medication for a month after having surgery. Everyone is different. SSRIs have a much, much higher likelihood of causing sexual problems. I just don't think it's right to scare someone away from finasteride because of the low possibility of sexual problems. I never read a forum before taking it (year and a half) and someone like you very well would have scared me off and I would have a giant bald patch on my head. People should be able to make a researched, informed decision without sunshine pumping or fear-mongering.

It doesn't for me or any of my friends who take it. What has caused sexual problems in the past for me: took an SSRI (Lexapro) for a few months and pain medication for a month after having surgery. Everyone is different. SSRIs have a much, much higher likelihood of causing sexual problems. I just don't think it's right to scare someone away from finasteride because of the low possibility of sexual problems. I never read a forum before taking it (year and a half) and someone like you very well would have scared me off and I would have a giant bald patch on my head. People should be able to make a researched, informed decision without sunshine pumping or fear-mongering.
    New information posted:

http://www.propeciahelp.com/

Good luck.
    Couldn't have said it better.

In fact, I wish I had skipped right to Dutasteride+Rogaine in my late teens, rather than at 24 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Couldn't have said it better.

In fact, I wish I had skipped right to Dutasteride+Rogaine in my late teens, rather than at 24 years old.
    DUT in your late teens?? Jesus.

You're still developing at that age, I know I was. I would never in my life consider taking that at such an early age. I think starting at 24 is starting relatively early, unless you were heading towards a higher NW prior.