Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sam90
    • Jun 2012

I'm not ready for propecia, so i've finally started minox

after months of reading this forum and constantly asking questions and debating what to do i've just applied my first blob of rogaine foam on the front of my hair. I understand hair in the temple and front is harder/not possible to grow but i'm willing to give it a go so it feels like im actually doing something to tackle MPB

i let the front dry, and have applied some emu oil and taken biotin. I'm thinking of applying the foam just once a day for now (before i go to bed) and then applying it twice a day in a few months. I'm going to use nizoral once a week also.

i'll keep you posted how i get on, i'll put some pictures up month by month.

cheers :-)

sam
  • Jens1986
    • May 2013

Good luck

Comment

• akai
      • Dec 2012

Most people become "ready for propecia" pretty fast when they lose a lot more hair. Why wait? Everyone on here wishes they would of treated their hairloss earlier. Keeping what you have is much easier than regrowth.

Good luck.

Comment

• UK_
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by akai
        Most people become "ready for propecia" pretty fast when they lose a lot more hair. Why wait? Everyone on here wishes they would of treated their hairloss earlier. Keeping what you have is much easier than regrowth.

Good luck.
        Because of the possibility of impotence?

Comment

• Pentarou
          • Apr 2013

Sam90, you need to use finasteride/Propecia far more than minoxidil if you want to save your hair,minox does nothing for the DHT that is destroying your follicles!

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
            • Mar 2013

hey sam, just started minox foam this morning, as of now the only thing i notice is my throat some how sore, guys can this be related?

Comment

• Jens1986
              • May 2013

Originally posted by TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
              hey sam, just started minox foam this morning, as of now the only thing i notice is my throat some how sore, guys can this be related?
              Contact your doctor if you experience these side effects and they are severe or bothersome. Your pharmacist may be able to advise you on managing side effects.

backache
              changes in hair colour or texture
              cold- or flu-like symptoms (e.g., runny or stuffy nose, cough, sore throat)
              continuous itching or skin rash
              dental problems
              irritation, redness, dryness in the area where medication was applied
              muscle strain or spasm

Comment

• mature
                • May 2013

Try RU bit more expensive and a bit of work to get everything together but will get the job done with no sexual sides like Fin.

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
                  • Mar 2013

i just did a huge stupid mistake. it says to aply half capfull , half of the bottles' cap that is a little, i appied 6 times that, so it might be that for the sore throat i also notice my head slightly acheble

Comment

• Jairus
                    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by UK_
                    UK shut the f**k up you clown, you are seriously mis-informed.

Please do some research before making outlandish claims.

You are the most negative person on this forum, not one of your posts contributes anything meaningful.

Comment

• akai
                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by UK_
                      It doesn't for me or any of my friends who take it. What has caused sexual problems in the past for me: took an SSRI (Lexapro) for a few months and pain medication for a month after having surgery. Everyone is different. SSRIs have a much, much higher likelihood of causing sexual problems. I just don't think it's right to scare someone away from finasteride because of the low possibility of sexual problems. I never read a forum before taking it (year and a half) and someone like you very well would have scared me off and I would have a giant bald patch on my head. People should be able to make a researched, informed decision without sunshine pumping or fear-mongering.

Comment

• UK_
                        • Feb 2011

It doesn't for me or any of my friends who take it. What has caused sexual problems in the past for me: took an SSRI (Lexapro) for a few months and pain medication for a month after having surgery. Everyone is different. SSRIs have a much, much higher likelihood of causing sexual problems. I just don't think it's right to scare someone away from finasteride because of the low possibility of sexual problems. I never read a forum before taking it (year and a half) and someone like you very well would have scared me off and I would have a giant bald patch on my head. People should be able to make a researched, informed decision without sunshine pumping or fear-mongering.
                        New information posted:

Comment

• StayThick
                          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Jairus
                          UK shut the f**k up you clown, you are seriously mis-informed.

Please do some research before making outlandish claims.

You are the most negative person on this forum, not one of your posts contributes anything meaningful.
                          He may be negative frequently on here, but nothing he stated is outlandish by any means. Propecia can cause severe and permanent sides bro. How about you do your research.

I experienced severe sides, as well as others I know personally so your argument is invalid. Every individual has the right to make their own decisions, however, I think it's vital people who are considering this drug understand that sides may occur and could remain permanent. Those are facts.

The dice is in everyone hands, it's those that decide to roll it who must prepare and deal with any negative consequences.

Comment

• Jcm800
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                            New information posted:

http://www.propeciahelp.com/
                            FFS - are you taking the plunge? Reading this stuff is screwing with my head. F@ck it, i was ready to take it earlier, now i'm on the fence again.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                              • Jan 2011

Good luck.
                              Couldn't have said it better.

In fact, I wish I had skipped right to Dutasteride+Rogaine in my late teens, rather than at 24 years old.

Comment

Working...