+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    I think reading would help us all think about other things. The last book I read was The Giver. It was alright, but it was short and it seemed better suited for Jr High kids, i'm 24.

Any one recommend some good books with a good story? Preferably a long/college level books.
    I agree, and would also recommend doing other things that calm you down. I go swimming all the time(following with saunas and cold showers, alternating, which really freshens me up), also at the same time to gain that body I will need when I'll start shaving.

For reading, especially if you don't read a lot, I highly recommend something that is not too heavy and will capture your attention quickly. Nothing better than "The Da Vinci Code" which I read at 18 in three days. Dan Brown does a great job at drawing your attention with little while keeping it a light read.

Then, once you get used to reading more, I would go over some literature like Dostoevsky and if that's too much also history books can be a good read if you like that sort of stuff.

Folks the cure is coming IMO and we have no more than 5 years. Another good thing to do to keep busy and get in a self improvement spiral is working and saving money, I know I say it all the time but you should start saving 5K a year. That could mean working more, or being responsible, but definitely you need to have 20K for when the new stuff comes out.

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

Goose girl.

Anything by Mark Twain.

Catch-22 by Joseph Heller, very relevant to our hairloss problem.

Guys you have to read: WINDUP GIRL by Paolo Bacigalupi

Its a recent sci fi novel (2010 I think) and is set in a dystopic world of the future where gene hacking and genetic modifications has changed the world for the worse!

I'll never forget this book

But why did you stop reading, I'm curious to know the reason. I read every day for at least 30 minutes. I know of various novels that appeal to us because they have a very realistic theme and depict the social problems of today. But one of my favorites is he House on Mango Street, which I still love to reread. There is an interesting article about him https://easyreadernews.com/what-prob...elevant-today/, which will be interesting for you to read if you like it too This novel is also instructive as it talks about the importance of education and that it is one of the keys to a beautiful and rich life. If you have not read this masterpiece yet, then you should definitely do it.

The wheel of time series of books, there are 14 of them....took me a year to read all of them, a bit like an upgraded lord of the rings.

I really like reading books. I used to be able to read one book in a few days. But now that I became a student, I have absolutely no time for my favorite pastime. We are assigned a lot of homework. Including writing essays. It takes up most of my time. I recently found https://writinguniverse.com/evaluation-essay-topics/ and I'm thinking of taking advantage of it. Here I found a lot of ideas for writing, which can help me a lot.