+ Reply to Thread

Default Beginner questions about RU

Hey guys I have a few questions regarding RU as I am looking into it since I would never take fin or minoxidil.

1) Is it topical or oral? - if its topical how often should you apply it?

2) Are there any sides?

3) Does it cause shedding?

4) To those that have used it - how have the results been compared to other things you have tried?

5) What will happen to your hair if you stop using it?

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    Hey guys I have a few questions regarding RU as I am looking into it since I would never take fin or minoxidil.

1) Is it topical or oral? - if its topical how often should you apply it?

2) Are there any sides?

3) Does it cause shedding?

4) To those that have used it - how have the results been compared to other things you have tried?

5) What will happen to your hair if you stop using it?
    1) Topical
    2) There can be (similar to fin). Start with a low dose and work your way up. They appear to be more rare than sides with fin. And a lot of guys who get sides on fin switch to RU and have no sides. I personally have none.
    3) It can cause shedding. It did a little for me personally. But For some guys its just reduced shed right away.
    4) Ive only ever used RU and havn't been on it long enough to know.
    5) You'll probaly go back to baseline dawg. Like anything, you need to keep using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    1) Topical
    2) There can be (similar to fin). Start with a low dose and work your way up. They appear to be more rare than sides with fin. And a lot of guys who get sides on fin switch to RU and have no sides. I personally have none.
    3) It can cause shedding. It did a little for me personally. But For some guys its just reduced shed right away.
    4) Ive only ever used RU and havn't been on it long enough to know.
    5) You'll probaly go back to baseline dawg. Like anything, you need to keep using it.
    How many mgs do you use/how often (day and night, night only, how many times per week)?

Im surprised it could cause similar sides to fin considering its topical but I guess if it enters the body someway it could happen. How long did your shedding last?

I appreciate the response a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    How many mgs do you use/how often (day and night, night only, how many times per week)?

Im surprised it could cause similar sides to fin considering its topical but I guess if it enters the body someway it could happen. How long did your shedding last?

I appreciate the response a lot!
    np man!

I started with a 2% mixture so 20mg a day, im up to around 35mg now. I pretty much lost some ground on my hairlne where I applied it after the first month or two, and it has stayed around the same for the following 2 months.

And ya it can go into the bloodstream in small amounts and cause AA side effects.

I use it every night.

np man!

I started with a 2% mixture so 20mg a day, im up to around 35mg now. I pretty much lost some ground on my hairlne where I applied it after the first month or two, and it has stayed around the same for the following 2 months.

And ya it can go into the bloodstream in small amounts and cause AA side effects.

I use it every night.
    How bad would you describe that shed on your hairline. My RU just arrived and I too was thinking of starting with about 20mg/day mixed with my evening Minox solution. My biggest concern is a big shed. Would you say yours was cosmetically significant?

np man!

I use it every night.
    Hey dan I have a few more questions, did you use hellousers guide to buying all the materials to make RU? Only wondering cause apparently you need alcohol which is 95% and its not sold in Canada, at least Ontario. Just wondering where you got it cause I am seriously debating RU after reading through a bunch of threads on it.