+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Question about all these future treatments...

Do all of them (adderans, replicel, histogen, dr. nigram/stem cell, etc) only grow hair on the top and crown? Say they end up working and being FDA approved, what happens with our hairlines? In every photo ive seen the hairline is gone and not improved in the after photos. It looks like we'll still need some type of hairline restoration followed by fin anyways..

hopefully someone can prove me wrong and show me a future treatment that actually fixes and maintains the hairline!!!!

I am going to give you my opinion. I know 90% of people will disagree, but this is how I feel based on research. All head hair follicles are created equal and the top of your head has had damage done to it by exterior factors. Damaged DNA. Theoretically if the injection fixes 1 it will fix all. I am not going to debate about my opinion or provide studies.

It's just simply not sensible to assume that any hair loss treatment that works on the vertex will not work on temporal hair regions - the hairs are all going through the same physiological process of balding, albeit, temporal regions 'seem' more effected by hair loss because they're usually always the first to go, they've consequently been bald for the longest periods making it obviously more difficult as you're seeking a method to bring back dead organs essentially.

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    Do all of them (adderans, replicel, histogen, dr. nigram/stem cell, etc) only grow hair on the top and crown? Say they end up working and being FDA approved, what happens with our hairlines? In every photo ive seen the hairline is gone and not improved in the after photos. It looks like we'll still need some type of hairline restoration followed by fin anyways..

hopefully someone can prove me wrong and show me a future treatment that actually fixes and maintains the hairline!!!!
    pretty sure at least early results of both Bim and Histogen have had a positive effect on the hairline. I know most people that have used the BIM 0.1% eyelash stuff off label have regrown some vellus hairs(it's ridiculously expensive though).

The best pictures from histogen were of a lady regrowing most of her hairline back.(however I believe she had a lot of vellus hairs, dont think it was fullout regrowth).

but as UK said, they are the first too go and thus they lay dormant the longest, which may mean these soft products like minoxidil dont work on them, and they may need something like Histogen to wake them up.

My guess is that, at least in the first generation, if something really comes to the market, it would need a hair transplant to fix the hairline

What has been released implies that companies hope the treatments are compoundable, which is fine for vertex and the general scalp because you can use "brute force" until you find a cosmetically improvement

You can't use that approach with the hairline, as it's been seen with botched transplants, it's all or nothing, if something with the hairline is wrong, you end up looking worst than with no hair at all

But if these new treatments are able to revive dormant hair follicles, then hairlines could definitely be restored too. Any place were there used to be fully-functioning hair follicles is a place where these dormant hair follicles can be stimulated to regrow hair.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    But if these new treatments are able to revive dormant hair follicles, then hairlines could definitely be restored too. Any place were there used to be fully-functioning hair follicles is a place where these dormant hair follicles can be stimulated to regrow hair.
    Well, technically minox and fin should also grow hairlines, sometimes they do, but in the majority of cases they don't. Why? who know? but I feel new treatments will still have some difficulties

I hope Histogen releases male pics soon. I'm ok if they regrow hair just around the scalp, as long as you can fix the hairline with a small transplant

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    pretty sure at least early results of both Bim and Histogen have had a positive effect on the hairline. I know most people that have used the BIM 0.1% eyelash stuff off label have regrown some vellus hairs(it's ridiculously expensive though).

The best pictures from histogen were of a lady regrowing most of her hairline back.(however I believe she had a lot of vellus hairs, dont think it was fullout regrowth).

but as UK said, they are the first too go and thus they lay dormant the longest, which may mean these soft products like minoxidil dont work on them, and they may need something like Histogen to wake them up.
    I dont know about BIM, their CEO said phase II was a complete flop.

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    Well, technically minox and fin should also grow hairlines, sometimes they do, but in the majority of cases they don't. Why?
    Minox and Fin are not even close to the same levels as stem cell / growth factor / DP injections. If the damage can be fixed with injections, FIN wont be needed. Dermal Papillas that are working correctly (like the donor area of your head) will be un-affected by DHT.

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    Well, technically minox and fin should also grow hairlines, sometimes they do, but in the majority of cases they don't. Why? who know? but I feel new treatments will still have some difficulties

I hope Histogen releases male pics soon. I'm ok if they regrow hair just around the scalp, as long as you can fix the hairline with a small transplant
    Minoxidil and finasteride were never even supposed to revive dormant hairs or even grow new hairlines in the first place. If a person is lucky, minoxidil may thicken miniaturized hairs in the vertex area. Comparing stem cell therapy to minoxidil and finasteride is like comparing a brand new shiny Lamborghini to a piece-of-s**t, junkyard-material Yugo.