+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I'm tired.

Default I'm tired.

I'm tired.

Tired of losing my hair. Tired of medication induced side-effects. Tired of not having the appropriate means to combat hair loss due to hypersensitivity to aa's.

I'm tired of being the only person my age who is losing their hair. I'm tired of judgement. Tired of checking forums, tired of timelines.

Sometimes the weight of things is hard to handle. Hope is all we often have.

Thanks for the support you've offered, btt members. All of you.

Hang in there brother. Be grateful for what you have, and focus on improving your life in other areas everyday.

Life as a young balding soldier is hard sometimes, the future is daunting. Every day that passes leaves us with less hope. But we can't let it stop us from being happy and living productive and interesting lives. Who the hell knows what the future holds? A cure could be on the market in the next 5 years, or you could get hit by a bus tomorrow. No point in waiting to overcome hair loss before starting to live your life to the fullest. Just keep it in the back burner, do what you can to combat it, and enjoy life in the meantime.

Stay strong.

You'll make it, bro.

I'm tired too. Was tired of going bald, working 30-40 hours a week, full-time student status, Master's project, winter blues.

Thankfully, I'm on the other side of most of that, but there's still some residual exhaustion.

We've got to learn to be engaged and passionate about life. Studies have shown that being depressed, anxious, hopeless, and angry are addictive. It's hard to get out of it, but we must strive to overcome.

Some day we'll look back and wish we had been more zestful in our daily ambitions. Let's try and minimize foreseeable regret and make every day worth something.

Be healthy and happy.

hey clandestine, do u mind me asking how old you are?

I know how you feel, along with many other ppl here, tired of waking up everyday and the first thing that comes to mind is my hair. its the last thing i look at before i go to bed. I cant help but stopping and staring at every guy i see with a nice full head of hair and hairline. I envy all those guys who dont have to worry about this, who dont know how it feels to be dealing with such a terrifying thing. Im not sure if theres many other young guys my age on this forum, but to let you know, i am only 21 years old. I noticed my hair thinning i guess almost 2 years ago, my hairline receeded a bit, but i neever worried about it. I recently decided to buzz my hair short thinking it wouldnt be a bad idea. little did i know, my thinning was worse than i thought. Now i hide it with nanogen concealers.... Its the biggest secret, my family has no idea, my girlfriend of 4 years has no idea, none of my friends know. Ive worn a hat ever since i can remember because i was always self conscious about my somewhat of a high forehead when i was growing up. Its not fair for to have to deal with this at such a young age, its the biggest burden and it effects everything i do. Ive shed many tears over the last 6 months because it has gotten to be very very noticeable without concealer. I am also tired of being the ony guy suffering from this at my age. like sh*t i am only 21 years old. I dont mean any offense to anyone here if you read this, but im in no way a "godly" man, but i even started praying just hoping for something good to come my way. I come on this forum to see possible advancements in medicine or treatments, but i have not tried anything, no propecia, fin, dut, ru,. i dont even really know what all that stuff is. All i know is that this forum has been great for me, I come on here and read about other ppl suffering and how they feel, and i feel like we are all one big family trying to get thru this together. All we can do is support each other, becasue there is nothing we can do about hair loss, its gonna happen unfortunately.

I dont understand why growing hair cant be as easy as spreading a little grass seed on the lawn and seeing thicker greener grass in 3 days.

Like i said before, we just got to support each other. Lend a hand in any way, share experiences with treatments and just keep battling. Sooner or later a cure will be found guys, we have to try and stay positive no matter how hard it will be.

cheers guys,
    wishing all the best to all other fellow hair loss sufferers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    I'm tired.

Tired of losing my hair. Tired of medication induced side-effects. Tired of not having the appropriate means to combat hair loss due to hypersensitivity to aa's.

I'm tired of being the only person my age who is losing their hair. I'm tired of judgement. Tired of checking forums, tired of timelines.

You are stronger than you think.

Takes a lot of courage to stick up a thread and tell us how you really feel. Its no small feat.

You are doing great. I know what I try to do. Take the best of what I can and block out all the doubt, worry and self pity. I know, its easier said than done and sometimes I fail.

But the fact you reached out to us means you care deeply and are dedicated to it.

I'm tired.

You're totally right. "Tired of not having the appropriate means to combat hair loss". Amen to that. I want to regrow my hair more than anything and not only are we not given any effective options to do so, but the options that are constantly being sold to us (HT's, Rogaine) are so damn inferior and/or minimally effective.

Dan, Big, DPHL, Goose, drybone;

Boys, the support means everything. Can't thank you all enough for taking the time to write. Not like we have much better to do though, ai?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Hang in there brother. Be grateful for what you have, and focus on improving your life in other areas everyday.

Life as a young balding soldier is hard sometimes, the future is daunting. Every day that passes leaves us with less hope. But we can't let it stop us from being happy and living productive and interesting lives. Who the hell knows what the future holds? A cure could be on the market in the next 5 years, or you could get hit by a bus tomorrow. No point in waiting to overcome hair loss before starting to live your life to the fullest. Just keep it in the back burner, do what you can to combat it, and enjoy life in the meantime.

Stay strong.
    Dan,

I'm trying my bratha. Thanks for the reminder; we should strive to focus on the present, and on bettering ourselves in all aspects.

I've been with a girl recently, she's great. My wrist is better too, man. Almost 100%. Probably around 90.. lol. I've been at the gym 4 times a week, and it feels really good. Got quite the regimen going on, will continue indefinitely no doubt.

Start work soon, little nervous. Seeing people you've not seen in a year, with progressive loss. It is what it is though, and I know within my heart of hearts it will be fine.

Hope all is well with you as well. You're entirely right, and I absolutely respect your philosophy on things; mine is similar.

Keep in touch ma nigga.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    You'll make it, bro.

I'm tired too. Was tired of going bald, working 30-40 hours a week, full-time student status, Master's project, winter blues.

Thankfully, I'm on the other side of most of that, but there's still some residual exhaustion.

We've got to learn to be engaged and passionate about life. Studies have shown that being depressed, anxious, hopeless, and angry are addictive. It's hard to get out of it, but we must strive to overcome.

Some day we'll look back and wish we had been more zestful in our daily ambitions. Let's try and minimize foreseeable regret and make every day worth something.

Be healthy and happy.
    Big,

I'm glad things are panning out for you mate. You've found the way; keep at it. Medication that works and is effective can be a godsend. Keep going!

You're contribution and participation around here has been refreshing. Though I may never see you in real life, I wish you the best. Thanks for taking the time to write, really. Sometimes a connection with someone experiencing a similar trauma can mean a lot.

And I agree, we should absolutely remain positive. More importantly, we should live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose4 View Post
    hey clandestine, do u mind me asking how old you are?

I know how you feel, along with many other ppl here, tired of waking up everyday and the first thing that comes to mind is my hair. its the last thing i look at before i go to bed. I cant help but stopping and staring at every guy i see with a nice full head of hair and hairline. I envy all those guys who dont have to worry about this, who dont know how it feels to be dealing with such a terrifying thing. Im not sure if theres many other young guys my age on this forum, but to let you know, i am only 21 years old. [...]

I dont understand why growing hair cant be as easy as spreading a little grass seed on the lawn and seeing thicker greener grass in 3 days.

Like i said before, we just got to support each other. Lend a hand in any way, share experiences with treatments and just keep battling. Sooner or later a cure will be found guys, we have to try and stay positive no matter how hard it will be.

cheers guys,
    wishing all the best to all other fellow hair loss sufferers
    Goose,

I'm 21 years old. Approx. NW3, heavily receded temples and some definite crown thinning! My hair loss if fairly aggressive, and I don't have the appropriate means t treat it due to aa sensitivity and associated sides.

I was on nanogen concealers too, for a while (when my hair was longer). Same brand, great product. It concealed, maybe helped, but not now. I'm past that point. Masking it can only help for so long, until progression is too obvious.

I've not seen you post around much, but from your writing style and philosophy, I can tell you're a true person. If you need any guidance regarding fin, RU, or potential experimental treatments, don't hesitant to shoot me msg. It's not all that complicated! You should try what you can, taking in mind what your body can tolerate.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    You are stronger than you think.

Takes a lot of courage to stick up a thread and tell us how you really feel. Its no small feat.

You are doing great. I know what I try to do. Take the best of what I can and block out all the doubt, worry and self pity. I know, its easier said than done and sometimes I fail.

But the fact you reached out to us means you care deeply and are dedicated to it.
    drybone,

Appreciate the post baud. I try to speak my mind, and I feel I'm better off for it. Transparency and honesty is key. I don't mind admitting struggle; it's how we deal with things that define who we are as a person.

Sounds like you're doing fine to me, though. Keep on keeping on. Solutions, always.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    You're totally right. "Tired of not having the appropriate means to combat hair loss". Amen to that. I want to regrow my hair more than anything and not only are we not given any effective options to do so, but the options that are constantly being sold to us (HT's, Rogaine) are so damn inferior and/or minimally effective.
    DBHL,

I've got a great respect for you, but I feel you know that. I feel your concern for the lack of progress in this industry regarding viable treatments; your point of view is spot on.

Hope all is well with you, and thanks for writing. I truly believe that someday, not considering current timelines, we'll all be cured. You, me, everyone.

It. Will. Be. Glorious.

All the best,

clandestine

I'm tired.

before I became aware of my receding hairline I never bothered to check people's hairlines or degree of baldness.... you'd be surprised at how little people actually care or judge you based on your MPB.

and if the problem is women, trust me.... WOMEN WITH THE EXCEPTION OF HIGHSCHOOL TEENS ARE ATRACTED TO CONFIDENCE, NOT TO HAIRLINES OR AMOUNT OF HAIR.

Quote Originally Posted by dude7723 View Post
    before I became aware of my receding hairline I never bothered to check people's hairlines or degree of baldness.... you'd be surprised at how little people actually care or judge you based on your MPB.
    I can't emphasise this enough, I was thinking about this just yesterday. There was this guy in my lectures who's receded to about and NW4 - I had lectures with him all last term before I started even thinking about hairloss and not once did I think "he's balding" or whatever, and this is an NW4! I couldn't believe it when I saw him a few days back, it really highlights how oblivious the every day person is to hairloss.

Furthermore, 2 of my closest friends at uni are balding, one has a receding hairline and crown thinning and the other is a diffuse thinner, I never even considered either were remotely losing their hair beforehand.

The majority of people that identify people as balding (except in obvious cases of NW5+) are balding themselves and they are more likely to be empathetic than anything.

I myself have lost over half my hair due to Telogen Effluvium in the last 3 months, I'm at the tail end now and am seeing good regrowth but not once did anyone ever comment on how much hair I'd lost, one of my housemates was even speaking to me earlier about how one of my other housemates is balding (he's gonna be full on NW7 by the end of uni I bet so it's obvious to the average guy), there's no way he would have been saying that if he thought I'd been losing hair as well, all the time I was thinking the whole time we were speaking was HOW THE HELL CAN'T YOU TELL I'VE LOST HAIR? But obviously he didnt.