+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I'm tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodyy View Post
    I can't emphasise this enough, I was thinking about this just yesterday. There was this guy in my lectures who's receded to about and NW4 - I had lectures with him all last term before I started even thinking about hairloss and not once did I think "he's balding" or whatever, and this is an NW4! I couldn't believe it when I saw him a few days back, it really highlights how oblivious the every day person is to hairloss.

Furthermore, 2 of my closest friends at uni are balding, one has a receding hairline and crown thinning and the other is a diffuse thinner, I never even considered either were remotely losing their hair beforehand.

The majority of people that identify people as balding (except in obvious cases of NW5+) are balding themselves and they are more likely to be empathetic than anything.

I myself have lost over half my hair due to Telogen Effluvium in the last 3 months, I'm at the tail end now and am seeing good regrowth but not once did anyone ever comment on how much hair I'd lost, one of my housemates was even speaking to me earlier about how one of my other housemates is balding (he's gonna be full on NW7 by the end of uni I bet so it's obvious to the average guy), there's no way he would have been saying that if he thought I'd been losing hair as well, all the time I was thinking the whole time we were speaking was HOW THE HELL CAN'T YOU TELL I'VE LOST HAIR? But obviously he didnt.
    i agree... i'm a NW3 and I have a female roommate and I was conscious about my head the whole time, until I decided to bring it up, and she goes like you're balding? I dont think so!!! so I showed her my hairline and her reply was: you have thin hair, but all men do right???

it was so interesting to realize that my own hot female roommate didnt even notice my widow's peak and the gap in my crown!!!!

the more I interacted with women, at school, at work, in my family, the more I realized they were absolutely unaware of my MPB.... a lot of them didn;'t even know what that was....

as far as the men, some of the ones who were balding did mention it to me.... but the guys who had all their hair didnt even notice.... my best friend who has all his hair didnt even know what male pattern baldness was and could really see the thinning in my hair (and this is another dude) eventually after we looked at the NWchart he then realized that i was a 3.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by dude7723 View Post
    i agree... i'm a NW3 and I have a female roommate and I was conscious about my head the whole time, until I decided to bring it up, and she goes like you're balding? I dont think so!!! so I showed her my hairline and her reply was: you have thin hair, but all men do right???

it was so interesting to realize that my own hot female roommate didnt even notice my widow's peak and the gap in my crown!!!!

the more I interacted with women, at school, at work, in my family, the more I realized they were absolutely unaware of my MPB.... a lot of them didn;'t even know what that was....

as far as the men, some of the ones who were balding did mention it to me.... but the guys who had all their hair didnt even notice.... my best friend who has all his hair didnt even know what male pattern baldness was and could really see the thinning in my hair (and this is another dude) eventually after we looked at the NWchart he then realized that i was a 3.
    Even if she's being truthful, why should you care what a lowly female thinks of your hair? YOU are the one that notices it and you must face it in the mirror each and every day. Your hairline is a trench in which you must dig down and fight. This is a battle for aesthetics, beauty, immortality, and art; not a battle for vagina. You are misled if you think otherwise.

Anyway, clan, why don't you use RU ffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    Even if she's being truthful, why should you care what a lowly female thinks of your hair? YOU are the one that notices it and you must face it in the mirror each and every day. Your hairline is a trench in which you must dig down and fight. This is a battle for aesthetics, beauty, immortality, and art; not a battle for vagina. You are misled if you think otherwise.

Anyway, clan, why don't you use RU ffs?
    Mate I do use RU, lowest possible dosage.

Higher doses RU give me sides too though, i'm hypersensitive to aa's unfortunately.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Mate I do use RU, lowest possible dosage.

Higher doses RU give me sides too though, i'm hypersensitive to aa's unfortunately.
    Ah, I was not aware of that. I know we disagree a lot but I truly hope you are able to either combat your mpb effectively or you are able to find peace. What dosage are you on? If I lose ground within the next year, I'm either upping my duta dosage (adding either 0.5 mg orally or topically) or adding RU. Is it as big of a hassle as it seems?

Ah, I was not aware of that. I know we disagree a lot but I truly hope you are able to either combat your mpb effectively or you are able to find peace. What dosage are you on? If I lose ground within the next year, I'm either upping my duta dosage (adding either 0.5 mg orally or topically) or adding RU. Is it as big of a hassle as it seems?
    Thanks baud, I feel we agree more on things these days. And I'm glad you're on a treatment that works for you, as well for the kind words.

It's not a terrible hassle, and you can start with premixed RU until you feel like committing to mixing it yourself. It's a regimen, like any others.

I'm currently on 10mg, it's all I can tolerate.

How do you find using RU? Is it time consuming to make and prepare? And more importantly, has it worked?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    How do you find using RU? Is it time consuming to make and prepare? And more importantly, has it worked?

Its not very time consuming to prepare man. All you need is a scale accurate to the mg. Make batches every 2 weeks or so. Easy work b.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Thanks baud, I feel we agree more on things these days. And I'm glad you're on a treatment that works for you, as well for the kind words.

It's not a terrible hassle, and you can start with premixed RU until you feel like committing to mixing it yourself. It's a regimen, like any others.

I'm currently on 10mg, it's all I can tolerate.
    I sincerely hope you see results with that, man. It would suck to be so sensitive to AA's. Hopefully we see some more results with PGD2 inhibitors as those would probably work well for you given your sensitivity to DHT inhibitors.

I sincerely hope you see results with that, man. It would suck to be so sensitive to AA's. Hopefully we see some more results with PGD2 inhibitors as those would probably work well for you given your sensitivity to DHT inhibitors.
    It's so hard for me to fathom how they haven't figured out how to treat hair loss without requiring us to mess with our hormone balance.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    It's so hard for me to fathom how they haven't figured out how to treat hair loss without requiring us to mess with our hormone balance.
    I know man, I totally agree with you. Although hair restoration is a multi-billion dollar business, the lack of innovation is absolutely staggering. And personally, I don't think many people want to innovate because they're making ungodly amounts of money with hair transplants. I've been really thinking about getting off finasteride lately cus I've been dealing with side effects for 2 years now. And frankly, I cannot see myself monkeying around my hormones for a long period of time. But if having my hair wasn't so damn important to me, I wouldn't be messing with my hormonal balance in the first place.