+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Good point about us older guys and sides. I still do not have any of the sides though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Whats your experience with Fin drybone? I'm 44, have a fair covering still, but it's not great anymore, damn i think i'll be 46 by time i pluck up the guts to try the damn drug myself..
    ;

My story is about slow receding.

I noticed it at 20 but it was so slow I ignored it and as time went on just accepted I was becoming middle aged.

Then I hit about 44 and I decided I did not want to get old and ugly. Getting old is one thing, getting UGLY is another.

I started working out and got on a diet. At 46 I decided to do a small hair transplant to refurbish my frontal hair line. I went in for my operation on Nov 17th 2012.

The results were mixed. I shaved my head down to 1/4 an inch so that it would match the transplanted hairs. I was GALLED to find a horse shoe pattern on my head. I wasnt bald, but it was obvious the hair on my sides was noticeably thicker than the top and front. I had slowly been going bald and didnt know it because i grew my hair long on top and styled it to make it look thick.

While I waited for my transplants to grow in, I realized how harsh a transplant really is. Its not like they show it in the infomercials. Its blood and guts surgery and they ripped open a gaping wound in my scalp.

Wouldnt it be easier just to keep the hair I got . It was then I realized I had stupidly allowed it to fall out instead of just take rogaine or fin to keep the hair I had in my 20s

Doh!!!

So I got on finasteride and its great. My hair looks fine. I dont know if its grown new hair but my hair feels stronger and is definitely no longer falling out.

Its almost 10 months later and my transplant looks good but I am going for another one to get maximum density.

Go to your doc ASAP and dont waste another hair !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Might be harder to tell as one gets older tho if sides are age related? Erectile dysfunction, weight gain, loss of muscle mass are all related to ageing, or could be attributed to finasteride too?

How long have you been on it?
    I have none of the sides you mention. I have only been on it for 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    ;
    Wouldnt it be easier just to keep the hair I got . It was then I realized I had stupidly allowed it to fall out instead of just take rogaine or fin to keep the hair I had in my 20s
    This is my story, in a nutshell.

Thanks for all your replies. I meant to write on here sooner but life got in the way. Its a month down the line and i still cant be certain that my hair loss is progressing. I'm torn on what to do. On the one hand i could go and spend a small fortune (that i can probably only just afford) on drugs that could end up being unnecessary/have severe side effects, or I cross my fingers and hope its a mature hairline and probably end up regretting it. I'm not even certain about the best way to get fin in the UK. Anyway, that's my hair rant over for now. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by jb21 View Post
    Thanks for all your replies. I meant to write on here sooner but life got in the way. Its a month down the line and i still cant be certain that my hair loss is progressing. I'm torn on what to do. On the one hand i could go and spend a small fortune (that i can probably only just afford) on drugs that could end up being unnecessary/have severe side effects, or I cross my fingers and hope its a mature hairline and probably end up regretting it. I'm not even certain about the best way to get fin in the UK. Anyway, that's my hair rant over for now. Thanks again
    I wouldn't take anything until you are sure it is progressing. Just document with pics and compare every few months. If you do find out you are losing then consider your options.