+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hey.

When you take finasteride it almost always gets temporarily worse before it gets better. Its called a 'shedding' phase . This is where your damaged hair falls out and starts to sprout new hair in its place.

It takes about a year to see the real results from it. Be patient and like others have said, do NOT obsess in front of a mirror. Get out and enjoy yourself. You are 20 years old. Go have fun !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hairlossworrier View Post
    Been 5 weeks on Propecia and Nizoral. Hair at the front is looking considerably worse and less dense. Panicking..
    Nope. Looks the same. don't be ridiculous.

Didn't hear back from anyone, but I have ordered my first round of Propecia from The Boots Hair Retention Program. I will be using Propecia, Regaine Foam and Nizoral Shampoo - "The Big 3". I will be posting updates in this thread regularly. My problem is that I like instant results with things, so I hope that I don't lose patience. As before, any advice you guys have would be great.

Thanks!
    I'm like this too, which makes this whole process slow and painful. You're making the right choice to act early.

Wish you the best. Just stay diligent and focus on the present.

Stick with it ! take it for a year and then see. try not to think of it too much either, I'm 26 now and noticed at your age it was slowly happening to me , but foolishly i didnt get on the big 3 till i was 23....could have saved some more hairline if I was smart.

Thanks for the replies. I know it doesn't look much from the photos but its the very centre of my hairline which I seem to be losing ground on.. Which I never hugely regarded as a problem before now. I'll keep you guys posted on how I'm getting on. In the mean time I have been using Nanofibres to cover it. I think cause my hair is so dark the transparency is quite obvious against the scalp - whereas lighter hair might not look as obvious.

Thanks again!

Okay so over 3 months on Propecia now. My hair looks worse than when it first did - which was to be expected. I am developing gyno though... I can handle any sexual side effects but I don't think I can handle walking around with breasts. Does anyone have any advice on whether to drop it or stay on it? Sucks to go through the shedding period then this!

Thanks everyone!

I dont see how you could deal with the sexual side effects...i love sex...&its not much yu could do if your sht wont get up...I say drop it, deal with you hairloss or get on a high percentage of Minoxidil...dats wat im doing...ill keep you updated on my hairloss too... but dude yur 20 dont mess up your sex drive, and grow breast like a feminine chick...Bro im 21 years old & thinning too,

Gyno?!?! Awww s#!t man. Drop fin, better to be bald and healthy, than impotent with tits. Keep on minox though. That might help slow things down or even improve your situation.

I read what you said about the itching. I've heard others talk about this, and the itching is something I've had for many years, especially around the thinning areas. Has the itching stopped at all, since you've been on finasteride?

Okay so over 3 months on Propecia now. My hair looks worse than when it first did - which was to be expected. I am developing gyno though... I can handle any sexual side effects but I don't think I can handle walking around with breasts. Does anyone have any advice on whether to drop it or stay on it? Sucks to go through the shedding period then this!

Thanks everyone!
    hello. you and i are in the same sucky boat. I also developed gyno from Propecia and decided to stop. Im sure I could have continued and maybe it would have gotten worse, maybe not, decided not to take the chance as tits are worse than balding imo . Personally I would hop off and take comfort in knowing we tried the best thing available, it just isnt for everyone. I did not notice any sexual side effects when with lady friends, but I did notice my erections when fapping would go away quite quickly without stimulation. Now off the propecia and everything is back to normal.

You just gotta decide for yourself, puffy nipples and slight boobies vs balding. Many men go bald, not many have droopy tits. So I chose to hop off just in case. Best of luck bro.