+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Uhm that wasn't directed at you. Defensive much? Maybe that is telling after all. Anyhow I am not an NW7 due to the combination of Fin and now Dut to my regimen.

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    I ain't tellin'
    Posts
    74

    Default

    ChrisM, I know you're just trying to argue using personal anecdotes but you're coming off as very arrogant.

    Congratulations on all your achievements, though, I wish you continued success in the future.
    Last edited by TheLaughingCow; 06-04-2013 at 01:46 PM. Reason: why is the word "co.Cky censored?

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingCow View Post
    ChrisM, I know you're just trying to argue using personal anecdotes but you're coming off as very arrogant.

    Congratulations on all your achievements, though, I wish you continued success in the future.
    Your friend went on the attack assuming those words were meant for him. And they weren't hence the mod came down and removed them accordingly. You are making a n assumption as well since you don't know me at all at least enough to know that sarcastic humor can pass off to people who might miss that context completely as arrogance. I found thewhole thread to be appalling actually because one guy is telling us all we have no worth in society and some us have decided to listen to that and be defeated and accept that statement as gospel. I reject it.. you are in life what you choose to be. If you let your baldness control you and your view of yourself you will forever be a slave to insecurity and not enjoying the blessing of life, health and well being that you are bestowed on most of the days of your life. While we bemoan our fate of baldness there are children out there in the world who die of starvation without a meal, young children some of who are diagnosed with incurable forms of cancer, people dying by the millions due to HIV and the spectre of AIDS... and I could go on. Compared to those people and others like them we should consider ourselves fortunate because at the worst we can shave our heads and go on with our lives...those people out there don't have that luxury to that we take for granted...namely life itself.

  4. #24
    Senior Member DannyBoyy7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    Your friend went on the attack assuming those words were meant for him. And they weren't hence the mod came down and removed them accordingly. You are making a n assumption as well since you don't know me at all at least enough to know that sarcastic humor can pass off to people who might miss that context completely as arrogance. I found thewhole thread to be appalling actually because one guy is telling us all we have no worth in society and some us have decided to listen to that and be defeated and accept that statement as gospel. I reject it.. you are in life what you choose to be. If you let your baldness control you and your view of yourself you will forever be a slave to insecurity and not enjoying the blessing of life, health and well being that you are bestowed on most of the days of your life. While we bemoan our fate of baldness there are children out there in the world who die of starvation without a meal, young children some of who are diagnosed with incurable forms of cancer, people dying by the millions due to HIV and the spectre of AIDS... and I could go on. Compared to those people and others like them we should consider ourselves fortunate because at the worst we can shave our heads and go on with our lives...those people out there don't have that luxury to that we take for granted...namely life itself.
    +1...well said dude well bloody said.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    Deleted: redundant post, oops.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    I ain't tellin'
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    Your friend went on the attack...namely life itself.
    I'm not trying to attack you. I'm just suggesting that a change in your writing style might get your point across more successfully and strengthen your argument.

    What you did was basically like me saying:

    "Bald men aren't inferior, because I have a huuugggggeeeeee penis, and a hot girlfriend, and I make $18 million a year. I'm bald and successful, therefore all bald men are successful."
    Saying that, I'm not proving anything, because

    1) It's the internet, and it could be made up (not saying your post was)

    2) One person does not make a good statistical sample, and

    3) I come across as faintly conceited when I manage to turn the thread into a laundry list of my accomplishments.

    Also, I totally agree that the OP is being ridiculous when he says that bald men have a "lower societal worth". I just don't think you're going about refuting his argument in the correct way.
    Last edited by TheLaughingCow; 06-04-2013 at 07:26 PM. Reason: less confrontational

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingCow View Post
    I'm not trying to attack you. I'm just suggesting that a change in your writing style might get your point across more successfully and strengthen your argument.

    What you did was basically like me saying:

    "Bald men aren't inferior, because I have a huuugggggeeeeee penis, and a hot girlfriend, and I make $18 million a year. I'm bald and successful, therefore all bald men are successful."
    Saying that, I'm not proving anything, because

    1) It's the internet, and it could be made up (not saying your post was)

    2) One person does not make a good statistical sample, and

    3) I come across as faintly conceited when I manage to turn the thread into a laundry list of my accomplishments.

    Also, I totally agree that the OP is being ridiculous when he says that bald men have a "lower societal worth". I just don't think you're going about refuting his argument in the correct way.
    No that is not what I said and you twisting and putting your own words in my mouth. I never said I had a huge anything. I said I am fit and I am working out to lose more weight to try to improve as I am not perfect as no one is.

    I said in my statement or rather my point was that I am CONFIDENT and unapologetic for FOR WHO I AM at this point in my life.

    THAT I ...speaking for myself.. do not have my head bowed down in shame because someone else deigns to view me and himself as an inferior type of man and that I would hope others did not do the same as well. I used my own example much in the way the previous poster before me did to illustrate that bald does not equal failure in life jump off a cliff now because it is genetically all over for you and me and you are destined to fail. Quite the contrary there are many paths to success and all of them are not by any means easy to attain.


    I used an excerpt of my own life as an example to hopefully inspire people here( not as bragging rights because who am I trying to impress here.. NO ONE because that not only not my aim but it would a wasted and vain gesture accomplishing nothing) I want to the other posters here to read that let them see that they could do the same if not damn better than me because there IS no limitation for achievement or doing better for oneself except the one that you set in your own damn mind.


    They do not have to slip and fall into despair and discouragement here. Not in this place and certainly not today or any other day right ?

    That is what this place is here for right ?

    Support and a brotherhood among men sharing a plight and hopeful holding out a hand to pull the other up from the ground when they are down and on the ground.


    What you might not have heard in my "accomplishment" story was that I worked nights in retail stores to put myself through college stocking clothes and dealing with returns and helping customers. I was a stock boy and I worked in supermarkets in the frozen food section. I helped package, lift and sort freight to trucks on the docks working for UPS until late hours of the night. I worked in the GAP with a head mike putting out jeans only to see them knocked over again because someone who didn't want help yanked the bottom pair out from the stack I just put together.
    I spent my time vacuuming aisles, mopping around toilets and placing trash in compactors and avoiding the scurrying mice. Before that as a kid I was mowing lawns for money and not with electric ones with the push and turn rusty metal ancient kind and would have to pick up all the contents in a trash bag and the man who I did that for would eat and apple and take off his shoes and checks for any blades of grass with his feet and when he was satisfied he would give me five dollars. My work ethic started from those humble, undignified beginnings.

    I spent my time paying my dues and losing my hair at the same time to work my way up the ladder gradually until I got my college degree and then I climbed the bottom rung of the corporate ladder to work hard for the next decade or so to get where I am today. Everybody pays their dues in some way to get where they are today in some fashion and I am no exception. And I failed along the way and made mistakes that I was able to learn from and in turn become hopefully wiser along the way.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Intresting read indeed. I was laughing on my knees and almost peed.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Proper View Post
    Intresting read indeed. I was laughing on my knees and almost peed.
    As long as you are peeing out DHT we are good. Piss that baldness out son! Laughter is good. Yay! Brotherhood!

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    As long as you are peeing out DHT we are good. Piss that baldness out son! Laughter is good. Yay! Brotherhood!
    Yeah dood! The tension in this thread is insane. It's making my knees quiver. HELP!

    But honestly, OP sounds like you been living under a rock 30k miles under the sea somewhere. Or maybe up a smelly asshole that it fried your brain cells. Yes, baldness is not the greatest but no, baldness is not the end of the world. This is called "first world problems." Look it up if you didn't already know. Yes, it is a problem and you have the right to make it a problem but you're taking shit to the next level. If you're tryna compare shit like a man with hair being favored in a rescue over a bald guy, maybe you should actually stay under the rock you've been living under. You can't teach a dumb dog new tricks. GET AT ME BRO!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 129
    Last Post: 01-22-2014, 05:29 PM
  2. Lower Testosterone Can Cause hairloss !?
    By flr in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-16-2013, 05:11 PM
  3. Another thing that can lower you testosterone !!
    By Rupi in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2011, 07:01 AM
  4. Propecia lower dosage
    By KOST85 in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2011, 12:08 AM
  5. Possible to lower your hairline after a transplantation?
    By GoodFellas in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 03:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Finasteride and Minoxidil ?
Today 07:38 AM
Last Post By Notgivingup2
Today 02:44 PM
Is the cure near or should i just get a transplant ?
12-02-2017 04:01 AM
by snowie
Last Post By Notgivingup2
Today 02:39 PM
Scott Boden - 1251 Follicles FUE
Today 10:43 AM
Last Post By Scott Boden, MD
Today 10:43 AM
Crown Thinning or Cowlick?
Yesterday 08:19 PM
by Zuul
Last Post By Zuul
Today 09:36 AM
Am I Balding or just thinning
11-12-2017 08:18 AM
by smani
Last Post By smani
Today 09:24 AM