+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

I don't donate to profit generating ventures.

The fact that anybody would consider "donating" to a profit seeking company blows my mind.

Well, those saying what ever a forum raises would be insignificant, if you think about it, let's say at least 500 people chip in $100 each, at least. That's 50k, okay that's a little bit? You are right, it is. Now let's say these 500 members donate $100 each 4-5 times a year, that would be like a quarter of a mill. Now let's expand that, say the donation spreads through multiple hair loss forums and all of a sudden you got over 1,000 people or more donating $100+ each [and some ballers donating in the thousand range or high 100s], Histogen would easily see $500k a year from just hair loss forums alone. You might not think it makes a dent, but oh yes it does. It stacks up, especially since i'm just throwing small numbers out there. You don't know if 3,000-5,000 people get involved in this donating movement, all of a sudden you'd be in the 6 digit range.

If 3,000 people agree to voluntarily pay $100 each, 5 times a year, you'd be looking at 1.5M. And that is not even including the guys who would be willing to give $200, 400, 600.

Whether this becomes a reality or not is the question, but yes it would help, especially if it spreads throughout different forums and they join in.

I'd be happy to do $200/month

You guys would be much better off founding a hair loss non-profit.

You know how histogen will thank you for your donations (if their product actually works). They will patent it, brand it, license it, and charge you thousands of dollars for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmethinning View Post

You know how histogen will thank you for your donations (if their product actually works). They will patent it, brand it, license it, and charge you thousands of dollars for it.
    If you don't wanna donate, than dont man. We just trying to do something instead of nothing.

I don't donate to profit generating ventures.

The fact that anybody would consider "donating" to a profit seeking company blows my mind.
    This is why I mentioned a kickstarter. Kickstarters offer incentives for people willing to donate. They could offer for eg monthly updates for the smaller donations. Maybe even get first in line if/when the product is released for the bigger donations. Maybe even cheap treatment incentives for people willing to help speed up the process and chip in. With kickstarter you get something back for what you put in. Kickstarters are currently hitting in the millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    This is why I mentioned a kickstarter. Kickstarters offer incentives for people willing to donate. They could offer for eg monthly updates for the smaller donations. Maybe even get first in line if/when the product is released for the bigger donations. Maybe even cheap treatment incentives for people willing to help speed up the process and chip in. With kickstarter you get something back for what you put in. Kickstarters are currently hitting in the millions.
    Something like that would make a lot of sense.

Something like that would make a lot of sense.
    If money is what's slowing there progress down they could literally offer treatments dirt cheap on a kickstarter incentive. They know when the product is released they will be making enough money and can warrant offering great incentive deals. It's a win win situation for them ( getting product out ASAP ) and for us ( getting cheap treatment / updates / first in line ).

Yes but I would assume noone here has the technical or biological knowledge to get something like that up and running. Histogen is already an established company so what would be the point of starting from scratch? They are a lot smaller than Aderans or Replicel but they are much more communicative, which I respect.

If an incentive was offered to donors such as a discount off treatment cost or first in line then all the better for it.

Where`s Desmond btw?