[NEW] Histogen Email Update -

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HairBane
    • Apr 2013

There's got to be hundreds of people across the several hair loss forums that would be willing to contribute £10+ each to see Histogen come to market sooner and to get the ball rolling for investment. I'd pledge at least £100. Let's email them and see what they say.

Comment

• UK_
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by HairBane
      There's got to be hundreds of people across the several hair loss forums that would be willing to contribute £10+ each to see Histogen come to market sooner and to get the ball rolling for investment. I'd pledge at least £100. Let's email them and see what they say.
      Well considering the Replicel thread had over half a million views I'm sure there are thousands upon thousands of people out there who are not posters to this forum that would still contribute to a Histogen donation fund.

Why cant we just trial it for a month? That's all we're asking for - one month! If it doesnt go well, heck atleast we can say we tried, it's better than sitting on our hands & doing nothing?

Comment

• Arashi
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by garethbale
        If 100 people donate £100 that's £10,000 (whatever that is in dollars) already. Agreed its maybe not a significant sum relative to what might be required but it would still help a lot.
        Nah, I highly doubt that it would help. Research is expensive and clinical trials, especially phase III (since it's so big) cost millions.

Let them present their final Phase I/II data and if that's promising, attracting investors shouldn't be difficult at all.

Comment

• HairBane
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Arashi
          Nah, I highly doubt that it would help. Research is expensive and clinical trials, especially phase III (since it's so big) cost millions.

Let them present their final Phase I/II data and if that's promising, attracting investors shouldn't be difficult at all.
          You're right, but £100,000 or more couldn't hurt (and that might be possible, we don't know.. a veronica mars movie just got 6 million dollars in funding from kickstarter). Also, it's free publicity and might attract investors. It's worth a go.

Comment

• clandestine
            • Aug 2011

Yes, well to reiterate, does anyone know Spencer and/or Winston's emails?

If they're posted in this thread I wouldn't hesitate to shoot a quick email, as Im sure others would as well.

Comment

• john2399
              • Jan 2012

We dont even know how much we could raise. We have to try, its better than sitting around doing nothing.

Comment

• Arashi
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by HairBane
                You're right, but £100,000 or more couldn't hurt (and that might be possible, we don't know.. a veronica mars movie just got 6 million dollars in funding from kickstarter). Also, it's free publicity and might attract investors. It's worth a go.
                6 million dollars, yeah that would definitely help. From their website:

Histogen successfully completed a $10M Series A financing round in December 2010. The Company is currently raising a Series B round, which has been approved up to $23M, and commitments to that round have been received.
                So yeah, that's the magnitude we're talking about.

Comment

• HairBane
                  • Apr 2013

Originally posted by clandestine
                  Yes, well to reiterate, does anyone know Spencer and/or Winston's emails?

If they're posted in this thread I wouldn't hesitate to shoot a quick email, as Im sure others would as well.
                  Googling it gave me spencer[at]spencerkobren.com or baldtruthradio[at]gmail.com

Comment

• Arashi
                    • Aug 2012

So yeah, let them present their final Phase I/II data and if that's promising, a kickstarter project might be interesting. I'd definitely chip in with at least 10k usd IF their data is promising.

Comment

• HairBane
                      • Apr 2013

So yeah, let them present their final Phase I/II data and if that's promising, a kickstarter project might be interesting. I'd definitely chip in with at least 10k usd IF their data is promising.
                      Nice to see Bill Gates getting involved

Comment

• UK_
                        • Feb 2011

Come on Arashi - nobody knows better than the CEO of Histogen about "what would be useful" - and if Gail is actually putting out there that OUR support would be of significant benefit I think that's saying something. We need members like you to support a movement like this more than anything!! Heck, we need people like you to help lead a movement like this!!!

This is our only chance guys, Histogen have put decades of research into practice creating a compound that is finally being tested in humans and Gail herself has stated that the results are staggering, name me one study that achieved de novo temporal regrowth in patients over 40 years of age? But that's besides the point, donating to a cause like this will help so many people, not just MPB sufferers but imagine the amount of people who have different forms of alopecia, burn victims and even patients undergoing chemotherapy! Hair loss affects so many people in so many different ways!!

Wouldnt it be great if we could reach a day where we didnt have to hide the fact of how much it really affects us?

Comment

• SoClose
                          • Oct 2012

As others have said, if we could somehow have a secure (and traceable) way of doing this, I'd be keen to donate, and regularly too!

And of course it would help, it's certainly better than nothing at all. Even if we only donated $100 in total, they're still benefiting. That could pay a certain number of hours of wages, during which time a vital breakthrough could be made. Everything is a possibility.

Comment

• Arashi
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by UK_
                            Come on Arashi - nobody knows better than the CEO of Histogen about "what would be useful" - and if Gail is actually putting out there that OUR support would be of significant benefit I think that's saying something.
                            Please read my previous posts. Unlike a paypal account with donations, I do think a kickstarter project might be very interesting. It might turn out to be a very interesting investment for a lot of people. I for one think that it's an interesting opportunity, IF their phase I/II trial is good.

Comment

• UK_
                              • Feb 2011

Please read my previous posts. Unlike a paypal account with donations, I do think a kickstarter project might be very interesting. It might turn out to be a very interesting investment for a lot of people.
                              Yes and I said a kickstarter project was the best idea put forth, this has never been done before for a hair loss treatment, the response could be beyond huge, just look at the interest we have in 'future treatments' section of this website - millions of hits, a lot of people who view and dont post would donate! It's not just posters that would donate.

Comment

• Arashi
                                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by UK_
                                Yes and I said a kickstarter project was the best idea put forth, this has never been done before for a hair loss treatment, the response could be beyond huge, just look at the interest we have in 'future treatments' section of this website - millions of hits, a lot of people who view and dont post would donate! It's not just posters that would donate.
                                Agreed

Comment

Working...