+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

The PHG private forum has a donate feature, and it is used frequently. Why can't we?

UK_; could you email back Gail asking if it would be at all possible, what were all hoping for, in terms of a donate feature to be implemented on BTT? The money would need to go somewhere to Histogen.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    The PHG private forum has a donate feature, and it is used frequently. Why can't we?

UK_; could you email back Gail asking if it would be at all possible, what were all hoping for, in terms of a donate feature to be implemented on BTT? The money would need to go somewhere to Histogen.
    We need Spencer for this, maybe the TBT admins could get back to us all about setting up some kind of donation feature on the bald truth website?

Whatever amount of donation we generate can then go straight to Histogen for them to use in their next trial! They have said it themselves and many people on this forum have verified with Dr Gail Naughton that additional sources of finance would speed things up greatly!

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    Guys

UK's friend's email is totally real. I emailed Gail myself, she responded by saying that there seems to have been some misinformation and that the company is not facing funding problems BUT would benefit from increased funds (ie speedier/more encompassing trials etc). I even suggested support from the hair loss community and she was totally open and enthusiastic to this.

Gail asked me to clarify.
    This. I agree, UK_, we likely need Spencer on this one.

Anyone know his email? And Winston's email? Lets do this, boys.

Kickstarter.com is also another option for the company. Maybe have some incentives for people who chip in? company updates and direct contact with histogen could be a incentive. One of the issues with these companies is the lack of updates and contact we have. maybe if we chip in we can get monthly updates from gail keeping us constantly up to date. thats worth a donation in itself. If they are getting positive results and can show this with there clinical trial results they will be getting donations left right and center. Spencer could even inform people of the kickstarter on his show. Would make more sense then spencer setting up a paypal account and doing it that way. Kickstarter will get alot more attention.

Ill gladly donate at least $200. Perhaps again down the road again and more. It doesn't matter how much we collect over certain amount of time. You never know and we shouldn't care how much. Every bit helps. Beggars can't be choosers.
    Going thought spencer could be very beneficial and useful. His show had more listeners than active forums users. I'm one of them.

I'm all up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    Kickstarter.com is also another option for the company. Maybe have some incentives for people who chip in? company updates and direct contact with histogen could be a incentive. One of the issues with these companies is the lack of updates and contact we have. maybe if we chip in we can get monthly updates from gail keeping us constantly up to date. thats worth a donation in itself. If they are getting positive results and can show this with there clinical trial results they will be getting donations left right and center. Spencer could even inform people of the kickstarter on his show. Would make more sense then spencer setting up a paypal account and doing it that way. Kickstarter will get alot more attention.
    Sometimes there's just no new information to update us with - I think Histogen have done more in terms of updates than any other company will ever do! Whenever something comes up they come to us first and tell us! This is about helping them speed up the process by which they can bring the product to the market, and they can only do that with surplus funds.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Sometimes there's just no new information to update us with - I think Histogen have done more in terms of updates than any other company will ever do! Whenever something comes up they come to us first and tell us! This is about helping them speed up the process by which they can bring the product to the market, and they can only do that with surplus funds.
    thats what kickstarter does. Updates and constant contact was just an idea of a incentive, ofc they could do something else. kickstarter is absolutely huge atm. If histogen set up a kickstarter and it gets on the front page or around the web, news websites, twitter, youtube and the likes it will reach far more people then the TBT radio show. Again just an idea

Kickstarter is the way to go and it would be Histogen themselves who would have to set up a fund.

I'm sure they can post a thread with a link about it on BTT and Spencer will for sure promote it on his show.

The issue then is knowing how much goes to actual research and how much goes to salaries and overhead. I personally have no problem helping to fund this, but I doubt Histogen wants to be put into the position of answering to guys on the forum.

Histogen should definitely set up a Kickstarter or Indiegogo funding campaign. I think it'd do well, and not just off the back of the forums. Incentives could be anything from email updates, to being the first in line to get the treatment when it's available.

Well we should then email Gail RE: Kickstarter. She's asking for clarification on how we (the forum) could contribute.

Honestly, a site feature (to Donate) on the forum homepage (preferably Men's Hair Loss section), put in place by the BTT admins once the Kickstarter is in place would be most beneficial.