+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation Histogen Email - Funding Problems!

Hi Guys,

A friend of mine contacted Histogen a few days ago regarding an update for HSC, he asked questions related to the possibility of a Phase III trial in humans, how we as consumers could contribute to the success of HSC and also when it would likely be released to the public.

Unfortunately Histogen seem to be lagging due to funding issues, please see the email reply from CEO Gail Naughton herself and let me know what you think.

Hi,

The attached is the poster form of the presentation that was recently given at the International Investigative Dermatology meeting in Edinburgh.

The results are strong. We need to perform a large animal chronic toxicity test to support a Phase III trial with a total number of 100-150 injections.

I truly appreciate your offer to make HSC a success. The only factor that has slowed progress is lack of sufficient research funds to move forward quickly.

Any suggestions on that topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and take care,

Gail
    Gail has confirmed once again the strength of the findings, I feel the Phase IIb trial will be the animal toxicity tests and then a final Phase III trial will be conducted before it is released.

While I don't doubt the possibility that histogen has funding problems, a lot of this is fishy. Would the CEO herself really email a random person asking for updates when they probably have a number of people whose job it is to answer emails like that? If they truly were short on funding, there's no way the CEO would make it open to the general public...she would effectively scare off any potential investors.

I'd take this with a grain of salt and not flip out about it

Also doubt she'd ask for advice on raising funds from a random emailer...that's just not professional at all

UK who is your friend? Is he just a normal hair loss sufferer or is he a member of the medical community? I do remember seeing large animal trials listed in a presentation last year so that fact rings true to me. The only thing I do find odd is if this guy is just a regular joe then I can't imagine Gail Naughton corresponding with him in this way. This is the kind of correspondence you'd see more between friends. So is your friend a close acquaintence of Gail?

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcoffee View Post
    Also doubt she'd ask for advice on raising funds from a random emailer...that's just not professional at all
    Yes, very fishy. The only way she would do it would be in a case of severe desperation

She is a professional, and she knows how pushy armchair scientists are, very weird to be so open about the trials and then ask a nobody for help with funding

Funding is what stops most of these advances. It is a long and expensive process to bring a product like Histogen through trials and to the market. It's a daunting proposition for an investor because if the trial goes poorly, they risk losing every penny of their investment. If you guys are serious about moving this product forward, by all means invest if you are able. The management team at Histogen are top-notch, but unfortunately the timeline of their product will likely be dictated by their ability to find a partner/investor more than by their ability to execute the trials.

You can email her if you like her address can be found on the Histogen website:

http://www.histogen.com/aboutus/management_board.htm

gnaughton@histogeninc.com

It just takes a bit of common sense, something the above posters who are calling this "fishy information" are clearly lacking.

There have been a number of well informed posters on this website (Kiwi, bannana etc) who have sent/received information from Gail directly, it's only the people who are probably new to this website that are questioning the validity of the information, please dont let the fact that you're a newbie ruin good information!

Fair enough that you trust your friend. But to say all you need is common sense to analyze that email when everything about it is nonsensical...don't think so.

If its all true, then it's very unorthodox

Hope this means that Histogen isn't about to be bought out and then buried by big pharma.

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    Yes, very fishy. The only way she would do it would be in a case of severe desperation

She is a professional, and she knows how pushy armchair scientists are, very weird to be so open about the trials and then ask a nobody for help with funding
    Why dont you email her yourself, idiot, of course there are funding problems, even Dr Nigam stated this on an earlier post of his!

Morons like you are the ones that will ruin the potential of Histogen, you're depressing and lazy and probably lose at everything in life, we dont need people like you, we need people that can get things done.