+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Story

Red face My Story

Hi, my name is Paul and I'm losing my hair. I guess that sounds like I'm about to share at an AA meeting I've been listening to The Bald Truth religiously for six years and I'm glad Spencer finally decided to set up this website. I began to lose my hair at there age of 20 and progressed quickly for the first couple of years. At first I was reluctant to take Propecia because of all the stories about side effects, but after listing to the show for a few months and hearing about other guys who benefited from taking the medicine I decided to go for it.

It's been about 5 years since I started taking Propecia and for the most part I think that my hair loss slowed down a lot. It is basically the same as it was 5 years ago accept I don't think the texture is as good.

I'm always hoping that something new will be offered but for the meantime I think I'm very lucky to have done as well as I have.

I'm not the type of person to share my feelings about my hair loss with family or friends so I hope I can meet some people to share my issues with on this website.

Well that's my story. I know it's not the interesting but I don't know what else to write.

Thanks for listening!

Good to have you here Paul. Sorry to hear about the hair loss. I know exactly how you feel. I'm losing my hair too. I can hide mine pretty good though most of the time.

Smile Welcome to the forum Paul!

Hey man, I'm glad you joined the community! We decided to create this place to provide an honest, creditable resource for men and women just like yourself who might be looking for more than basic information on how to effectively treat hair loss. This is a safe place, and will remain a safe place for all of us dealing with this silent epidemic.

Thanks for taking the time to share your story!

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I'm looking forward to making some good friends here.

Hey Paul,

If there was a scale from 1 to 10 of how open someone is with their feelings, I'm about a 0. This is part of the reason why this has been such an inner struggle for me. It does feel good in some strange way to talk about this with other 'sufferers'.

I'm 32, started noticing thinning at the age of 24/25. Tried mild stuff like Nioxin, vitamins and sheer hope. I started taking propecia about 3 months ago with no side affects. I am also looking into getting a 4000 unit hair transplant from a surgeon recommended by this site. I can't over state how hair loss has affected me, it sucks pretty bad to put it simply.

Good luck

Smile

Hello Lefty,

It's good to have people to talk to who understand. I do look forward to Sunday nights to listen to the radio show(actaully watch). It's my therapy. I hope everything works out for you and I'm happy to be here in a strange way too.