+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Anyone had any success applying Minoxidil once a day??

I've been on Rogaine for about 3 months now, obviously it is way too early to see any results but I have not noticed any change yet, not even any shedding.

So I was wondering if anyone has had any decent results with one application per day?? As I am doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    I've been on Rogaine for about 3 months now, obviously it is way too early to see any results but I have not noticed any change yet, not even any shedding.

So I was wondering if anyone has had any decent results with one application per day?? As I am doing.
    I have always used it only once a day during the whole 16+ years I have been on it. Twice a day would be insane. By the way, the recommendation to use it twice a day was based on the halflife of minoxidil in the blood, which is very short (something like 4-5 hours). In the skin, it is 22 hours.

It is possible that some people must use it 2x daily to see results, but they are simply weaker responders. In this case, switching to 10% once daily would be much more reasonable.

Personally, I have never regrown anything worthy of note on minoxidil, but I rate it very highly for its ability to maintain hair.

I got my results with 1x application at night. I couldn't be bothered doing it in the morning.

I use it twice a day.

I wouldn't be getting the thickening of hairs i'm getting now if I was only using it once a day.

Thanks for the replies.

Chris - When did you start to see results?

WarLord - Do you think it helps to maintain everywhere on the ehad or just where you apply?

Were you never tempted to apply it twice to get better results?

Thanks for the replies.

WarLord - Do you think it helps to maintain everywhere on the ehad or just where you apply?

Were you never tempted to apply it twice to get better results?
    I have always applied it on the whole head (the areas normally affected by AGA) since I started in 1997, 3.5-4 ml at once. It would be very short-sighted to apply it only on thinning areas.

Well, it has some systemic effects: I grow unusually long eyebrows and I must cut them from time to time, but this is a small price for the 16+ years' maintenance of my NW 1.5 hairline. However, don't expect that minoxidil in the blood would do much.

I have never really thought about using it twice a day. I can't imagine that I would apply it in the morning and that I would have oily hair during the rest of the day. That's really insane. And I know that it wouldn't help anyway, because in 2011 I experimented with 15% minoxidil and I didn't regrow anything that would be worthy of note - only few thick hairs and few dozens of thin, lightly pigmented hairs that were of no cosmetic significance. In temples, even the strongest minoxidil solutions may not help much. It was only after the addition of anti-androgens that I experienced the first noticeable regrowth in my life.

Thanks for the replies.

I'd say about 6 months after starting. Had a crazy shed that probably put me on the fast track to a hair transplant!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I'd say about 6 months after starting. Had a crazy shed that probably put me on the fast track to a hair transplant!
    When did the shed start for you?

Before Minoxidil:

http://imgur.com/a/O2Ryu

After (once a day application)

It shocks me how bad my hair was before minoxidil!

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    I have always applied it on the whole head (the areas normally affected by AGA) since I started in 1997, 3.5-4 ml at once. It would be very short-sighted to apply it only on thinning areas.

Well, it has some systemic effects: I grow unusually long eyebrows and I must cut them from time to time, but this is a small price for the 16+ years' maintenance of my NW 1.5 hairline. However, don't expect that minoxidil in the blood would do much.

I have never really thought about using it twice a day. I can't imagine that I would apply it in the morning and that I would have oily hair during the rest of the day. That's really insane. And I know that it wouldn't help anyway, because in 2011 I experimented with 15% minoxidil and I didn't regrow anything that would be worthy of note - only few thick hairs and few dozens of thin, lightly pigmented hairs that were of no cosmetic significance. In temples, even the strongest minoxidil solutions may not help much. It was only after the addition of anti-androgens that I experienced the first noticeable regrowth in my life.
    I guess I have been avoidiong applying it to healthy areas to prevent them from shedding, so I am just applying it to the crown and a little bit on the temples. Guess I just need to stick with it and see how it goes.