+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    Chrisis, your hairloss is very similar to mine. Your hair texture looks very close to mine as well. It's my stubborn corners that are not responding to Minoxidil.

Didn't you go through a HT to fix this? How are your corners fairing now? I'm starting to think a transplant may be my only option at this point to fix my hairline.
    Yeah, the minoxidil didn't succeed in bringing my corners back so I opted for surgery.

I have been using 1x a day on the crown for 14 months and have had some regrowth and thickening. I have been using it on the rest for 6 months and have noticed minor thickening. This is along with nizoral 2% 2x/ week. I would say that it does work for maintenance and some regrowth and thickening. It depends on how aggressive your case is, I can't imagine it is completely halting my loss.

Once a day has been fine for me. BTW I honestly don't think minox can speed up mpb like some think. I do believe that it can "appear" to speed things up but there is a difference.

I say this because when my crown first began to to thin, it came on pretty fast. when I added 5 % I went through rapid growth/loss cycles. So at times it looked like thing were getting worse really fast. But the hair would regrow just as fast. The net result after about 1/5-2 years was I was still losing and continued to do so till I added propecia.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyBird View Post
    I have been using 1x a day on the crown for 14 months and have had some regrowth and thickening. I have been using it on the rest for 6 months and have noticed minor thickening. This is along with nizoral 2% 2x/ week. I would say that it does work for maintenance and some regrowth and thickening. It depends on how aggressive your case is, I can't imagine it is completely halting my loss.
    Isn't it an oxymoron? How can you continue to lose hair, when you observe thickening?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Yeah, the minoxidil didn't succeed in bringing my corners back so I opted for surgery.
    an important part to leave out from your initial post.

Just saying...

I'm going to try 1x a day instead of twice a day. I've some white stains on my scalp and it's itching alot. Guess it's from the minoxidil

Quote Originally Posted by cs2257 View Post
    an important part to leave out from your initial post.

Just saying...
    I hadn't had surgery in the 'after' photos here. The pics I posted are all related to minoxidil.

Default Hi did you experiecnce any side

Quote Originally Posted by warlord View Post
    i have always used it only once a day during the whole 16+ years i have been on it. Twice a day would be insane. By the way, the recommendation to use it twice a day was based on the halflife of minoxidil in the blood, which is very short (something like 4-5 hours). In the skin, it is 22 hours.

It is possible that some people must use it 2x daily to see results, but they are simply weaker responders. In this case, switching to 10% once daily would be much more reasonable.

Personally, i have never regrown anything worthy of note on minoxidil, but i rate it very highly for its ability to maintain hair.
    hi do you experiecnce any side effects during the 16 years use , like black circle , puffy face winkle , make you lool like years older than you actually are

Quote Originally Posted by MING View Post
    hi do you experiecnce any side effects during the 16 years use , like black circle , puffy face winkle , make you lool like years older than you actually are

I don't realize anything like that. Several months ago, one man guessed that I am 40. I am 41

Default Thanks for reply

Quote Originally Posted by warlord View Post
    i don't realize anything like that. Several months ago, one man guessed that i am 40. I am 41
    it just some people said those are the side effect of rogaine. I was a 7 years propecia user. Recently i experenced erection dyfuction . I was terrified. So now i swith to rogain. Man i really hope that it will help me to keep the hair i have that is all i ask for. Hair means so much to me.without hair will destroy my life. I belive you know how it feels . So do you have any side effect in alll these years ?