Anyone had any success applying Minoxidil once a day?? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42
  1. #1
    Senior Member Breaking Bald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At wits end...
    Posts
    593

    Question Anyone had any success applying Minoxidil once a day??

    I've been on Rogaine for about 3 months now, obviously it is way too early to see any results but I have not noticed any change yet, not even any shedding.

    So I was wondering if anyone has had any decent results with one application per day?? As I am doing.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    I've been on Rogaine for about 3 months now, obviously it is way too early to see any results but I have not noticed any change yet, not even any shedding.

    So I was wondering if anyone has had any decent results with one application per day?? As I am doing.
    I have always used it only once a day during the whole 16+ years I have been on it. Twice a day would be insane. By the way, the recommendation to use it twice a day was based on the halflife of minoxidil in the blood, which is very short (something like 4-5 hours). In the skin, it is 22 hours.

    It is possible that some people must use it 2x daily to see results, but they are simply weaker responders. In this case, switching to 10% once daily would be much more reasonable.

    Personally, I have never regrown anything worthy of note on minoxidil, but I rate it very highly for its ability to maintain hair.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Posts
    1,258

    Default

    I got my results with 1x application at night. I couldn't be bothered doing it in the morning.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,630

    Default

    I use it twice a day.

    I wouldn't be getting the thickening of hairs i'm getting now if I was only using it once a day.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Breaking Bald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At wits end...
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Thanks for the replies.

    Chris - When did you start to see results?

    WarLord - Do you think it helps to maintain everywhere on the ehad or just where you apply?

    Were you never tempted to apply it twice to get better results?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

    Chris - When did you start to see results?

    WarLord - Do you think it helps to maintain everywhere on the ehad or just where you apply?

    Were you never tempted to apply it twice to get better results?
    I have always applied it on the whole head (the areas normally affected by AGA) since I started in 1997, 3.5-4 ml at once. It would be very short-sighted to apply it only on thinning areas.

    Well, it has some systemic effects: I grow unusually long eyebrows and I must cut them from time to time, but this is a small price for the 16+ years' maintenance of my NW 1.5 hairline. However, don't expect that minoxidil in the blood would do much.

    I have never really thought about using it twice a day. I can't imagine that I would apply it in the morning and that I would have oily hair during the rest of the day. That's really insane. And I know that it wouldn't help anyway, because in 2011 I experimented with 15% minoxidil and I didn't regrow anything that would be worthy of note - only few thick hairs and few dozens of thin, lightly pigmented hairs that were of no cosmetic significance. In temples, even the strongest minoxidil solutions may not help much. It was only after the addition of anti-androgens that I experienced the first noticeable regrowth in my life.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Posts
    1,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

    Chris - When did you start to see results?
    I'd say about 6 months after starting. Had a crazy shed that probably put me on the fast track to a hair transplant!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Breaking Bald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At wits end...
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I'd say about 6 months after starting. Had a crazy shed that probably put me on the fast track to a hair transplant!
    When did the shed start for you?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Posts
    1,258

    Default

    Before Minoxidil:

    http://imgur.com/a/O2Ryu

    After (once a day application)



    It shocks me how bad my hair was before minoxidil!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Breaking Bald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At wits end...
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    I have always applied it on the whole head (the areas normally affected by AGA) since I started in 1997, 3.5-4 ml at once. It would be very short-sighted to apply it only on thinning areas.

    Well, it has some systemic effects: I grow unusually long eyebrows and I must cut them from time to time, but this is a small price for the 16+ years' maintenance of my NW 1.5 hairline. However, don't expect that minoxidil in the blood would do much.

    I have never really thought about using it twice a day. I can't imagine that I would apply it in the morning and that I would have oily hair during the rest of the day. That's really insane. And I know that it wouldn't help anyway, because in 2011 I experimented with 15% minoxidil and I didn't regrow anything that would be worthy of note - only few thick hairs and few dozens of thin, lightly pigmented hairs that were of no cosmetic significance. In temples, even the strongest minoxidil solutions may not help much. It was only after the addition of anti-androgens that I experienced the first noticeable regrowth in my life.
    I guess I have been avoidiong applying it to healthy areas to prevent them from shedding, so I am just applying it to the crown and a little bit on the temples. Guess I just need to stick with it and see how it goes.

Similar Threads

  1. Applying Minoxidil on Long Hair
    By spinny in forum Non Surgical Hair Replacement
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-03-2014, 08:45 AM
  2. Question about applying nizoral
    By aim4hair in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-17-2013, 02:22 AM
  3. Applying Minox On Campus
    By Proper in forum Off Topic Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-04-2013, 07:52 AM
  4. pls answer: does applying cause shed?
    By Ramazan in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 08:28 AM
  5. dandruff after applying minoxidil...
    By S.W in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 10:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Hair Restoration In Turkey
03-23-2018 09:35 AM
Last Post By Temnatse
Today 01:43 PM
Dr. Lindsey UTAH consultations Jan 29 and 30
01-19-2022 12:01 PM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
01-19-2022 12:01 PM
Hair transplant contraindications?
03-19-2021 06:53 AM
01-18-2022 06:58 AM
5 months post-op FUT and zero growth
01-15-2022 02:36 PM
by alucard
01-17-2022 09:05 PM