+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coconut Oil?

Default Coconut Oil?

Hey All,

Coconut oil has some great benefits, has anyone used it with their hair loss treatment? I have seen some articles on how it slows loss.

Any ideas?

Try adding Castor Oil to the mix

I'm 15 years old, so I don't have access to most hair loss-stoppers like duasteride, finasteride, and minox, but my dad massages my scalp with coconut oil every one to two days for 15 minutes. It does increase shedding a little bit on oiled days, but, atleast for me, it made my hair thicker and stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAYoungMan View Post
    I'm 15 years old, so I don't have access to most hair loss-stoppers like duasteride, finasteride, and minox, but my dad massages my scalp with coconut oil every one to two days for 15 minutes. It does increase shedding a little bit on oiled days, but, atleast for me, it made my hair thicker and stronger.

My friend (female) was suffering from very poor hair, thin etc and her hairdresser recommended using coconut oil in it 3 times a week, she was saying it made a good improvement to the quality of her hair after 9 months or so of using it, but she DID NOT suffer from hairloss just hair quality.

It might improve the appearance, but I think that's about it's

Well it certainly won't improve the current hair you have. I suppose if you use long enough, the nutrients will make new hair grow a bit stronger, maybe get it buzzed and try it. Just don't expect any regrowth whatsoever from it, if anything it will make it a bit thicker.

Use it on my face after the shower every day and also for my hair once a week. It probably won't do anything in regards to hair loss but it's a great conditioner for your scalp and hair.