+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Dean Saunders 3rd Treatment was his FINAL treatment?!?!?!

According to the Hasci site:

http://www.hasci.com/en/news-media/t...dean-saunders/

This was his 3rd and final treatment... If that's the best that they can do with someone of his baldness, then that is a little worrying...

Are there any pics of the 3400+ he's already had?

I'm quite sure that's not the max they can do. Kristel once explained it like this: With the second transplant they usually can get as many grafts as with the first. However starting with the 3rd, on average they yield 100 grafts less per each transplant.

Since they could still get as many grafts in the 3rd procedure as with the 1st, I conclude that his donor is very good and he should be able to get tons more.

Where can we see more pictures ? Isn't it that he hopes that these 3 procedures will be enough to give hem good coverage everywhere ? I think that makes more sense.

I say he needs one on the crown and another up front and he'll be in pretty good shape.

I never did think they'd be able to cover that area in 3 procedures. His head isn't huge or anything, but it's not the smallest area to cover.

two more 1,400-1,600 graft procedures and he'll be sitting pretty... or very close to it, like nw2.5

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post

Are there any pics of the 3400+ he's already had?
    Nope - actually, he had exactly 5138 HST grafts all in all - so far.

Read the full report in English ...

http://www.hasci.com/en/news-media/t...dean-saunders/

Snippet from the article:

"Just like Gerard Joling, Dean is now assured of a healthy head of hair, even though he says he'll probably keep shaving his head. That's something he'll be able to do for a long time to come, thanks to the guaranteed regrowth in the donor area and absolutely no scarring."

That means, 5138 HST grafts means also around 1000 hairless gaps already (if there was always around 80% donor regrowth) in his donor area. Imho - that's actually nothing IF a guy has a good donor quality (amount of grafts) in general.
    So I think they still could get again around 5138 grafts - and the latter is still Saunder's CHOICE/OPTION, I think.

Once again, speculation without facts! I suggest that someone who is in good contact with hasci just asks them. If its because of donor depletion or its saunders choice to stop it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by cocacola View Post
    Once again, speculation without facts! I suggest that someone who is in good contact with hasci just asks them. If its because of donor depletion or its saunders choice to stop it at this point.
    I'm 99% sure it must be his own decision. But I'll ask Kristel, hopefully will have an answer tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by cocacola View Post
    That's the big question.

When we first heard about Dean Saunder's procedure, a lot of people looked at it as an "educational" case. Dean is someone in the public eye at an advanced stage of hairloss and we would get to see exactly how much HASCI could do with a case like that. If this is truly his last procedure, then it's pretty disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    That's the big question.

When we first heard about Dean Saunder's procedure, a lot of people looked at it as an "educational" case. Dean is someone in the public eye at an advanced stage of hairloss and we would get to see exactly how much HASCI could do with a case like that. If this is truly his last procedure, then it's pretty disappointing.
    Doing 3 procedures, getting 1700 grafts each (which is a lot, he obviously has great donor) and then all of a sudden there are 0 grafts left in donor for transplantation ? That just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Anyway, I've asked Kristel, hopefully we'll know tomorrow