+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
    I just got a consultation - I wanted the 50 graft test but as my hair is apparently easy to extract and the 50 graft test loses them money in set-up and time they wouldn't agree to it
    I'm pretty sure they would agree to it if you asked them again.

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    I'm pretty sure they would agree to it if you asked them again.
    Well GC, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't, I sat there for 5-10 minutes arguing the toss with him but no joy.

It wasn't the doctor who would work on me that was against it particularly, she would have done it I believe, it was Dr Gho himself who came into the room and she deferred to for a decision that would not do it - and he was absolutely adamant about it.

Well GC, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't, I sat there for 5-10 minutes arguing the toss with him but no joy.

It wasn't the doctor who would work on me that was against it particularly, she would have done it I believe, it was Dr Gho himself who came into the room and she deferred to for a decision that would not do it - and he was absolutely adamant about it.

By now it clear they just hate being tested. Period.

but

Lets find another forum member and ask hasci to do it properly this time, 3rd time lucky

they cant refuse since they screwed it up 2 times already.

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    By now it clear they just hate being tested. Period.
    It had nothing to do with being tested, they didn't know who I was on the boards and I didn't enlighten them - at that time they seemed to have no idea of the discussions of the procedure on the forums so it would have been irrelevant to them.

The issue was about money - Dr Gho was of the opinion that extractions of my straight hair with my very pale skin were never going to be an issue. To set up for a 50 graft test I guess costs as much as setting up for a normal full HST, but of course the amount of money they earn for it is minuscule.

Basically Dr Gho wasn't prepared to do a loss leader test for what he regarded as a very straightforward case, needless to say I (politely) didn't agree with him.

If their problem is they are hiding something and really don't want to be tested why even offer the 50 graft trial to anybody ? Hardly any other clinic in the HT market offers that.

gho offers 50 graft test BUT hasci will never do 50 graft test that is heavily scrutinized by forum members just like they 'offer' to train doctors for 50k but in reality he rejects everyone who is involved in HT bc they know too much and will expose all weaknesses of his technique(bad for business/lawsuits)
    was he expecting plumbers and bus drivers to show interest in learning Hair stem cell transplant?

It had nothing to do with being tested, they didn't know who I was on the boards and I didn't enlighten them - at that time they seemed to have no idea of the discussions of the procedure on the forums so it would have been irrelevant to them.

The issue was about money - Dr Gho was of the opinion that extractions of my straight hair with my very pale skin were never going to be an issue. To set up for a 50 graft test I guess costs as much as setting up for a normal full HST, but of course the amount of money they earn for it is minuscule.

Basically Dr Gho wasn't prepared to do a loss leader test for what he regarded as a very straightforward case, needless to say I (politely) didn't agree with him.

If their problem is they are hiding something and really don't want to be tested why even offer the 50 graft trial to anybody ? Hardly any other clinic in the HT market offers that.
    You might not have told them you were on the boards, but when you requested the test they might have put two and two together.

Until I joined this forum I had no idea what a 50 graft test was. I highly doubt that someone who had no idea of the intricacies of grafting etc would ask for the 50 graft test. Hence they probably suspected you were a forum dweller.

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    You might not have told them you were on the boards, but when you requested the test they might have put two and two together.

Until I joined this forum I had no idea what a 50 graft test was. I highly doubt that someone who had no idea of the intricacies of grafting etc would ask for the 50 graft test. Hence they probably suspected you were a forum dweller.
    Nah, they were in a Dutch bubble, they literally didn't have a clue about the forum I was posting on at the time (not this one) and frankly I still don't think they care about them very much. They also spent 15 minutes going through the basics, which was understandable if you are a novice but obviously boring for me.

As for the 50 graft test, it's on the website, it 'appears' to be a general offer and is there to this day.

Nah, they were in a Dutch bubble, they literally didn't have a clue about the forum I was posting on at the time (not this one) and frankly I still don't think they care about them very much. They also spent 15 minutes going through the basics, which was understandable if you are a novice but obviously boring for me.

As for the 50 graft test, it's on the website, it 'appears' to be a general offer and is there to this day.
    Do you still want the 50 graft test? Deborah is doing my procedure this September, Gho won't even be around (holidays perhaps). Might be an idea to email her direct and just ask for the test in September.

If you want I can mention that I have a mate who is interested in getting the 50 graft test to see what she thinks? Just an idea!

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    Do you still want the 50 graft test? Deborah is doing my procedure this September, Gho won't even be around (holidays perhaps). Might be an idea to email her direct and just ask for the test in September.

If you want I can mention that I have a mate who is interested in getting the 50 graft test to see what she thinks? Just an idea!
    That's very kind of you indeed GC, but you would need to bring up the fact that Dr Gho was adamant that he wouldn't do it.

I don't want to cause her a problem or any embarrassment, because even if I didn't like the decision I accept that in a free market they have a perfect right to turn down a procedure - especially as the 50 graft trial is not a profit maker.