+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cocacola View Post
    @clarence

Thats another dean saunders, a welsh footballer. Now he is a coach
    Lol, that got me too, I was confused, Dean Saunders (the soccer player) has a great head of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    3) Regrowth is not 100% as everybody knows. After multiple treatments (in his case more than 3x 1700 grafts) the same visible disadvantages start to happen as with a FUE. If clients want to shave their hair totally bold, HASCI advises not to do more than 3 treatments.

I found that last point kind of shocking myself. I of course asked here what she meant here. Did she mean that somehow scarring becomes evident after 3 surgeries ? Or that donor gets thinner ? I don't get it. If regrowth is really 80%, then 5 transplants should equal 1 FUE. Most people can have a 2000 grafts FUE without any real visible damage to the donor (apart from scarring of course), so that should be 10.000 grafts with HST. Not 5000 grafts. So I'm very confused here. I gave her the opportunity to explain herself before posting this but she doesn't mail me back, even after I kindly sent her a reminder, so I figured I'd place it here anyway. Hopefully we'll learn more about this soon.
    Keep pushing mate with your questions. It might be worth asking your question to Deborah Smaal, she always gets back to me within a couple of hours.

I've got my 4th HST 14 weeks from now, hopefully another 1600 grafts, so that will take me to 4600 grafts.

I think after the next HST my donor will be visibly more depleted, mainly because I didn't have much to start with! My plan is to have 1600 this summer and 1400 next year. I can't see me being able to get more than that. If my donor is still looking good then of course I'll keep going, but I'm trying to be realistic too.

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    Keep pushing mate with your questions. It might be worth asking your question to Deborah Smaal, she always gets back to me within a couple of hours.

I've got my 4th HST 14 weeks from now, hopefully another 1600 grafts, so that will take me to 4600 grafts.

I think after the next HST my donor will be visibly more depleted, mainly because I didn't have much to start with! My plan is to have 1600 this summer and 1400 next year. I can't see me being able to get more than that. If my donor is still looking good then of course I'll keep going, but I'm trying to be realistic too.
    Hopefully she'll get back to me beginning next week. Usually she gets back to me within a day with always detailed answers but now she didn't. She mailed me wednesday that an anwer was coming soon, but I think that was more related to the request for the photo's of the 50 grafts test (which they now have in their possession, since their photographer came back from holiday, she told me she wanted to skim through them first before sending the best ones out, so hopefully we'll get those soon too).

She's probably just very busy so let's wait a few more (office) days. But I figured I'd just put her previous answer here since I feel it's an important thing for people to know that HASCI advices a max of 3 surgeries IF clients want to (be able to) shave their hair bold.

Rmbr we found real regrowth is 65% in donor, he had 5100+ grafts,around 1700 REAL grafts didn't grow so they just hit the limit.

Pity he still looks like a bald guy, his hairline sits too high, his face is not framed at all and crown is slick bald.
    people underestimate importance of normal looking hairline, he should get that lowered as you wouldn't want that grown out....hairline is not supposed to grow from midscalp

IMO he should finish it off with temp SMP but still try to get another 2 sessions to dust crown and get that freakin hairline where its supposed to be

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    Rmbr we found real regrowth is 65% in donor, he had 5100+ grafts,around 1700 REAL grafts didn't grow so they just hit the limit.
    I'd hate to speculate but I think you're right. It would be a good explanation for Kristel's words and consistent with our findings. 3 HST's = 1 FUE in terms of hairloss in donor. It would make a lot of sense. But let's hear what she comes up with.

Hasci could use some BHT/beard for crown(all he needs is a bit of stubble)+another 1000-1400 head hair to lower hairline and get Milena Lardi Smp for thickening effect

to me it looks like unfinished business, if i were dean I would not be happy with result..ok, he got it for free but everage Joe who works hard and spends 35K Euros wouldn't be too excited

we desperately need technique that will solve donor ,
    even if time and money is not an issue we still have donor limitation problem

Hasci could use some BHT/beard for crown(all he needs is a bit of stubble)+another 1000-1400 head hair to lower hairline and get Milena Lardi Smp for thickening effect

to me it looks like unfinished business, if i were dean I would not be happy with result..ok, he got it for free but everage Joe who works hard and spends 35K Euros wouldn't be too excited

HASCI gave him 5000 grafts where a FUE would have depleted his donor the same but would have given him only 1700 grafts and would have scarred his donor scalp. So why would Dean be disappointed ? In fact Kristel told me he expressed several times to them that he was extremely happy with the result. Of course this could be 'salesman talk' but Kristel really isn't like that, I do believe what she said to be true and that Dean is really happy. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be.

BTW, she also said that Dean might go back for more. I think he should do that anyway. Who cares if donor gets a bit thinner if you can solve the bold area in your crown with it ? I also totally understand why GC is going back for more, I'd do the same.

That I agree with. HST is not the holy grail. But it's still the best thing we have. Well, of course unless you believe what Dr Nigams is claiming is true, hopefully we'll know more about that soon

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    I'd hate to speculate but I think you're right. It would be a good explanation for Kristel's words and consistent with our findings. 3 HST's = 1 FUE in terms of hairloss in donor. It would make a lot of sense. But let's hear what she comes up with.
    I hope this can be clarified as I'm open to getting myself a HST, depending on other developments.