+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

didn't he have procedures before HST too?

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Doing 3 procedures, getting 1700 grafts each (which is a lot, he obviously has great donor) and then all of a sudden there are 0 grafts left in donor for transplantation ? That just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Anyway, I've asked Kristel, hopefully we'll know tomorrow
    I agree but I don't understand why he'd stop either. His hair line is still too high and there's plenty of room for more density. Overall, it's not much of an improvement over where he started. Money shouldn't be an issue for him so I don't understand why he wouldn't go all the way with this after already having 3 procedures.

Hopefully you can get some answers from Kristel.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    I agree but I don't understand why he'd stop either.
    True ... I'd definitely go back at least 2 more times.

Same thing goes btw for Gerard Joling. I don't understand why he's not going back for more ... But maybe from an artist point of view, who's in the "spotlight", the downtime and the shaving of the hairs is just a too big of an issue to do it 4-5 times in a row ? Anyway, curious to find out what Kristel says about it.

Well for saunders hes been a blown out nw MAX all his life. And thats what his style is. I dont think that he want to go through 10 procedures for a tom cruise hairline. His image would change also. All his fan base knows him as a bald shaved guy, and all of a sudden he has long hair. That would hurt his image imo.

Also this is something posted by IM on hairsite back when saunders had his first operation

"In consultation with Dean, there are three treatments planned over a longer period of time. The multiple treatments are necessary for Dean to achieve the desired amount of hair and the breaks between treatments gives the donor area the opportunity to regenerate completely. "

So they basically have planned 3 operations, this means that that 3rd hst is the final according to the initial plan. Maybe more will come, but it would be great to get some info from kristel!

Quote Originally Posted by cocacola View Post
    Well for saunders hes been a blown out nw MAX all his life. And thats what his style is. I dont think that he want to go through 10 procedures for a tom cruise hairline. His image would change also. All his fan base knows him as a bald shaved guy, and all of a sudden he has long hair. That would hurt his image imo.
    Then what's with all the pictures which we get when we type "Dean Saunders" into google images? Lots pics, some recent, where he has this full head of hair, and nearly juvenile, Tom Cruise hairline? Wigs? Toupés? Drugs?

"In consultation with Dean, there are three treatments planned over a longer period of time. The multiple treatments are necessary for Dean to achieve the desired amount of hair and the breaks between treatments gives the donor area the opportunity to regenerate completely. "

So they basically have planned 3 operations, this means that that 3rd hst is the final according to the initial plan. Maybe more will come, but it would be great to get some info from kristel!
    In addition to that, it might be a commercial thing. Obviously they made a deal that they'd give him 3 operations for free if they could document everything. Maybe he wants more and is going for more but just not for free anymore and hence no documentation ? But then again, that might be a stupid thing for Gho to do.

Anyway, I'm going to stop speculating Will let you know once Kristel replies.

@clarence

Thats another dean saunders, a welsh footballer. Now he is a coach

@clarence

Thats another dean saunders, a welsh footballer. Now he is a coach
    Oh, sorry... I did see pictures of them both, without realizing they were two different people. Poor visual skills, I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    In addition to that, it might be a commercial thing. Obviously they made a deal that they'd give him 3 operations for free if they could document everything. Maybe he wants more and is going for more but just not for free anymore and hence no documentation ? But then again, that might be a stupid thing for Gho to do.

Anyway, I'm going to stop speculating Will let you know once Kristel replies.
    So what?

There is a new TV show with Dean Saunders available ...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

... and Saunders is talking about his new hair and finally also about his untreated tonsure/crown area (the other guy is asking him) - but I don't understand what he is saying/replied...

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    So what?
    Yeah I know, it takes very long to get a reply from Kristel. Not sure what's going on. Last time she emailed me something, but I wanted to find out more about it before posting, but since it's taking so long, I figure I'd go ahead. This is what she said:

There are 3 reasons:

1) He cares mainly about the frontal view, he didn't care much about his crown
    2) Like I already figured, the 3 surgeries where part of a marketing deal they made with him
    3) Regrowth is not 100% as everybody knows. After multiple treatments (in his case more than 3x 1700 grafts) the same visible disadvantages start to happen as with a FUE. If clients want to shave their hair totally bold, HASCI advises not to do more than 3 treatments.

I found that last point kind of shocking myself. I of course asked here what she meant here. Did she mean that somehow scarring becomes evident after 3 surgeries ? Or that donor gets thinner ? I don't get it. If regrowth is really 80%, then 5 transplants should equal 1 FUE. Most people can have a 2000 grafts FUE without any real visible damage to the donor (apart from scarring of course), so that should be 10.000 grafts with HST. Not 5000 grafts. So I'm very confused here. I gave her the opportunity to explain herself before posting this but she doesn't mail me back, even after I kindly sent her a reminder, so I figured I'd place it here anyway. Hopefully we'll learn more about this soon.