+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Dead MacBook

  1. #1
    Senior Member Shan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    366

    Default Dead MacBook

    Ok, I know this is totally off topic but since this is the only forum I actually have time for, I need to vent and need advice.
    My MacBook Pro has suddenly turned off and can't turn it back on. After spending nearly 2 grand on it and having it only 6 months, I mean what the ****. I phoned apple who apologised for this happening and said they'll fix it but I really don't want them opening up a machine that is more or less brand new and fiddling with it.

  2. #2
    Senior Member baldozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bald Head Island
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    Ok, I know this is totally off topic but since this is the only forum I actually have time for, I need to vent and need advice.
    My MacBook Pro has suddenly turned off and can't turn it back on. After spending nearly 2 grand on it and having it only 6 months, I mean what the ****. I phoned apple who apologised for this happening and said they'll fix it but I really don't want them opening up a machine that is more or less brand new and fiddling with it.
    If its brand new, then it must be on warranty! So they should fix it without charging any money.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Shan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    366

    Default

    It is under warranty but I really don't want them taking it apart, I'd rather have a new one.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    I ain't tellin'
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Often they won't take it apart, but instead just give you a new one. I know they do that with iPhone and iPad battery replacements.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    I ain't tellin'
    Posts
    74

    Default

    What exactly are you asking here? I mean, it's obvious that you need to take it in, there's no other course of action to pursue.

    Also, this thread belongs in "off topic discussions", not "start your own topic".

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    Ok, I know this is totally off topic but since this is the only forum I actually have time for, I need to vent and need advice.
    My MacBook Pro has suddenly turned off and can't turn it back on. After spending nearly 2 grand on it and having it only 6 months, I mean what the ****. I phoned apple who apologised for this happening and said they'll fix it but I really don't want them opening up a machine that is more or less brand new and fiddling with it.
    You sure it is a genuine one and not fake? It might look the same but what about inside...

    Where did you buy it?

  7. #7
    Senior Member Shan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    You sure it is a genuine one and not fake? It might look the same but what about inside...

    Where did you buy it?
    I bought it direct from apple. Anyway you can't activate your warranty with a fake serial number.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    I bought it direct from apple. Anyway you can't activate your warranty with a fake serial number.
    That's good news.

    I hope you get it fixed soon because the forum needs your valuable posts.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Shan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    That's good news.

    I hope you get it fixed soon because the forum needs your valuable posts.
    Funny

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    Funny
    You are a bit paranoid pal I was being serious.

    Is that you in your avatar?

    He looks familiar, reminds me of a fella in my local market selling dodgy phones..

Similar Threads

  1. Hair fall stopped dead, 4 months on fin.
    By TheNitwon in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-29-2014, 09:33 AM
  2. I'm dead serious....
    By EXprettyboy in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 07:15 AM
  3. shiny scalp=dead follicles??
    By Ramazan in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2011, 04:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads