+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Actually I was just reading back on Team Tokyo's work, and they used cultured DP cells as well ( http://www.gizmag.com/adult-stem-cel...therapy/22228/ ). So I'm not sure what's new here !?!

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post

So I'm not sure what's new here !?!
    That's a good question: What's new here?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19761392

They, for example, said also in 2009 that they solved "a major technical obstacle" with DP cells.

So where is the cure??

So now that we have established that you need to use a 3D spheroid to grow follicles... will we have to wait ANOTHER 5 years?

And then when 5 years are up... they will come out with another reason why it hasnt worked and another method... then we will wait ANOTHER 5 YEARS....

We have been saying for years you need to use a 3D spheroid (we used to use the term scaffold on this site) so the cells know exactly what they're supposed to be doing. There was also member called HairTalk that used to say it all the time!

It's the reason why the DP cell injections are only working well in areas of diffuse thinning, because the [natural] scaffolds are already present in the scalp however after a very very long time of being bald the body destroys the (not in use) minaturized scaffolds (hair follicles), hence why slick bald regions wont grow hair with DP injections!

None of this is new, it can and does work, my only question is: why are we still waiting?

Reading back Team Tokyo's work, it seems they grew human hair but on mouse skin. Jahoda et al grew it on human skin, transplanted onto SCID mice. So that's probably the difference.

Arashi,
    You are missing a few key new developments here,which are far ahead of tsujis work.

I listened to TSUJI'S lead researcher's presentation at WCHR,UK..Koh Tyoshima
    FULLY FUNCTIONAL HAIR FOLLICLE REGEN THROUGH REARRANGEMENT OF STEMCELLS AND THEIR NICHES... How exactly did they do this?THE TSUJI LAB..
    To produce the cells, the scientists undertook the following steps:
    • Harvested epithelial stem cells and mesenchymal cells from adult mouse hair follicles.
    • Growing the two cell types together, the team engineered “seed” hair follicles.
    • When transplanted, these seed follicles made whisker-type hair.
    • Turning to human cells, they collecting cells from the scalps of men with male pattern baldness.
    • They then created a “seed” hair follicle by combining adult epithelial stem cells and dermal papilla cells from a normal mouse. Both cells types are basic cells that are found in the skin; dermal papilla are nipple-like projections at the base of hairs.
    • The scientists then transplanted the cells into the back of mice genetically engineered to be bald.
    • 28 bioengineered follicle germs were transplanted to a 1 centimeter- (0.39 inch-) circular patch of skin. This was meant to recreate what’s considered a normal hair density — about 120 hair shafts per square centimeter (0.15 square inch) or 60-100 hair shafts per square centimeter.

...and jahoda is talking about pure dp3d spheroidal culture injections and not adding any epithelial stemcells to create human hair follicle on sicd mouse with adrogenitic human skin..
    That means jahoda is taliking about only use of dp /ds trichogenic cultured cells..and that to growing hair on human AGA skin..as against TSUJIlab...growing hair on genetically balded mouse skin..HUGE DIFFERENCE...

FOCUS IN REGEN OF HAIR FOLLICLE HAS SHIFTED FROM BULGE STEMCELL ...TO THIS NICHE...DP/DSC CELLS AND HOW TO HAVE THEM IN TRICHOGENIC/AGGREGATED/ENCAPSULATED STATE..NOW HAIR FOLLICLE CAN BE FORMED FROM HAIR SEED THAT IS DP/DSC..WITH OR WITHOUT EPITHELIAL STEMCELL INJECTION..ALTHOUGH MORE THE MERRIER ,HENCE I USE BOTH EPITHELIAL AND DP/DSC CULTURE...I AM LUCKY TO BE ONLY CLINIC OR PERSON IN THE WORLD INJECTING DP CULTURE ON REAL PATIENTS ..OTHERS ARE INJECTING ON MICE..AND FEW ON CLINICAL TRIAL...I CAN SEE IMPROVEMENT IN MY HM WITH DP CELL INJECTION...AND HOPE FUL OF FURTHER IMPROVEMENT WITH 3D SPHEROIDAL DP/DS CULTURE/AGGREGATEDCULTURE..SHORTLY..HAVE ALOOK AT A CASE OF PURE STEMCELL INJ RESULT I POSTED AT..THE OTHER FORUM

OTE=Arashi;123746]This I don't understand though. Isn't this exactly what Team Tokyo did ? They, just like these researchers, grew human HF on SCID mice. From what I understand the only difference is that Team Tokyo used existing DP cells, where these researches succeeded at using cultured DP cells (via growing them in 3d spheres). Which is of course a HUGE thing, since we need to be able to multiply these cells.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by drnigams View Post
    AND HOPE FUL OF FURTHER IMPROVEMENT WITH 3D SPHEROIDAL DP/DS CULTURE/AGGREGATEDCULTURE..
    So you want to use Jahoda's finding of 3d culturing, on humans ? That sounds quite interesting. When are you planning to start doing that ?

Also, what exactly does it mean that only partial restoration of inductivity was accomplished by Jahoda ? Does this mean only a subset of cells will really form HF's ? And if so, do you have any idea what percentage that would be ?

UK,
    Positive Progress towards MPB is encouraging ,
    from my point of view it is very close to cure..not 5 years away...

1)Have a look at my post(on other forum) of 4 months result of my old protocol of pure HM injection..and these results need consistency..

2)Improved results are happening with addition of trichogenic fresh non cultured (versican,alkpo4 positive marker for dp trchogenecity) injections which we are already giving since last two moths in 2013 itself..

3)Further improvements should be seen, as we give our first 2d culture injection to our patient on 1st week of june 2013...

4)We will start our 3D SPHEROIDAL DP CULTURE from 2nd week of june and should be giving the first injection by august 2013itself..this we hope as per Jahoda's study and my personal observation of results with dp cells ,should improve HM therapy at my clinic significantly...

5)Everyone is waiting for HISTOGEN(which hopefully should be good), when infact we are giving same growth factors,( the difference is histogen getting these growth factors secreted in embryonic and hypoxic state)since last two months in 2013 itself...

6)Regards donor doubling..a paper was published titled UNLIMITED HAIR TRANSPLANT BY JAPANESE GUYS at WCHR,2013...confirming my and others principle on doubling.
    .i already posted one case with tattoo and serial photoss of creating 90 follicles from 23 in recipient and donor combine...in 2013 itself...
    Few other docs are also working on doubling...

7)Scarless FUE/or reduced FUT scar is too small a topic to mention as it is very easily achievable..if anyone knows even little bit of power of stemcells/dp cells/ecm/growth factors..in wound healing..burn surgeons are using even today..Those not using..it is their problem..even acell can give virtually scarless fue...

8)Topical finasteride and other topicals are not far away..swiss company just presented the same..fortunately one lady in india has presented a lot of material regarding chitosan based topical delivery(will speak to her next month).
    .than there is electropolation cellular targetted delivery etc. available by clinics to use,if they wish...
    SO lets aggresively discuss,debate,search,help each other,....rather than leg pulling and being pessimistic..which will take us into more dispair for others to make profit from our suffering...

I am already thankful
    to few members in two forums where i post...and few of them have been helping me..outside the forum, as they are biotechs themselves...or street smart posters like many of you....

There was this BBC science reporter lecture at iid,uk conference..
    DR MICHAEL MOSLEY..series on BBC showing MEDICAL MAVERICS...talking about numerous SELF EXPERIMENTERS..WHO helped make MAJOR MEDICAL BREAKTHROUGH DISCOVERIES...

Harmonius cooperative effort, towards MPB CURE ..will make things faster and easier..

ANYTHING A MIND CAN CONCIEVE AND BELIEVE IT CAN ACHIEVE..
    AS YOU THINKTH..SO SHALL BE....is what i believe is scientifically true statement....

[QU OTE=UK_;123781]So now that we have established that you need to use a 3D spheroid to grow follicles... will we have to wait ANOTHER 5 years?

And then when 5 years are up... they will come out with another reason why it hasnt worked and another method... then we will wait ANOTHER 5 YEARS....

We have been saying for years you need to use a 3D spheroid (we used to use the term scaffold on this site) so the cells know exactly what they're supposed to be doing. There was also member called HairTalk that used to say it all the time!

It's the reason why the DP cell injections are only working well in areas of diffuse thinning, because the [natural] scaffolds are already present in the scalp however after a very very long time of being bald the body destroys the (not in use) minaturized scaffolds (hair follicles), hence why slick bald regions wont grow hair with DP injections!

None of this is new, it can and does work, my only question is: why are we still waiting?
    [/QUOTE]

Just ordered matrigel for making spheroids,chang media and hanging drop system..should start 3d spheroidal culture by 1st week of june and give first injection by august 2013.
    As you know I am impressed with Jahoda and Fuchs work..i think their research is APPLICATION FOCUS...

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    So you want to use Jahoda's finding of 3d culturing, on humans ? That sounds quite interesting. When are you planning to start doing that ?

Quote Originally Posted by drnigams View Post
    Just ordered matrigel for making spheroids,chang media and hanging drop system..should start 3d spheroidal culture by 1st week of june and give first injection by august 2013.
    As you know I am impressed with Jahoda and Fuchs work..i think their research is APPLICATION FOCUS...
    That's quite exciting If you could translate their findings directly into your clinic, then I'm sure you'll be making tons of people happy