+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by drnigams View Post
    Just ordered matrigel for making spheroids,chang media and hanging drop system..should start 3d spheroidal culture by 1st week of june and give first injection by august 2013.
    As you know I am impressed with Jahoda and Fuchs work..i think their research is APPLICATION FOCUS...
    should start 3d spheroidal culture by 1st week of june
    very, very impressive.

It's a bit of a side topic, but I just found this video of Dr. Nigam on YouTube. It's a couple of years old but it's a nice little clip of an interview on Carry on Shekhar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-mNyHwUE1o

Thank you for all of your time and effort, Dr. Nigam. The information that you've given us after having attended the World Congress for Hair Research 2013 is very much appreciated.

I look forward to hearing more from you.
    Last edited by KJ1982; 05-18-2013 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Addition to post.

Thanks kj.
    The day the MPB cure is decphered by anyone....i will be out of hair industry..my ceo will handle it..and i will move on...to the next thing which can creatively satisfy...

Quote Originally Posted by KJ1982 View Post
    It's a bit of a side topic, but I just found this video of Dr. Nigam on YouTube. It's a couple of years old but it's a nice little clip of an interview on Carry on Shekhar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-mNyHwUE1o

Thank you for all of your time and effort, Dr. Nigam. The information that you've given us after having attended the World Congress for Hair Research 2013 is very much appreciated.

I look forward to hearing more from you.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Also, what exactly does it mean that only partial restoration of inductivity was accomplished by Jahoda ? Does this mean only a subset of cells will really form HF's ? And if so, do you have any idea what percentage that would be ?
    We'd have to read the full poster (or better yet a paper) but quite possibly not even Jahoda et al know the percentage at this stage. They just saw some inductive power in the spheroid DP cells. But yeah, the most likely explanation is that only some of the cells are inductive, because only some of them were in the right conditions.

But that is not really important at this stage. Think of this as an 'ad hoc' test of their theory. It wasn't optimised, it was simply to test the theory in the quickest and easiest manner.

Spheroids are probably not the answer here, they are not the optimal solution. But the discovery will allow them to go back and look at what the spheroids have in common with the human body, and try to recreate the HF neogenesis conditions. This proves that there is some other factor involved in making DP cells inductive.

Skepticism is healthy at this point and obviously we have all had our hopes dashed so many times before that none of us baldies should be booking appointments at the hairdresser in advance just yet... but the huge news here is that if you can restore DP/DSC cells to full inductive potential then we potentially have a cure. That has been known for 10 years or so now - we just never knew why they lost their inductive potential in the first place, or how to get it back.

Even better, this technology is readily adaptable to Tsuji, Aderans and Replicel. You simply replace their current cell multiplying process with Jahoda's process.

Remember how confident Replicel were in pre-clinical about restoring a full head of hair? That's because that's what should have happened with fully inductive cells. It didn't, and like with Aderans and Intercytex the problem was probably the multiplied cells losing inductive potential. ICX did try to come up with a method to fix it, but it obviously failed.

Restore that, and you potentially restore the Replicel dream.

Just ordered matrigel for making spheroids,chang media and hanging drop system..should start 3d spheroidal culture by 1st week of june and give first injection by august 2013.
    As you know I am impressed with Jahoda and Fuchs work..i think their research is APPLICATION FOCUS...

You have earned my Respect nigams, for the Pioneering attempts.

If you can achieve this, you have a powerful tool in your hands.

Unlimited ability to create new hairgrowth!

culturing 10 dermal papillas for 20 weeks, can cure a whole army, with some tweaking(for the AGA scalp), since aga scalp is not the same as mice skin.

I believe these factors are easy to overcome, knowing the difference between aga./ non aga area.

goodluck, and keep us updated.

Thanks kj.
    The day the MPB cure is decphered by anyone....i will be out of hair industry..my ceo will handle it..and i will move on...to the next thing which can creatively satisfy...
    It's a shame you catch so much flack from people. I think you're invaluable to the cause of solving MPB and these forums.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatalis View Post

It's a shame you catch so much flack from people.
    No. The problem is rather that there are too much naive kids on these forums - believing fairy tales without questioning them. That's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    No. The problem is rather that there are too much naive kids on these forums - believing fairy tales without questioning them. That's the problem.
    God damn, this is the epitome of selective. There's been a TON of questioning towards Nigam.

Hehe. There sure seem to be a lot of naieve kids here. who hail Nigams without any reliable proof. The - "Oh my god he was on a photo with Jahoda" - type of kids, lol. But then again, at least Nigams is trying (hard !) and if he can do experiments on humans that the rest of the world can't, because of restrictive laws and/or ethical codes, then he might proof a VERY valuable asset to the hairloss community. And besides that, I just love how he's become the ears and eyes of this forum on important events. So let's forget about the past and let's see what Nigams can come up with !

you seem the only person on this forum, that does not want to move the cure forward, which is very obvious. Sounds like a conflicting interest to me.

secondly I have noticed, you are 24/7 promoting some clinic in the Netherlands.. (at least their procedure).

due to this reason, the hair industry is still 20 years behind the science. medicine manufactures destroy, or buy off all the good developments.

so that.
    1. People keep depended of drugs they have to take everyday ($$)
    2. ht surgeons, keep preforming their oldschool tasks.

I think your role on this forum has become clear now.