+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Eight months in and still thin on top

Hi Guys,

It's been about nearly 8 months now since I had my FUE. I have hair, whereas I had no hair at all on top before. I also have a hairline which has changed my appearance dramatically. However, it is not thick as I had hoped for. I have 3,400 grafts, so I would have expected a bit more thickness. Under light you can really see how thin it is. I also sometimes notice that it feels thicker in some months more than others, as if like I am losing hair. However, it feels a lot less thin now then it felt, say 2 months ago.

I also got myself a hair cut after 6 months. I needed to as I felt it looked like a comb over, which I hated.

Anyway, I know a lot of people recommend using things like Regaine etc after FUE. My clinic did not recommend things like that, and when I asked, they said, you should not really need to use such products. Anyway, if it will help boost my growth, I will consider it.

I would appreciate people's opinion on this. Thank you.

Still too early to judge yet so don't panic.

If you've had a cosmetic difference then it sounds like you are on track.

Before and after pics would help a lot and where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by thinkingaboutit View Post
    Hi Guys,

It's been about nearly 8 months now since I had my FUE. I have hair, whereas I had no hair at all on top before. I also have a hairline which has changed my appearance dramatically. However, it is not thick as I had hoped for. I have 3,400 grafts, so I would have expected a bit more thickness. Under light you can really see how thin it is. I also sometimes notice that it feels thicker in some months more than others, as if like I am losing hair. However, it feels a lot less thin now then it felt, say 2 months ago.

I also got myself a hair cut after 6 months. I needed to as I felt it looked like a comb over, which I hated.

Anyway, I know a lot of people recommend using things like Regaine etc after FUE. My clinic did not recommend things like that, and when I asked, they said, you should not really need to use such products. Anyway, if it will help boost my growth, I will consider it.

I would appreciate people's opinion on this. Thank you.
    Hi and welcome.

Can you post up some pics so we know where you started and what you look like now?

What NW were you when you had the procedure ?

p.s. How much does it cost to have 3400 grafts FUE ? thats a lot of grafts for FUE.

Hi, there is definitely a big difference. On the Norwood Scale I was in between 5A to 6. I had no hair at all in the front. Now I have hair, although, as I said recently it feels thin. Even my wife has started to notice. She used to say it's just me and my mind. I am not panicking, at the same time, I would like to know if some people lose hair after growth. I will try to post some pictures.

I felt that that it may be too early to judge, and thought you guys may say the same thing. But I just needed someone else s opinion.

Before my TP, I had been shaving my head daily, religiously, for 7 years. So when I had my TP done, I thought about the worst case scenario, that I would go back to shaving my head, and maybe lose 2K. For me it was worth the risk.

@drybone, I was told I would need about 5,000 - 5,500 grafts. I was also advised that if I felt I wanted it, I could have a second procedure after a year or year and half to get the crown area, and any touch up's done. I did not do my crown as I felt that was less important. It cost me just under £2,000 to get 3,400 grafts done, by a German Hospital based in Turkey. This is not a back alley job. If you saw this hospital, it's like a 5 star hotel. I have posted about this before. If you read my previous threads then you will find the info. However, I am not into promoting any company, and for me it's too early to say whether it's been a success.

Now back to Regaine question. Anyone who has had FUE done, what's your opinion on using it? Would you recommend that I use it give it a boost? I would love to hear some answers on the Regaine question.

Thank you.

Hi Guys, Just a quick update. Now I am noticing drastic baldness. It feels like on a daily basis I am shedding loads of hair. I don't know why, and I am not noticing it on my pillow or anything. It's no longer just me thinking it, other people are noticing it. I don't know what to do. I will contact the clinic.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by thinkingaboutit View Post
    Hi, there is definitely a big difference. On the Norwood Scale I was in between 5A to 6. I had no hair at all in the front. Now I have hair, although, as I said recently it feels thin..
    Probably because it is thin
    People , me too, go the HT route thinking one session will give them the same density they had when they were younger .
    Not tuntil they do it , they realize , it isn't going to happen and you need multiple procedures.
    You mention that you used to buzz your hair , it you can still do it , go for it and forget about your hair loss
    I did

Unless you get a shitton of grafts, its going to look noticably better, but then you'll slowly realize it is still thin and unless you keep it short, thin hair looks bad.

5000 grafts on a NW 6? Did you understand the numbers before having a procedure? You had 3400 grafts, what was the square area in cm of the recipient area?

I had 1333 grafts. Strange number but I was originally only having 1000. I am a norwood three.

Turns out , nowhere near enough density for the small line I had rebuilt, but with dermmatch and kaboki, It now looks great.

My opinion (without photos) is where you once had 40000 hairs, you now have 3400.