+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

thinkin,

I trust that you are first cutting the Proscar which comes at 5 mg strength.

Best wishes again to you.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

after saying a day before there deff some diff in front now you say day later you say your shedding lot and people are starting to know i think your just panicing ?

sry mate that last post i was on bout was from were you said last month that there deff was diff but then day later you said you were shedding lot and that people were noticing it so has there been much of diff this month?

here what one lad says in another forum he had his hair transplant in turkey to;
    i.e : friend of mine never took a thing after HT ,he was only fully happy with the result at the 10th month. Up untill then he though the grafts were dead. so dont panic just yet thinkingboutit

You didn't by any chance have your hair transplant down with beauty travels 24 did you? Also if you had a bad result with a clinic I would almost never suggest returning to them for another procedure even if they were paying you.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thinkingaboutit View Post
    Hi Guys,

It's been about nearly 8 months now since I had my FUE. I have hair, whereas I had no hair at all on top before. I also have a hairline which has changed my appearance dramatically. However, it is not thick as I had hoped for. I have 3,400 grafts, so I would have expected a bit more thickness. Under light you can really see how thin it is. I also sometimes notice that it feels thicker in some months more than others, as if like I am losing hair. However, it feels a lot less thin now then it felt, say 2 months ago.

I also got myself a hair cut after 6 months. I needed to as I felt it looked like a comb over, which I hated.

Anyway, I know a lot of people recommend using things like Regaine etc after FUE. My clinic did not recommend things like that, and when I asked, they said, you should not really need to use such products. Anyway, if it will help boost my growth, I will consider it.

I would appreciate people's opinion on this. Thank you.
    Rogaine helps a little. I'm surprised your clinic does not recommend Rogaine. It helps with the blood circulation. Growth comes in so gradually that it is common for patients to be concerned before the 12 month period when a full result is usually achieved. If your clinic took good clear post-op photos a side by side image comparison can be reassuring. Take several hi-res photos and send them to your clinic. They should be able to make a photo composite for you to evaluate.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant Atlanta
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 10:50 AM.

greatjob why you say was it beauty travels 24? do you know much bout them ??

Quote Originally Posted by irishpaddyman View Post
    greatjob why you say was it beauty travels 24? do you know much bout them ??
    I haven't heard much of anything good about them. They are some sort of booking agent for the hospital in turkey. The real issue I have is you have no idea who is going to perform your surgery. You should make you decision on where to have surgery based on the doctor and his/her long long track record of producing consistently outstanding results, not how fancy the facilities are, price, bells whistles, blah blah. When it comes down to it the only thing that matters is the results, and by paying a company to randomly select a surgeon for you is crap shoot. I personally don't want to leave something as important as a hair transplant up to chance.

The only people you should be looking at when planning a hair transplant is the doctor. If you want to go to Turkey there are some outstanding doctors there like Dr. Hakan Doganay, Dr. Koray Erdogan, and Dr. Keser and there prices are very resonable.

Could not agree more. You definitely want to know who the surgeon will be and not leave it to chance. The large hair mills are notorious for doing this.

On the day of surgery they introduce the patient to an unknown doctor who in many cases is new to HT surgery and trying to gain experience and practice.

Many new patients simply go along with this switch at the last minute and get the procedure done. The results then can be a crapshoot.

Do not let anyone play musical chairs on you the day you show up for surgery. Confirm your surgeon before you leave home.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Just as quick update for you all. I was a mixture of panic/worry/high expectation.

Considering what it looked like before and after, it's worlds apart. I have hair now, yes, it may not be as thick as I had hoped, but considering my level of baldness it's pretty good. All the major clinics told me I would need 2 or 3 procedures, so for 1 procedure, I should be happy. Most said I would need 3 procedures. Some even said it would not be possible.

In short, I am happy. I have no regrets in doing this. If I did have regrets it would be the following: a) I wish I had done it at a younger age b) I wish I had done at with a more reputable surgeon, because then it would take away that niggly question in my mind would it have been even better!

What's done is done and I am happy for now

As always, thank you all.