+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

I just mainly had the front and the middle done. I spoke to the clinic via email. I am losing hair that was grafted, which they say should not be happening. The transplanted hairs themselves should not be falling out now. They fall out up to 3 months after the operation. But not after the 3 month period. They advised me to use Minoxidil and take pictures, and wait until 10-12 months. After that I would be entitled to a re-operation under guarantee.

Anyway, all I can do is wait and see. I am very surprised by this/

I agree. A NW 6 would need to have sparse coverage with the maximum grafts (7000) and then dermmatch and other concealers to make it work.

I think you are far better off shaving it down and waiting for Histogen and other advancements.

Hi All, I am not exactly NW6, it's the shape, that is closest that I can think of. I was told I would need 5,500. Even if I needed 6,000 or if we exagerate and say 9,000 it does not matter, as I have very thick donor hair on the sides and money is not too much of an issue (without sounding like arrogant sod). However, that's not what this thread is about or that's not the question I was asking. I asked if this is normal to shed hair like this, I also asked if anyone recommends products like Regaine. Basically, I got my answer, through the clinic, I was hoping someone here may have the knowledge to answer that question. Basically, in short I should not really be shedding grafted hair after the initial 3 month period. So what's happening to me is not normal. So I will wait and see. Thank you for all your advice.

thinkin,

I know what you mean. These threads can get off topic very quickly.

While it is true that continued shedding after three months post-op is not the norm, it is not unheard of either.

We could potentially chart the normal range on a curve but there are always those who experience things outside the norm.

Hopefully things will improve for you soon.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by thinkingaboutit View Post
    Hi All, I am not exactly NW6, it's the shape, that is closest that I can think of. I was told I would need 5,500. Even if I needed 6,000 or if we exagerate and say 9,000 it does not matter, as I have very thick donor hair on the sides and money is not too much of an issue (without sounding like arrogant sod). However, that's not what this thread is about or that's not the question I was asking. I asked if this is normal to shed hair like this, I also asked if anyone recommends products like Regaine. Basically, I got my answer, through the clinic, I was hoping someone here may have the knowledge to answer that question. Basically, in short I should not really be shedding grafted hair after the initial 3 month period. So what's happening to me is not normal. So I will wait and see. Thank you for all your advice.
    I have no experience with NW 6 but from what I have read it means you are virtually bald. Rogaine and Finasteride are 95% about maintaining what you have left. This is why many of us did not tell you to run out and buy these products.

I believe with this kind of thin coverage, using concealer can make it appear double or even triple the amount of transplants.

@gillenator, good to see you again. It's nice to see a familiar face from the first time I joined. Up until a month ago, I had very good coverage at the front and top area. It was only crown that was missing. And the thickness was what you would expect at around 6/7 months. Anyway, let's just wait and see. There is no point in worrying about it. I don't regret it.

@gillenator, good to see you again. It's nice to see a familiar face from the first time I joined. Up until a month ago, I had very good coverage at the front and top area. It was only crown that was missing. And the thickness was what you would expect at around 6/7 months. Anyway, let's just wait and see. There is no point in worrying about it. I don't regret it.
    There have been a lot of people who came here to try to help you. You told them you were a NW 6. You should have put up a photo so we could see what your situation is.

Try to appreciate the effort people made to try to post and help you.

Now that's a great attitude! Good to see you too thinkin...
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

A quick reply to all. I contacted the HT Clinic. They will do another session under the guarantee. So if after 12 months, they check, and there is not 3,400 grafts, then they will do the extra grafts at no extra cost. I was due for second session after a year or so anyway to cover the crown area and to add some thickness if I feel I need it. This was discussed before my first HT. Nearly every clinic said I would need 2 or 3 sessions. Each one after a year.

Also, I have been using Remaine for about 10 days now. However, even before the Regaine, I saw some improvement, not anything to shout about. But I do have a head of hair when I had absolutely nothing on top and upfront before the TP. I know everybody is going to ask for pictures and I will post pictures one day. So it's been a week about 10 days on Regaine, and I bought 6 months supply, so I will continue on it. I also started Proscar properly today. I took one about 5 days ago. Then I took one 3 days ago. I thought I would give a bit of gap to see any side effects. So far none. I am going to start taking it daily from today just to give it a boost.

Anyway, I will let you all know how I get along. I am hoping the combination of Regaine and Proscar will give it an extra helping hand, which my grafts may need!

A quick reply to all. I contacted the HT Clinic. They will do another session under the guarantee. So if after 12 months, they check, and there is not 3,400 grafts, then they will do the extra grafts at no extra cost. I was due for second session after a year or so anyway to cover the crown area and to add some thickness if I feel I need it. This was discussed before my first HT. Nearly every clinic said I would need 2 or 3 sessions. Each one after a year.

Also, I have been using Remaine for about 10 days now. However, even before the Regaine, I saw some improvement, not anything to shout about. But I do have a head of hair when I had absolutely nothing on top and upfront before the TP. I know everybody is going to ask for pictures and I will post pictures one day. So it's been a week about 10 days on Regaine, and I bought 6 months supply, so I will continue on it. I also started Proscar properly today. I took one about 5 days ago. Then I took one 3 days ago. I thought I would give a bit of gap to see any side effects. So far none. I am going to start taking it daily from today just to give it a boost.

Anyway, I will let you all know how I get along. I am hoping the combination of Regaine and Proscar will give it an extra helping hand, which my grafts may need!
    Well good luck to you . However, I still have no idea what your situation started as. Your information has been vague and you bounce different bits of your story around . I am sure Gill can and will advise you.

Good luck !!! Keep us posted