+ Reply to Thread

Default International suppliers of meds

Ok, searched a lot on this forum (perhaps I'm blind as well as going bald) but what about a good list of places people can recommend for meds? searching the internet is one thing but what about trust and recommendations?

For example I live in Europe, generally don't buy from the US (cost and delivery time plus have had the odd c.card problem since form Europe) but obviously not averse to it if I can find good costs.

Now i have been buying finasteride from medcab.co.uk (which turns out is in India not the UK). Is it real since it's from India or just baking soda? the box says Dr reddys but really, if youhave a business selling fake tabs then printing boxes isn't difficult and I can't tell if they are real or not since i don't have alab to test them with. I don't count how many hairs I lose either, i take pics but can't see any real difference month to month - i think i am still losing hair but not too quickly, perhaps it will be more noticeable 1 year down the line. plus I use fibres every day so only really see the main problem at weekend when I shampoo with Nizoral and take a break from fibres - which after a week of great hair to a fibre free day it hits me how crappy my hair looks without fibres.

Now I am looking at Dutasteride which obviously seems the way to go (any side effects or not - who cares if you have hair, not me, the risks are worth it). But it's darned expensive. Currently spending €50 on 3 months supply of Fin is enough but from what i see I'd be paying this for 1 month of Dutasteride (MedCab.co.uk doesn't sell Dut).

So what are the places people buy from or recommend to buy Dutasteride from across the planet, what are peoples recommendations and/ or suggestions? Avodart or something generic - what are peoples experiences.

Anybody replying, it would help to try and keep your posts to:

1. Where you buy.
    2. Cost.
    3. Is it generic or the real deal.
    4. Have you seen any result.
    5. Whatever else you feel will contribute to assist others making a choice, whether it's your personal routine or product use etc.

I think this would seriously help a lot of people the more responses the better

I bought some dutasteride from Inhouse Pharmacy-Europe, it hasn't arrived yet but I know they're legit just from the hundreds of people that use them across the hairloss sites. You can get Dr Reddy's dutas for about £50 for 60 pills and they have been shown to be legit as a member of this site did a blood test after using them showing his drastically reduced DHT levels.

Dutasteride can be used EOD 99% as efficiently as someone using it ED due to it's half life meaning 60 pills can last you 4 months.

Spex has links on his website with legit Uk doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    Spex has links on his website with legit Uk doctors.
    Spex?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodyy View Post
    Dutasteride can be used EOD 99% as efficiently as someone using it ED due to it's half life meaning 60 pills can last you 4 months.
    So you can take it every other day? I read somewhere with Fin that it is pretty much done in about 4hours. But with Dutasteride it lasts two days - you sure?

Hi JJ,

I am Spex, Hi.
    I am not a Doctor, however i can give you my opinion if this helps, take it or leave it. It would be advisable prior to embarking on any treatments you discuss the matter with your own GP before rushing into DUT.

FYI - Interestingly enough in Spain you can buy DUT over the counter at any pharmacy without prescription approx £30 a months supply.

There are a few online providers i believe who provide DUT however i'm not familiar with any as never used them. Just be careful and dont rush in. Speak to your GP initially and as many do recommend possibly have relevant blood tests conducted prior to anything to see if there are any underlying issues. However i appreciate you have already been on Finasteride so possibly already had these done. I have the information and details of 2 registered GP's on my site who privately prescribe finasteride but to my knowledge not DUT.

Some info on DUT:

Dutasteride (Avodart) and finasteride (PROPECIA) are both 5-alpha-reductase (5AR) inhibitors. Both treatments work by inhibiting 5AR, the enzyme responsible for converting testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is the primary androgen in the prostate. It is a primary factor in the development and progression of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and other prostate diseases and is also a major cause of hair loss. 0.5mg – 2.5mg of Dutasteride provides better results in hair maintenance/regrowth as opposed to Finasteride

However, the benefit likely comes from its higher inhibition of type II 5ar not its suppression of type I 5ar. Merck tested a specific type I 5ar inhibitor called “MK386″ in a human trial and found it had no effect on balding. Jumping on the Dutasteride bandwagon before the Finasteride bandwagon is not a good idea in my opinion. For most men Finasteride is enough to halt and even reverse MPB…

Side-effects on Dutasteride may be more common, any such sides would last longer as the half-life of Dutasteride is much longer then Finasteride, and unlike type II 5ar type I 5ar *is* present in brain tissue. Finally, keep in mind that DHT is not an evil androgen that just causes hairloss. Various bodily functions benefit from DHT. Finasteride inhibits 65% overall DHT levels leaving 35% for your body to use (most of that 35% is from the type I 5ar that isnt a big factor in hairloss). Dutasteride inhibits 90% or more overall DHT levels leaving 10% or less for your body…

Basically, use Finasteride **first** and only resort to Dutasteride if you must – This is just my opinion
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Hi JJ,

I am Spex, Hi.
    I am not a Doctor, however i can give you my opinion if this helps, take it or leave it. It would be advisable prior to embarking on any treatments you discuss the matter with your own GP before rushing into DUT.

FYI - Interestingly enough in Spain you can buy DUT over the counter at any pharmacy without prescription approx £30 a months supply.

There are a few online providers i believe who provide DUT however i'm not familiar with any as never used them. Just be careful and dont rush in. Speak to your GP initially and as many do recommend possibly have relevant blood tests conducted prior to anything to see if there are any underlying issues. However i appreciate you have already been on Finasteride so possibly already had these done. I have the information and details of 2 registered GP's on my site who privately prescribe finasteride but to my knowledge not DUT.

Some info on DUT:

Dutasteride (Avodart) and finasteride (PROPECIA) are both 5-alpha-reductase (5AR) inhibitors. Both treatments work by inhibiting 5AR, the enzyme responsible for converting testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is the primary androgen in the prostate. It is a primary factor in the development and progression of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and other prostate diseases and is also a major cause of hair loss. 0.5mg – 2.5mg of Dutasteride provides better results in hair maintenance/regrowth as opposed to Finasteride

However, the benefit likely comes from its higher inhibition of type II 5ar not its suppression of type I 5ar. Merck tested a specific type I 5ar inhibitor called “MK386″ in a human trial and found it had no effect on balding. Jumping on the Dutasteride bandwagon before the Finasteride bandwagon is not a good idea in my opinion. For most men Finasteride is enough to halt and even reverse MPB…

Side-effects on Dutasteride may be more common, any such sides would last longer as the half-life of Dutasteride is much longer then Finasteride, and unlike type II 5ar type I 5ar *is* present in brain tissue. Finally, keep in mind that DHT is not an evil androgen that just causes hairloss. Various bodily functions benefit from DHT. Finasteride inhibits 65% overall DHT levels leaving 35% for your body to use (most of that 35% is from the type I 5ar that isnt a big factor in hairloss). Dutasteride inhibits 90% or more overall DHT levels leaving 10% or less for your body…

Basically, use Finasteride **first** and only resort to Dutasteride if you must – This is just my opinion
    Thanks for the info, very helpful.
    As for speaking to a GP - not really an option, I now live in an eastern european country where 'GPs' are old grumpy ladies that probably received their qualifications during russian occupation post war or are qualified through 'time served' - so you're not going to receive much in assistance here, they still operate like it is the 60s soviet union. They are old fashioned and wouldn't have a clue about MPB or what the problem could possibly be or why you would care - they'd tell you to 'go away' pretty much.. Example - I had nerve damage in my neck which was giving me such pain in my arm that you would want to chop it off, couldn't sleep, couldn't do anything but grit your teeth 24/7. I was losing weight faster than an ethopian and literally on the edge of collapse through pain and exhaustion. GPs advice? Exercise, magic. No medication, no suggestions, couldn't think of anywhere to refer me to - no basic idea. She got told what to go do with herself and I kept searching for an answer. Took months to finally find one doctor who had a clue and prescribed the correct 'retard' drug which makes all your nerves numb so it can heal without excruciating pain. Can't feel a thing though, skin is completely numb, very weird, but worked within 2 days.

Anyway, I digress. The Fin bandwagon has been rolling for many years, and the half life is quite short isn't it? I take 1mg tablet of Finasteride every day (from medbab.co.uk - Dr Reddys it says on the box - just noticed they now sell DUT which they didn't a few months back). I don't know if they are real or baking soda pressed into a pill and a nice printed box, who knows. I certainly can't tell, no side effects, no obvious hair re-growth and can't really tell if it has stopped falling out either (been using Fin for a year). I was considering the switch to Dutasteride simply because it appears to have greater results, didn't really worry about the 'unknowns' or risks. Hair is more important and outweighs the risks in my opinion.
    But I guess I will actually continue on FIN for 4 - 6 more months, I will actively take pics of my scalp and see if I can notice any difference over this time, then at least I have a proper comparison to make. If I don't see anything clear then I'll likely switch to DUT , but I will give FIN another shot at least.

Medbab.co.uk doesn't seem to exist. Typo?

Quote Originally Posted by Chromeo View Post
    Medbab.co.uk doesn't seem to exist. Typo?
    Yes - absolutely a typo - my bad. It should be: medcab.co.uk