+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Every case is different, but it's impossible to deny that FUE is becoming the industry standard, especially for younger men with requirements sub 3000 grafts. That's not just my opinion, but the professional opinion of leading doctors.
    Yes every case is different like you say, but then generalise for all young men "requiring" sub 3000 grafts to have FUE.

Maybe some of those young men will wish they utilised their donor supply better when they are a bit older and wiser. I would bet even some will have FUT, if their donor isn't too thinned out.

But not all of them of course, because every case is different.

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Maybe some of those young men will wish they utilised their donor supply better when they are a bit older and wiser. I would bet even some will have FUT, if their donor isn't too thinned out.
    FUT grafts come from the donor too; they aren't magically created from thin air.

Is it wise to opt for the more aggressive surgery suited for a worst case outcome?

A patient in his 20s/30s should be treated with a view to future hair loss, but operating as if he is already 50 years old and Norwood 6 seems terribly pessimistic. Especially with effective treatments at our disposal, and the future of those in development.

FUT grafts come from the donor too; they aren't magically created from thin air.

Is it wise to opt for the more aggressive surgery suited for a worst case outcome?

A patient in his 20s/30s should be treated with a view to future hair loss, but operating as if he is already 50 years old and Norwood 6 seems terribly pessimistic. Especially with effective treatments at our disposal, and the future of those in development.
    Yes but FUT grafts are taken from the sweet spot of the donor and not on and around the border of the safe zone. Plus you can FUE after you've exhausted them.

The "aggressive" approach depends on whether you want to try and do it properly and finish the job if needs be. Or if you want to give up and buzz if off after progressing so far with hair loss. Every individual and case is different remember.

And yeah, the cure is right around the corner...

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    The "aggressive" approach depends on whether you want to try and do it properly
    It is false to imply that FUT is "proper" and FUE isn't. In fact, if trends continue, then FUE is not just proper but the future of this industry.

It is a conversation between the patient and doctor as to whether FUE is suitable given their current hair loss situation, hair loss in their family and medications at their disposal.

Please don't put words in my mouth with regard to a "cure". I don't expect hair loss to be "cured" within the short term, but men who adopt a synergistic approach of topical treatments, oral medications (if tolerated) and hair surgery can put themselves in a good position for whatever the future holds.

It is false to imply that FUT is "proper" and FUE isn't. In fact, if trends continue, then FUE is not just proper but the future of this industry.

It is a conversation between the patient and doctor as to whether FUE is suitable given their current hair loss situation, hair loss in their family and medications at their disposal.

Please don't put words in my mouth with regard to a "cure". I don't expect hair loss to be "cured" within the short term, but men who adopt a synergistic approach of topical treatments, oral medications (if tolerated) and hair surgery can put themselves in a good position for whatever the future holds.
    Yes the future, that is correct.

The day Hasson and Wong go out of business or evolve their technique is the day FUT is no longer the gold standard.

Please quote all of my posts and not cherry pick what you want. But I know that's hard if you don't want to contradict yourself.

Rather than "cherry picking", I merely highlighted the fact that you claim FUT to be proper, which implies that FUE is somehow not. You relegate FUE to "finishing the job", which simply does not reflect the truth.

I do not apologise or contradict myself by pointing any of these myths out and I don't know why Hasson & Wong are of any particular relevance.

Every case is different, but it's impossible to deny that FUE is becoming the industry standard, especially for younger men with requirements sub 3000 grafts. That's not just my opinion, but the professional opinion of leading doctors.
    If you can't see how contrary these posts are then there is no hope for you.

Hasson and Wong are considered the best by many and have the biggest catalogue of results online than anyone. All FUT in case you didn't know. So the day they go out of business or evolve is the day FUE is the proper way.

And I stand by what I said earlier, if I could do it all again I would still choose FUT in Canada.

P.S. You might want to wait for your HT to grow out before you consider yourself an expert on HT surgery.

You highlight two opinions of mine:

1) I believe FUE is becoming the industry standard
    2) FUE surgery must be discussed with a doctor on an individual basis

These are not contradictory. Surgery must always be considered on an individual basis, whether it's FUE or FUT. In the case of FUE, it is a more important conversation because of the drawbacks associated with very large sessions, least of all expense.

It seems quite a bit biased to suggest one clinic sets the standard of the industry. I prefer a more objective approach.

I also do not feel it is necessary for my hair to "grow out" to have a qualified opinion on this topic. Take Dr Rahal's representative Matt for example. Would he have had FUE surgery if he didn't believe it was the best way to go?

You highlight two opinions of mine:

1) I believe FUE is becoming the industry standard
    2) FUE surgery must be discussed with a doctor on an individual basis

These are not contradictory. Surgery must always be considered on an individual basis, whether it's FUE or FUT. In the case of FUE, it is a more important conversation because of the drawbacks associated with very large sessions, least of all expense.

It seems quite a bit biased to suggest one clinic sets the standard of the industry. I prefer a more objective approach.

I also do not feel it is necessary for my hair to "grow out" to have a qualified opinion on this topic. Take Dr Rahal's representative Matt for example. Would he have had FUE surgery if he didn't believe it was the best way to go?
    Matt aint no expert either, god you are gullible.

Did Feriduni use the lateral slit technique on you?

Good discussion. Thank you El Nino.